Things That Make You Go... WTF?

Swifty

doesn't negotiate with terriers
Reaction score
WTF is in this bottle? ..

I got home from work yesterday and the Mrs excitedly said "I've grown an alien by accident!" ..

She took me to our back yard and lifted up one of the old bottles we use for decoration to show me this revolting looking thing:

View attachment 25700

View attachment 25701

It's free floating in natural rain water (although she said she'd bleached the bottle before she put it outside), the top of it is a different texture than the trunk ... could it be some kind of floating fungus or the water bloated remains of a slug or some other animal that fell in? ... and why is the water so clear if it's something rotting?. The Mrs thinks there's air bubbles in the top of it, I can't see those but that would explain why it's floating. WTF is it?
*********EXCITING UPDATE*********

Maybe ... we've done a bit of research and we reckon weird thing in the bottle is a slime mould, possibly a Fonticula .. I'm worried about him over next winter so he might have to go inside our outhouse with a bit of bubble wrap so he doesn't freeze. Otherwise, he's in rude health and even uglier now :)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fonticula

Naughty_Felid

Antediluvian
Reaction score

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
A Chinese bus driver, distraught over the demolition of his public housing home, got drunk and drove his bus into a reservoir - killing himself and circa 20 passengers.
A bus driver in China deliberately crashed and killed 21 people after his house was demolished

A driver deliberately crashed a bus full of passengers into a reservoir in southwestern China, hours after discovering his house had been demolished, local police said Monday.

Twenty-one people died and 15 were injured on July 7 when the bus swerved across five lanes, smashed through a guard rail and partially sank, according to police in the city of Anshun, in Guizhou province.

There were 12 students on the bus at the time of the crash, five of whom died, according to state media. Some of the students were about to sit their their college entrance exams, known as the gaokao, China Central Television (CCTV) reported.

The driver, surnamed Zhang, was among those killed.

"Zhang was unsatisfied with his life and with the demolition of his rented public house. In order to get noticed, he committed an extreme criminal act," the Anshun police statement said. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/14/asia/china-bus-driver-home-demolition-intl-hnk-scli/index.html

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
The manufacturer of the bump stock device used by the Las Vegas massacre shooter to achieve rapid-fire capabilities has been sued for liability. This company is now claiming it's due a portion of the shooter's estate to help it settle any successful liability claims. The company's potential liability obligations far exceed the size of the shooter's estate, meaning the company's claim would negate any possibility of victims' receiving anything.
Bump stock manufacturer seeks Las Vegas shooter’s estate

The largest manufacturer of bump stocks, the firearm attachments used by the Las Vegas gunman in the worst mass shooting in modern U.S. history, has filed a claim against the deceased gunman’s estate that could divert money expected to go to victims’ families.

Slide Fire Solutions, LP, said in a filing in a Nevada court last month that it may be entitled to a portion of Stephen Paddock’s estimated $1 million estate, arguing that Paddock’s estate should share in any damages in a separate class action lawsuit against the bump stock manufacturer.

Slide Fire contends that Paddock, not a bump stock, caused the 2017 shooting in which 58 people were killed and hundreds injured at a country music festival on the Las Vegas Strip. ...

The Texas-based Slide Fire, which stopped taking orders and shut down after the shooting, said Paddock’s actions exposed the company to liability claims and his estate should share in any claims the company may be forced to pay in the separate lawsuit.

“Slide Fire, their creditor’s claim, will in effect wipe out the entire estate,” probate attorney Alice Denton, attorney for the special administrator of Paddock’s estate, told the Las Vegas Review-Journal. ...
FULL STORY: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/things-that-make-you-go-wtf.26340/

IamSundog

Not insane
Reaction score
The manufacturer of the bump stock device used by the Las Vegas massacre shooter to achieve rapid-fire capabilities has been sued for liability. This company is now claiming it's due a portion of the shooter's estate to help it settle any successful liability claims. The company's potential liability obligations far exceed the size of the shooter's estate, meaning the company's claim would negate any possibility of victims' receiving anything.
Well that seems only fair. After all, weapon modifications that let you mow down hundreds of people in mere seconds don’t kill people. People with weapon modifications that let you mow down hundreds of people in mere seconds kill people.

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
Reaction score
There was something similar, for sure, but that's a different scene. Not quite sure what to make of it.
The clue is at the bottom where it says 20th century fox.

Peripart

Antediluvian
Reaction score
This video says it's from Rise of the Planet of the Apes.
The title does, but the text within the video says it's from "West African Soldier". It may have been some sort of viral marketing toe-in, but that is not the "ape with a gun" scene from "RotPotA".