Things That Make You Go... WTF?

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Well, here's something you don't see every day! Certainly not in church!

As part of a three-day event of Supernatural Cleansing, a rather angry pastor gets to trim some lady-gardens.

NSFW, though it is not graphic:

It's not in English but the location appears to be California, according to the poster on the wall.

At least one child is audible in the congregation. I'm not sure what happens with the last lady - she looks very unsteady; the pastor yells at her and dives back under her skirt. Maybe he is addressing a devil in her . . .

:pipe:

:sherlock:

:actw:

:freak:

:willy:

:rollingw:

Edit. I should be relieved that this turns out to be a scene from a movie! See escargot's post below. I suppose the actor-writer-director gives himself the sort of parts he relishes!

Last edited:

Souleater

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score

As part of a three-day event of Supernatural Cleansing, a rather angry pastor gets to trim some lady-gardens.

It's not in English but the location appears to be California, according to the poster on the wall.

At least one child is audible in the congregation. I'm not sure what happens with the last lady - she looks very unsteady; the pastor yells at her and dives back under her skirt. Maybe he is addressing a devil in her . . .

:pipe:

:sherlock:

:actw:

:freak:

:willy:

:rollingw:
That is just wrong on so many levels lol

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score

It's a movie scene.

From pulse.ng (safe news website) -

Video of Pastor shaving pubic hair of women in church is a Kumawood movie

the viral video is a scene of a Kumawood movie that has been titled after the lead character 'Pastor Blinks'. The role was played by movie producer cum director whose name is Nana Mensah Mark.
According to Nana Mensah, he has been inspired to shoot the 'Pastor Blinks' movie because he has once been duped by a supposed man of God and he wants to use his movie to sensitize Ghanaians to be careful and not fall for fake prophets like 'Pastor Blinks'. Watch the video below.
Here's a BBC item about Kumawood -

Ghana's 'Kumawood' studios make films in a hurry

Ghana's TV and film industry, known as Ghallywood, was once the pride of Africa but has now fallen on hard times.

Now 'Kumawood' has taken its place.

The new industry, which churns out films and TV programmes in a hurry, has revived Ghana's creative industry.

BBC What's New reporter Ben Hunte met Maama Serwaa, one of the biggest stars, and took a look behind the scenes.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
That is just wrong on so many levels lol
My Chinese friend forgot which part of the multi-storey car park he had left his car in, so he had to go and check each floor individually.
It was Wong on so many levels.

Ogdred Weary

Cryptozoomologist
Reaction score
Craigslist UK

Saddam Hussein bronze bust asking for best offer
A bronze bust of Saddam Hussein was found in debris in Baghdad Airport
It was discovered by me US Army soldier as I cleared the airport
The bust formed part of a 15ft statue of Hussein and weighs 90lbs
It is a bronze bust of former dictator Saddam Hussein which was found in debris in war-torn Iraq.
The 90lbs war trophy was spotted by former US Army soldier, as I cleared Baghdad International Airport in 2003.
The bust, which is around 17 inches in height, formed part of a 15ft statue of Saddam and was picked and brought it back to the US after a 13-month tour of duty.
The bust, which is around 17 inches in height, formed part of a 15ft statue of Saddam
The statue was partially-destroyed after an intense battle in the airport which became the hub of American operations during the war in Iraq for seven years. .
The statue was partially destroyed after an intense battle in Baghdad airport which became the hub of American operations during the war in Iraq for seven years
'It was in pieces so I was able to take the head and get documentation to take it through customs.
'I decided to wait for a while before trying to sell it so my children could grow up and see it.
'I believe it is the only one if its kind in the USA and it means a lot to me.
'I served my country and served it well and to be able to bring something home to show my family, show my friends, show them what was taking place was important.
Dictatorship: Saddam Hussein was president of Iraq from July 1979 until April 2003

https://london.craigslist.org/atq/d/london-saddam-hussein-bronze-bust/7259936340.html

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Somebody's leaving baked potatos on the front lawn of a Massachusetts library.
Mysterious Baked Potatoes Crop Up at Wayland Library

The library would like residents to chip in any information they have about the provenance of the baked

The Wayland Free Public Library in Massachusetts is asking people to keep their eyes peeled for whoever's been leaving them baked potatoes.

The library’s front lawn has accumulated a couple of baked russet potatoes under mysterious circumstances. The first potato appeared on Monday. The second popped up on Thursday, according to the library.

In a Facebook post, they jokingly wondered if the potatoes are part of a “rare potato” migration or if a kid on a bus was revolted by a packed lunch and tossed it out the window. ...
SOURCE: https://www.necn.com/news/local/mysterious-baked-potatoes-crop-up-at-wayland-library/2389963/

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
They're only cakes!

A woman in Egypt was briefly detained after being accused of baking "indecent" cakes, local media say.

The cakes, topped with genitalia and underwear fashioned out of fondant icing, were eaten at a birthday party at an exclusive Cairo sports club.
After photographs went viral, the baker was arrested and later released on $319 (£234) bail. She is said to have denied making the sexually suggestive icing.

A top religious body warned that such baked goods were forbidden by Islam. Dar al-Ifta wrote on Facebook that products featuring sexual representations were "an assault on the value system and a crude abuse of society".

Several women who attended the birthday party are also reportedly being investigated, while the ministry of youth and sports is looking into the involvement of the club that hosted the private gathering.
Human rights lawyer Negad El Borai tweeted that the incident confirmed "there is a segment of society, with support of the state, that wants to eliminate any space for personal freedom in Egypt under the pretext of safeguarding Egyptian family values".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55717683

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
(juvenile joke alert)

I know who the baker was.
Ivor Hardick.

Stormkhan

Disturbingly familiar
Reaction score
It's that bloody Zeus up to his old tricks again.
Well, it beats the old "golden shower" he used as an excuse.*
I bet Hera was a feckin' dab hand with the rolling pin at times though with some of his shenanigans, I'd suggest a pair of mole-grips or bolt-cutters!
It might be said that the Gods of a people reflect on the worshipper's ideas and attitudes. If that's the case, it raises a lot of discussion around ancient Greeks and their idea of a satisfying sex life.

* Yeah, I know about the modern interpretation of said ... phenomena. But, really, getting a maiden pregnant by a waterfall of expensive glitter?
"No, s'true. Hera! I never bonked her! Glittery fairy dust and *zoinks*, she gets up the duff!"
"Ain't gonna wash, Zeus. You shagged her, you dirty old man!"

Kondoru

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Nope, not the girls fault, it was rape...

(Seriously, does anyone believe that a guy like Zeus would get told `no`??)

Given that most myths are transmitted by women, what does this tell us about the women of Hellas?

Krepostnoi

Confronting the challenge of porcine fragility
Reaction score
Is that true? I think that may be a myth.
Based on what?

I'm aware, for example, of a large body of scholarship which explores the importance of women in the perpetuation of national culture/nationalist myths*, given their traditional role historically as primary caregivers to children.

* Yer pays yer money, yer makes yer choice.

Frideswide

Fortea Morgana :) PeteByrdie certificated Princess
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that most myths are transmitted by women, what does this tell us about the women of Hellas?
An environment where an otherwise inexplicable pregnancy can be blamed on the local river or a passing swan could be advantageous?

feinman

Asymmetric Contact From Hyperdimensional Aliens.
Reaction score
They probably had "doces fálicos" in ancient Egypt and Rome too!
Yes some of these have "cream filling"!! :sneaky2:

So don't make your local pastry chef mad at you or you might get the one with the special filling! :evillaugh:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articl...-the-mascot-of-a-conservative-portuguese-town

"An inscription from Delos shows that part of the cost of the Thesmophoria there went towards paying for a ritual butcher to perform the sacrifices for the festival;[11] literary evidence suggests that in other places, however, the sacrifices may have been made by the women themselves.[12] Some time later, the rotten remains of these sacrifices were retrieved from the pits by "bailers" – women who were required to spend three days in a state of ritual purity before descending into the megara. These were placed on altars to Persephone and Demeter, along with cakes baked in the shape of snakes and phalluses.[13] These remains were then scattered on fields when seeds were sown, in the belief that this would ensure a good harvest.[10] According to Walter Burkert, this practice was "the clearest example in Greek religion of agrarian magic".[14] "

Last edited: