• Server Outage Announcement

Hello, Everyone.
    We will be installing an update to XenForo (the forums software), and doing some server maintenance.
    Consequently, the forums will be unavailable from about 12 - 2 MDT / 2 - 4 EDT / 6 - 8 GMT on Sunday 9th May 2021.

Things That Make You Go... WTF?

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Just seen this in a popup on Amazon....I mean, its not just me, is it? ...
Was it the idea of an elaborate Hot Wheels track designed specifically to create mid-air collisions that struck you with WTF-ness?

salt-man

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Was it the idea of an elaborate Hot Wheels track designed specifically to create mid-air collisions that struck you with WTF-ness?
No - it was the hellish, photoshopped Exorcist-esque child - but it looks like its just me

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Judging by the ruler on the wall in that pic, this kid is freakishly small.

catseye

Old lady trouser-smell
Reaction score
Same here. Seaside town, lockdown eased, visitors on "frenzy" mode ...
On balance, we've little social distancing but mask-wearing is widespread - with a few 'I forgot' but scrabble for said mask.
The weather is set poor though here in Filey we seem to have an alternative weather system so we've had a couple of heavy showers but it's largely mild with sunny spells.
It looks like all the visitors made the bookings way in advance and a little 'climate' isn't going to stop them. Local businesses need the income so it's welcome but, chatting to fellow store-owners, the bizarre thing is that it's not increased visitor numbers but it seems like it is. I'm not sure that there are more tourists (due to lockdown blues or staycation considerations) but it feels so crowded after being so damn quiet for months.
It's like we've forgotten what a busy bank holiday can be like. :D

P.S. Much appreciate the music links, esp. the Rezillos.
I think we got all the Filey returners on their way back through to Leeds, popping in to the shop to pick up twenty Rothmans and an eight pack. What IS it with thinking that pulling your T shirt up over your nose renders you immune to viruses and invisible to all other customers?

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Couldn't decide where best to put this so settled for here as it really seems to be a WTF??!!
It's a fiberglass shower structure typically used for children's pool areas.

I'm not sure which is scarier - the one you posted, or the fact they seem to be common. Do a Google image search on:

[ shower clown ]

... to see what I mean.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
It's a fiberglass shower structure typically used for children's pool areas.

I'm not sure which is scarier - the one you posted, or the fact they seem to be common. Do a Google image search on:

[ shower clown ]

... to see what I mean.
I'd find that too scary to use!

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
... Does the water come from the willy, the chest or the nose? Not a question I have often needed to ask. :oops:
If you do an image search and see the variety in installations (see above), it appears the controls and faucets can be arranged differently.

EnolaGaia

Staff member
Reaction score
Is it just me, or is there something disturbingly ironic about rendering an iconic artwork illustrating the horrors of war in chocolate and sending it on an exhibition tour?
Spanish confectioners recreate Picasso's 'Guernica' in chocolate

Confectioners in Spain used about 1,102 pounds of chocolate to create an edible version of Pablo Picasso's 1937 painting Guernica.

Chocolatiers and pastry chefs hailing from Basque created the 24.6-foot-by-11.4-foot version of the painting to commemorate the 85th anniversary of the April 26, 1937, bombing of Guernica during the Spanish Civil War. ...

The painting depicts people and animals being killed and injured during the bombing by Francisco Franco's Nationalist faction. ...
FULL STORY: https://www.upi.com/Odd_News/2021/0...version-Pablo-Picasso-Guernica/2401620244893/

JamesWhitehead

Piffle Prospector
Reaction score
Last edited:

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I bet they're eye-wateringly costly

charliebrown

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Britain and France almost go to war over the Island of Jersey fishing rights. ???

Gun boats face off with each other ?