WeeScottishLassie

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
O. M. G!!! :oops:

wewewe.jpg

hunck

Antediluvian
Reaction score
Below his sight line. I used to love truck drivers in my serious biker days (when I used to ride in all weathers). A lot of them will let you drop into the air pocket behind the truck if its peeing down, and they'll flash the brakes if they can see a need to slow down coming. (Laden trucks stop quicker than bikes).
Clearly it happens, from the videos. You’d have to not notice in your wing mirror the car overtaking then not appearing in front of you. Fair enough, you can’t keep an eye on every car that overtakes. You’d also have to not notice any bump & increased friction - there must be some resistance pushing a sudden additional substantial weight. I suppose the last thing you’d expect though is a car at right angle in front if you hadn’t seen it happen.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
Clearly it happens, from the videos. You’d have to not notice in your wing mirror the car overtaking then not appearing in front of you. Fair enough, you can’t keep an eye on every car that overtakes. You’d also have to not notice any bump & increased friction - there must be some resistance pushing a sudden additional substantial weight. I suppose the last thing you’d expect though is a car at right angle in front if you hadn’t seen it happen.
The cars' drivers were lucky to have been hit broadside. The alternative (head-on) is instantaneously fatal, as I described in a 2007 post in the Cone Of Silence thread:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/cone-of-silence.29909/post-714882

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
John Hinckley, who failed to impress Jodie Foster by shooting Ronald Reagan, has spent his time inside composing original songs (or straight-up "bangers" as the comments call them!) and is now putting them up on YT

Hey, I've heard worse!

I won't link to it, but he's on Twitter now too. "Zero Following" - it's all about plugging his tunes. He also says Devo owe him royalties (!?). Can that be true?

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Thing is with a big modern truck they have a lot of horse power and if something slows it down being a diesel the governor will try to compensate.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
I won't link to it, but he's on Twitter now too. "Zero Following" - it's all about plugging his tunes. He also says Devo owe him royalties (!?). Can that be true?
I suppose if Devo are playing/streaming his songs, then he is owed royalties.

GNC

King-Sized Canary
Reaction score
I suppose if Devo are playing/streaming his songs, then he is owed royalties.

He says he cowrote a song with them in 1982. Looking it up, they set his "poem" to music, which isn't the same thing. I don't know the law regarding royalties of convicted criminals in the US, mind you.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
He says he cowrote a song with them in 1982. Looking it up, they set his "poem" to music, which isn't the same thing. I don't know the law regarding royalties of convicted criminals in the US, mind you.
I know in the UK you cannot profit from your crime whilst in prison, but you can earn money for things that are not related to your crime.

Nosmo King

I'm not a cat
Reaction score
If he is listed as a co-writer then he is entitled to royalties I suppose :dunno:

Vardoger

Make mine a 99
Reaction score
They owe him royalties for writing the lyrics If it is a poem he has published. 40 years of royalties can amount to a lot, including being played on radio the world over.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)

ChasFink

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
If you're lost on a mountain at night and presumably known to be overdue, answer your damned phone ...
Hiker Lost for 24 Hours Ignored Rescuer Phone Calls Because 'Didn't Recognize the Number'

A hiker who was missing for more than 24 hours on Colorado's highest mountain ignored repeated phone calls from a search and rescue team because they came from an unknown number, it has been revealed. ...

As first reported by The Sacramento Bee, Lake County Search and Rescue found their efforts to locate a hiker lost on Mount Elbert on Monday, October 18, significantly hindered after the individual failed to respond to multiple calls. ...

According to a statement posted to Facebook by Lake County Search and Rescue, the hiker had set off at 9 a.m. but had not returned by 8 p.m. that evening. ...

After several attempts to contact him by phone, five Lake County Search and Rescue team members were deployed at around 10 p.m. to search "high probability areas" around Mount Elbert.

They failed to locate the hiker and returned back to their base at around 3 a.m. the next day, with a second search team made up of three search and rescue members picking up the search at 7 a.m.

At around 9:30 a.m. it was reported that the man "had returned to their place of lodging."

The hiker told the authorities they had lost the trail around nightfall and had spent the subsequent hours searching for it before finally reaching their car.

They had no idea a search and rescue operation had been launched to try and locate them.

"One notable take-away is that the subject ignored repeated phone calls from us because they didn't recognize the number," Lake County Search and Rescue said.

"If you're overdue according to your itinerary, and you start getting repeated calls from an unknown number, please answer the phone; it may be a search and rescue team trying to confirm you're safe!" ...
FULL STORY: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...ecause-didn-t-recognize-the-number/ar-AAPVu5h
I told my wife this could happen to her since she never answers an unknown number. She agreed.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
I answer unknown numbers and then pretend to speak some obscure language.