Reaction score
Riding through the village today and noticed some blokes come out of a Cafe,
one was being frog marched by the others, they looked military, they seemed
to be taking him to a grey Transit with darkened windows, I thought WTF turned
round about 200 yards up the road but when I got back less than 90 secs they
were gone so was the Transit, they had not passed me and I was on the main
road only one other road out and that is narrow, rough, and a lot longer so no
idea were they went, I checked the bike cam and they definitely did not pass
me. Look on the left it's slowed down. The Transit is the one with the lights on
parked a bit further up.

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
Shame you can't make out the reg clearly or you could look up some details on it.
You could find out firstly if it is legally taxed and MOT'd.
From the letters prefix you could tell which area it was first registered in - so if it was an area which contains a large military base or establishment then you might deduce it was one of a batch of vehicles registered to (eg) a US airbase.

RaM

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Yep no way to read the number the cam is ok at numbers right in front but
looses out towards the edges you cant expect a lot for 20 odd quid.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
me. Look on the left it's slowed down. The Transit is the one with the lights on
parked a bit further up.

May be an arrest by military police. Might be a serviceman who'd gone AWOL or may not have returned to base.

Ghost In The Machine

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
parked a bit further up.

Could be those immigration police thingies that appeared during Theresa May's Hostile Environment? Saw them but they were in marked vans in town, outside a restaurant (cheap labour)? Not her infamous "Go Home" vans but they were some kind of police thing that swooped on several of the restaurants in town and took away people working there. Last seen a couple years ago. Maybe they're unmarked vans now? Cafes and takeaways is where they were seen, here. Cos I mentioned it to someone and they said they'd seen it too, outside a takeaway somewhere else. Couldn't believe my eyes first time I saw it - very sinister. So maybe they responded to the public response by continuing it in unmarked vehicles? Grey Transit would be about right.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Shame you can't make out the reg clearly or you could look up some details on it.
You could find out firstly if it is legally taxed and MOT'd.
From the letters prefix you could tell which area it was first registered in - so if it was an area which contains a large military base or establishment then you might deduce it was one of a batch of vehicles registered to (eg) a US airbase.

- Or @RaM could inform the police, who are the people whom we pay to investigate suspicious incidents.

maximus otter

Trevp666

It was like that when I got here.........honest!!!
Reaction score
Welwyn Garden City (but oddly, not an actual city)
- Or @RaM could inform the police, who are the people whom we pay to investigate suspicious incidents.

maximus otter
Oh christ NO....don't tell the police....you'll find yourself being banged up!
What you need is a small group of teenagers with a dog to investigate anything 'sus'.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member
Reaction score
This Kansas City incident involving a married couple was apparently an attempted carjacking (or robbery or purse-snatching) that went awry. The attacker(s) got away, but the husband ended up being run over ... twice ... by his wife.
Man hurt when wife drives over him during theft attempt with bowling ball

A man was critically hurt when his wife drove over him twice as he tried to dislodge a bowling ball that had been thrown in front of their car ...

The couple ran over the bowling ball around 3 p.m. Saturday in Kansas City, Missouri, and the ball became lodged under their car ...

After they stopped, the 25-year-old man crawled under the vehicle to try to remove the ball. Then a suspect approached the vehicle and tried to grab the 25-year-old woman’s purse while the man was trying to reach the bowling ball ...

During a struggle over the purse, the woman pressed her foot on the gas pedal and heard a yell from under the car, which had rolled over her husband.

Police said the woman then put the car in reverse and rolled over her husband a second time. As the man cried out, the suspect fled without the purse.

The man was taken to a hospital in critical condition, but he was in stable condition Saturday night. ...
SOURCE: https://krcgtv.com/news/local/man-h...er-him-during-theft-attempt-with-bowling-ball

Tempest63

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
After years of trying to keep children out of our building sites we appear to be encouraging kids of all ages to come in for a variety of reasons. Most wander around with a blank disinterested look as it would appear their schools are sending them in as part of work experience or getting the kids to look at the possibility of a career in construction.
Today’s discovery really takes the biscuit. We have invited an autistic child into site but due to the disability the child has serious psychological problems with noise. To this end the child will be provided with noise cancelling headphones.
I can understand that we accommodate some kids who may eventually look at taking a construction job, but to bring someone into a busy construction site when they have a problem with noise doesn’t seem the cleverest of ideas.
Just adds more unnecessary risk that we have to manage out.

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
After years of trying to keep children out of our building sites we appear to be encouraging kids of all ages to come in for a variety of reasons. Most wander around with a blank disinterested look as it would appear their schools are sending them in as part of work experience or getting the kids to look at the possibility of a career in construction.
Today’s discovery really takes the biscuit. We have invited an autistic child into site but due to the disability the child has serious psychological problems with noise. To this end the child will be provided with noise cancelling headphones.
I can understand that we accommodate some kids who may eventually look at taking a construction job, but to bring someone into a busy construction site when they have a problem with noise doesn’t seem the cleverest of ideas.
Just adds more unnecessary risk that we have to manage out.
They should only send kids who seem to be interested.
Otherwise, it's a waste of everybody's time.

FunkyTT

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
The sound effects guy must of been high . Who knew spiders sounded like werewolves and zombies. Hilarious.

Ogdred Weary

The Lich-King of Angmar
Reaction score
Possibly NSFW:

lars toilet.jpg

ramonmercado

CyberPunk
Reaction score
Words fail me:

Mrs Arnold investigated, she stumbled across Shani's bound and gagged body lying face-down in the water.

For the first three days after Shani's body was found police treated her death as a suicide.

A pensioner has been accused of murdering "Lady in the Lake" Shani Warren more than 30 years ago.

Donald Robertson failed to appear in court for his first remand hearing today, telling a District Judge he could not attend the hearing over a live video link from custody, as he was in isolation due to a Covid-19 outbreak in the prison where he was being held.

District Judge Arvind Sharma, sitting at High Wycombe Magistrates' Court, heard that the 66-year-old is accused of the murder, false imprisonment and indecent assault of 26-year-old Shani in April 1987.

He is also accused of the false imprisonment and rape of a 16-year-old girl from Slough, Berks., in July 1981.

The pensioner was alleged to have murdered Shani after she disappeared from her home in Stoke Poges, Bucks., only moments after she had finished mowing the lawn at the house her millionaire parents had brought her.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/man-accused-over-unsolved-murder-25555631

Lb8535

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
Being
I just looked around and didn't find an extended edition. Do you know the date or who issued? Thx.
Edit - ah the trick is that these appear only to have been issued in Europe. EBay has them - inexpensive product, heavy shipping. And region is not listed but I assume not the same as the US.
Being good and following up on this, I just now watched the director's cut and it is actually a decent sci-fi horror film with the exception that the director's evaluation of what he thought would play on how to show the monster was dead wrong. We see entirely too much of it and it looks silly in each incarnation - CGI, puppet, miniature, animatronic, guy in a suit. Moral -- don't show the monster unless you're incredibly imaginative and talented or are Stan Winston. But there was a lot of good writing, secondary story arc and acting by a number of people all of which was cut presumably by the studio. I cared about the characters, murderers and rapists all. So if you were with me on staying away from Alien 3, find the director's cut and try it again.