• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Phallic Food Items

rynner2

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Everything you need to know about geoducks!
The 'phallic' clam America sells to China
By James Morgan BBC News, Washington DC
19 July 2015

It's not the most beautiful dinner to look at and it has a very odd name... but in China the geoduck is an expensive delicacy, so on North America's Pacific coast the race is on to farm them and cash in.
The first thing people notice is the shape - it's not nicknamed the King Clam for nothing.
Its long, probing siphon bulges out of its shell and burrows through the sand - sucking in sea water, and squirting it out again (minus vital nutrients) from its tip.
Even its name sounds peculiar when pronounced correctly: "gooey-duck".

It is the largest burrowing clam in the world and can weigh up to 16lb (7.25kg), but it has another claim to fame.
It tastes delicious.
So delicious in fact that diners at high-end seafood restaurants in China will pay up to $300 (£200) for a fresh geoduck imported live from Canada or the US.
Its delicate texture and exotic looks are prized by connoisseurs - who consider the "elephant trunk clam", as it is known in China, to be an aphrodisiac.
"You really feel a mouthful of the Pacific... it's slippery, it's very tender, very sweet," said diners interviewed by the BBC in Beijing.

etc (with pics)...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-33261666

"You really feel a mouthful of the Pacific... it's slippery, it's very tender, very sweet,"

That stirs a memory; the first time you gag and the second time your hat blows off!

I do enjoy razor-clams, which can reach an impressive length but the last time I bought a dozen here, my wallet was a lot lighter. Geoducks are out of my league. :(

All readers of this thread must do so using their inner Frankie Howard voice.

(you call that large?)

Usually, that kind of thing doesn't make the news.

All readers of this thread must do so using their inner Frankie Howard voice.

(you call that large?)
Oo-er, missus!

It does occur to me belatedly to wonder if the metro website is indeed as I surmised the web version of the free daily newspaper OR instead is a parody or sunday sport type site with made up stories. If the former all is well. If the latter I apologies for disturbing you with such nonsense. But not too much. It still looks like a penis.

It does occur to me belatedly to wonder if the metro website is indeed as I surmised the web version of the free daily newspaper OR instead is a parody or sunday sport type site with made up stories. If the former all is well. If the latter I apologies for disturbing you with such nonsense. But not too much. It still looks like a penis.
No, I'm not having a go at you for posting it here, Gattino - I just have a certain amount of bafflement that people send minor stuff like this in to a paper so they can get their picture in there. Self-publicising or something.

A friend of mine recieved a fried cod for her fish & chips that looked like a penis. Obviously she missed out on her 15 minutes of fame.

Fallacious phallic photography....must've been a slow news day, even for that pillar of journalistic integrity, The Metro. And a slow life day for the 'busy mum'....I do hope she enjoys her new-found fame, as the only person in the history of people, ever, not to have initially thought that her supermarket purchase looked exactly like a giant dick.

Sorry, to claim this innocence, and then attempt to remedy the situation by contacting the press.

Esther's incubus, Cyril Fletcher from 'That's Life', would've known how to handle this objectively....nay, nay and thrice nay.

They're only cakes!

A woman in Egypt was briefly detained after being accused of baking "indecent" cakes, local media say.

The cakes, topped with genitalia and underwear fashioned out of fondant icing, were eaten at a birthday party at an exclusive Cairo sports club.
After photographs went viral, the baker was arrested and later released on $319 (£234) bail. She is said to have denied making the sexually suggestive icing.

A top religious body warned that such baked goods were forbidden by Islam. Dar al-Ifta wrote on Facebook that products featuring sexual representations were "an assault on the value system and a crude abuse of society".

Several women who attended the birthday party are also reportedly being investigated, while the ministry of youth and sports is looking into the involvement of the club that hosted the private gathering.
Human rights lawyer Negad El Borai tweeted that the incident confirmed "there is a segment of society, with support of the state, that wants to eliminate any space for personal freedom in Egypt under the pretext of safeguarding Egyptian family values".

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-55717683

I wonder if they had a runny filling?

rude cakes.png

(juvenile joke alert)

I know who the baker was.
Ivor Hardick.

They probably had "doces fálicos" in ancient Egypt and Rome too!
Yes some of these have "cream filling"!! :sneaky2:
image.jpg

So don't make your local pastry chef mad at you or you might get the one with the special filling! :evillaugh:

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articl...-the-mascot-of-a-conservative-portuguese-town

"An inscription from Delos shows that part of the cost of the Thesmophoria there went towards paying for a ritual butcher to perform the sacrifices for the festival;[11] literary evidence suggests that in other places, however, the sacrifices may have been made by the women themselves.[12] Some time later, the rotten remains of these sacrifices were retrieved from the pits by "bailers" – women who were required to spend three days in a state of ritual purity before descending into the megara. These were placed on altars to Persephone and Demeter, along with cakes baked in the shape of snakes and phalluses.[13] These remains were then scattered on fields when seeds were sown, in the belief that this would ensure a good harvest.[10] According to Walter Burkert, this practice was "the clearest example in Greek religion of agrarian magic".[14] "

Last edited:
A German political party commissioned some gummy candies to distribute as promotional items. The candies were supposed to be shaped like the party's logo (a curved arrow). They ended up looking more like little penises.

GermanPromoPenisCandies-2209.jpeg
Germans poke fun at far-right party’s phallic candies

A far-right party in Germany is being mocked online for planning to offer voters soft candies that bear a striking resemblance to a dildo.

Alternative for Germany had ordered the red gummy sweets in the shape of its party logo — a swoosh-like arrow — to hand out during the election campaign in Lower Saxony state, where a regional election is set for Oct. 9.

A picture of the candies tweeted by a reporter for German weekly Der Spiegel drew tens of thousands of likes and numerous mirthful comments, many of them below the belt. ...
FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/article/oddities-germany-government-and-politics-f63ee831b64964ccd3da6436904a3163

Back