• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Strange Entity Sighting (Poland; March, 2006)

Graylien

As if!
Dog wailing calmly? WTF is that? It's like some kind of Zen riddle! Imagine one hand clapping. Now imagine dog wailing calmly. I was going to post this in cryptozoology somewhere but it's just too bonkers:

POLAND: STRANGE ENTITY SEEN IN WOJEWODZTWO LUBELSKIE [2006]

Location: Road #19, between Lublin and Krasnik, East of Niedrzwica Koscielna, POLAND

A certain man allegedly observed some strange entity near Niedrzwica Koscielna. It was allegedly a huge "animal" that ran unbelievably fast but it didn't left prints on a soft snow covering the field. The witness couldn't hear sounds of its pace but the entity emitted also odd voices that were also detected by some dogs located several km away. The witness conducted psychological tests.

Here is a fragment of his relation [based on an original audio record of his statement]: "I saw a very odd animal on a field next to the path I walked. It was late and dark so I'm not able to fully describe it. I could rather hear it but also in an other way: I couldn't hear it walking on the snow despite of a fact that the field was covered with a dozen centimeter thick layer of snow.

The snow cover may smothered the sound but in some places the surface was frozen and crackling. And when I visited that place by day I didn't find any traces of it despite of a fact that it wasn't snowing what might wipe out the prints.

Suddenly I heard strange sounds emitted by it. It wasn't howling, wailing but rather growling or snoring. It resembles a crow's croaking but it wasn't. The sound lasted several seconds and echo took it […] I felt shivers down my spine when I heard wailing of dozens of dogs […].

The animal moved away suddenly and for a fraction of a second I was able to observe it passing about 50 m in front of me. Anyway it was just a moment and I didn't regard it well. After about a half of a minute it screamed strangely once again. […]

When I saw my dog [when I reached home], it scared me. Dog refused to went out of his kennel wailing calmly, listening carefully and looking around. The dog behaved strange also on the next day. […]

On the next day I went in that place where I encountered that "thing". As I said it wasn't snowing nor raining and despite of it I wasn't able to find any footprints of a huge animal. I noticed only footprints of partridge and also those of hare or a rabbit. I was confused because the creature must left some prints. […]

source
Original link is dead (site is MIA). See below for additional info.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good find, Graylien!

Obviously a lot lost in the translation there (and perhaps a bit added!)
Dog wailing calmly?
Well, I can understand that.

But
The witness conducted psychological tests.
On who or what? Himself?
And what were the results? :shock:

The original / full account for the story quoted above can be accessed via the Wayback Machine:

https://web.archive.org/web/20100104015834/http://www.ufoinfo.com/news/polandentity2.shtml

The full account includes the time of the sighting incident:
Date: March 2nd 2006
Time: ~ 23:00

The full account also includes some info about a possible explanation and the source from which the UFO blog obtained the story.
[It seems that he described an encounter with a bear but these live only in Tatras Mountain, Bieszczadas and Beskidas. Other huge animals beside of bison, deer and elk aren't spotted in Poland - NOL]

Source: TINH Institute, POLAND [special thanks to Mr. Kamil Leziak]
by: Piotr Cielebias: NOL - Polish UFO Journal, 31/03/06 [http://nol-polishufojournal.blogspot.com]

[UFOINFO thanks Piotr Cielebias, NOL and NPN for the report]

The Polish UFO Journal blog / website appears to have gone MIA quite some years ago. I could not find the March 2006 archive among the materials surviving at the Wayback Machine.

It's too bad we dont have the original Polish text. It certainly feels like things got lost in the translation.

Back