Think You May Have Dreamt The Future?

AgProv

Master of Uncertainty and Doubt
Reaction score
Here's an interesting one from last night (26th - 27th Nov 2020).
Roughly 8:00am on a day off from work. so I wanted to enjoy a lie-in. Bladder was just full enough to be uncomfortable but the rest of me simply didn't want to get out of bed. You know how it is. So the casting vote was my brain drifting off into sleep again, but the sort of light sleep that can be disturbed in a second. I remember being awoken in the night by hearing birds singing outside the house but thought - three in the morning? Birdsong? and was baffled. (something hypnogogic?)

Anyway, the early morning dream on 27/11. I was in a bus station somewhere. It wasn't Stockport, but might have been elsewhere in Greater Manchester; association was Bolton or Bury. It felt like Bury, visually: the view through the glass walls behind the bus shelter looked like Bury's metro/rail station, which places the location. .

In the dream I was one of two people who were in the company of a man with a gun. We weren't hostages exactly - I had the feeling the gunman regarded us as accomplices, or else as people who were not opposed to him. He was telling us exactly what he proposed to do in a few moments as if we were sympathetic to his motives - I get the feeling we were to be left alive to explain his reasons to the world.

The gunman was middle twenties, dressed in dark clothing, was white British, blonde-brown short-cut hair, dark glasses. He was leaning on a metal dividing barrier in the bus station, looked pretty relaxed, and the visible weapon was a large assault rifle he was holding to his front in the British military manner, the stock resting in the crook of his right arm and the barrel pointing slightly up.

He was explaining that he was going to make his point, when the next bus came in, by killing the driver and as many people aboard as he could. He knew this was a distasteful thing to do and he wished he didn't have to do it, but he had been forced to do this and there was really no alternative. (At this point, dream-me was weighing up "can I run for it?" against "This man is a dangerous loony. I seem to have his trust. Is there anything large and heavy I can clock him over the head with?")

Then a bus was coming in - it was in the purple-and-cream livery of First Buses, who are the dominant service provider in Bury as they are in all of North Manchester. The number on the front definitely ended in 7; might have been 57, 87 or 97.

End of dream. (Bladder re-asserted itself) - but I got a "prompt" in my head urgently saying "This will happen". So I leave this here, on the record.

AgProv

Reaction score
Here's an interesting one from last night (26th - 27th Nov 2020).
Roughly 8:00am on a day off from work. so I wanted to enjoy a lie-in. Bladder was just full enough to be uncomfortable but the rest of me simply didn't want to get out of bed. You know how it is. So the casting vote was my brain drifting off into sleep again, but the sort of light sleep that can be disturbed in a second. I remember being awoken in the night by hearing birds singing outside the house but thought - three in the morning? Birdsong? and was baffled. (something hypnogogic?)
ah. Light dawns. We have a thriving robin population locally - I have a family of them that appear to have colonised our back garden...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11714-urban-birds-sing-at-night-to-be-heard/

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
AgProv someone local has acquired a rooster and the darn thing starts crowing just after 3am when it's not nearly light.. That's when the wattlebirds begin their applepicker calls.

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
As i think ive said before, though i assert precognition is a normal part of dreaming, ive never predicted an event and those rare occasions when i have an omenous dream about a celebrity they've never come true. Nonetheless to avoid kicking myself later i feel compelled to record them here when i do.

Around 7am this morning (12/09/21) i dreamt i witnessed former US president Jimmy Carter keel over from a heart attack. (I cradled his head as an insensitive/cold hearted female news reporter stood nearby talking to camera.. i remonstrated with her)

Carter is in his 90s. There would be nothing unusual if he were to go any time soon. Or at least have a medical emergency. However me dreaming about him at all is unusual and i can think of no trigger for it. So report it i must. You know, just in case.

escargot

Disciple of Marduk
Reaction score
As i think ive said before, though i assert precognition is a normal part of dreaming, ive never predicted an event and those rare occasions when i have an omenous dream about a celebrity they've never come true. Nonetheless to avoid kicking myself later i feel compelled to record them here when i do.

Around 7am this morning (12/09/21) i dreamt i witnessed former US president Jimmy Carter keel over from a heart attack. (I cradled his head as an insensitive/cold hearted female news reporter stood nearby talking to camera.. i remonstrated with her)

Carter is in his 90s. There would be nothing unusual if he were to go any time soon. Or at least have a medical emergency. However me dreaming about him at all is unusual and i can think of no trigger for it. So report it i must. You know, just in case.
I completely see where you're coming from on that, having made a dream-based prediction about the sudden death of singer Tom Jones which happily seems less and less likely as time goes on. :chuckle:

yodigo

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Had one last week. I asked my dreams about my Partners next job. Dreamt that my partner was dressed in a business suit and smiling - the spoken part was
1) Going to London
2) See her first there
3) name is "Alf"

Two days later my partner applies for a job, gets an immediate interview.
1) In our context, "Going to London" would mean international travel - and the company is involved in that.
2) She applied to this company a while ago, but it wasn't the right time - however it was the first she applied to in their specific sector.
3) The interviewer has a non-English name that doesn't have a direct translation apparently - but does include the letters 'a l f'

She is offered, and accepts, the post!

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Reaction score
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Had one last week. I asked my dreams about my Partners next job. Dreamt that my partner was dressed in a business suit and smiling - the spoken part was
1) Going to London
2) See her first there
3) name is "Alf"

Two days later my partner applies for a job, gets an immediate interview.
1) In our context, "Going to London" would mean international travel - and the company is involved in that.
2) She applied to this company a while ago, but it wasn't the right time - however it was the first she applied to in their specific sector.
3) The interviewer has a non-English name that doesn't have a direct translation apparently - but does include the letters 'a l f'

She is offered, and accepts, the post!
Alison Moyet used to call herself 'Alf'.

AgProv

Reaction score
Weds 13th October 2021:

Day off work, felt very tired this afternoon. Sat down on the sofa, put a blanket over myself, took advantage of being alone in the house and dozed off. In a semi-asleep state, not quite all the way there, I saw a scene where weak winter sunlight was reflecting off a still sea. This appeared to be a bay somewhere with a high steep cliff, possibly a mountainside, to my left, and lower hills stretching out a sort of natural promontory into the sea over to my right. The combination of the cliff on the left and the promontory on the right left only a small natural channel into the bay - an ideal place for a sheltered harbour. I was aware I was on a quayside and there was a town nearby. Nobody else in sight, no boats visible. There was no sound, just a picture only; I watched the cliffside beginning to collapse and lots of rock and rubble collapsing into the water, which seethed and became agitated. The cliff collapse continued until the whole of the natural channel into the bay was blocked and the rock waste stood maybe twenty feet proud of the water. There was no emotion connected with this and the cliff-mountainside collapse had no asociation with the thing going on in Tenerife, it was spectacular but too small. Apart from the agitated water, there was no visible tsunami or anything like that: I remember thinking "This will take some clearing up if this is ever going to function as a port again." Had a feeling this was somewhere in Northern Europe: possibly Norway.

Last edited:

bugmum

Abominable Snowman
Reaction score
Weds 13th October 2021:

Day off work, felt very tired this afternoon. Sat down on the sofa, put a blanket over myself, took advantage of being alone in the house and dozed off. In a semi-asleep state, not quite all the way there, I saw a scene where weak winter sunlight was reflecting off a still sea. This appeared to be a bay somewhere with a high steep cliff, possibly a mountainside, to my left, and lower hills stretching out a sort of natural promontory into the sea over to my left. The combination of the cliff on the left and the promontory on the right left only a small natural channel into the bay - an ideal place for a sheltered harbour. I was aware I was on a quayside and there was a town nearby. Nobody else in sight, no boats visible. There was no sound, just a picture only; I watched the cliffside beginning to collapse and lots of rock and rubble collapsing into the water, which seethed and became agitated. The cliff collapse continued until the whole of the natural channel into the bay was blocked and the rock waste stood maybe twenty feet proud of the water. There was no emotion connected with this and the cliff-mountainside collapse had no asociation with the thing going on in Tenerife, it was spectacular but too small. Apart from the agitated water, there was no visible tsunami or anything like that: I remember thinking "this will take some clearing up if this is ever going to function as a port again." Had a feeling this was somewhere in Northern Europe: possibly Norway.
There was a piece on the southwest local news last night about a small cliff fall somewhere in Cornwall, which a local managed to video. But that was on a beach rather than into a harbour.

Rappinghood

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
Many, many years ago (before I had children) I had a dream about living near a rail line in a depressing city. I had a teenage daughter who kept asking me to move. I wrote a short story based on the dream which I've long since lost.

Some 20 years on, my teenage daughter and I are moving from a depressing city this weekend and won't miss being near a rail line.

I know, enormously vague and there's nothing in it but it's funny how things work out all the same.

yodigo

Fresh Blood
Reaction score
Another one from this month. Someone close (10+ years older) had been ill, and not long left on this earth. They have one child, a son.

I bump into a chap who says they went to primary school with me, but I don't recognise them. They say they are organising a reunion party for the class.

Next I'm at the party, but there are far more people there than you would expect and the "DJ" says it's now a reunion for everyone born in my year of birth. The crowd is illuminated by coloured lights, and music plays.

After a short time the music stops, lights go out and there are only a few of us left, less than 10. The room is now dark and grey.

I wake up and think "what was all that about?"

Later that day I find out they died that night :(

The funeral service is held a place I've been once before, and would expect the service to be held. The chapel has one wall as a massive stained glass window. The son conducts the service on his own (not expected by me), and music is played.

The final part was totally unexpected though. Round the back of the chapel is the crematorium, and after the service a few of us (<10) go there, the room is dark and grey....

Did I dream the service? Looks close, but the nature was changed, maybe to make it easier?