Think You May Have Dreamt The Future?

bugmum

Justified & Ancient
I think this is cheating because it's becoming inevitable - but the other morning I was dreaming that I was watching the news when "Breaking" flashed up and they cut to a reporter who was struggling to hold back tears as she announced that the Queen was dead.

Undoubtably triggered by the Palace saying that HM wasn't attending the garden parties this year, but I'll get my claim to precognition in there quickly.

gattino

Justified & Ancient
This morning a friend messaged me to say he'd dreamt of the ceiling falling on his mother's head ..and was telling me as a "just in case it happens" record.

What got my attention - and makes me confident his dream was not precognitive - was that it seemed to me to be telepathic. Last night before bed I watched the recent spiderman movie, in which his Aunt May is knocked out and injured by the collapsing rubble of her apartment.

I believe it's likely he picked up the imagery from my sleeping unconscious rather than saw his own future.

(A highly speculative detail as to the why may be that the friend in question like Peter Parker and dozens of other marvel characters has an alliterative name. )

JahaRa

Ephemeral Spectre
I think this is cheating because it's becoming inevitable - but the other morning I was dreaming that I was watching the news when "Breaking" flashed up and they cut to a reporter who was struggling to hold back tears as she announced that the Queen was dead.

Undoubtably triggered by the Palace saying that HM wasn't attending the garden parties this year, but I'll get my claim to precognition in there quickly.
Good greif, she is 96 years old and her husband died recently. Often when a couple has been married over 50 years and one spouse dies, the other one doesn't live much longer, and they were married for over 70 years.

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Well this one is a corker.

Yesterday was the anniversary of my deceased brother Conor's death.

This morning a dream about his son Daniel ( I've never dreamt of him and not seen him since his father's death). In the dream I catch him having stolen private Info on my phone by photographing the screen with his phone. I demand he delete the images now. He hands his phone to me to do it myself. But I'm flummoxed by the unfamiliar apps on it that some of my stuff may be hidden behind.

Just now, in waking life, my eldest brother texted. He says he'd just looked at the Telegram app and up popped an alert " Conor has just joined Telegram!".

On his death anniversary this is deeply meaningful...but my dream also played out. The app alerts you when someone who's number you've saved joins. In this case our brothers number is attached on telegram to a profile of a female stranger. I deduced that after several years dormant his number was simply recycled to end up on someone else's phone. And was activated on Telegram at least on his anniversary.

Dream precognition and seeming after death communication in one go. Bargain.

Last edited:

gattino

Justified & Ancient
Well now it gets weirder. I don't know if it's part of a new scam, or a genuine misdirected message, but this from a complete stranger( that's a burmese prefix) just popped up on my WhatsApp....the thematic link to mixed up phones and numbers is hard to ignore.
Screenshot_20220516-124351__01.jpg

Mythopoeika

I am a meat popsicle
Inside a starship, watching puny humans from afar
Possible scam.

AManHasNoName

Fresh Blood
Yeah, I'd say scam too. A month ago I had a very similar WhatsApp message supposedly from a very attractive asian lass asking if I was Jim (no). So I ignored. I know a Jim but not seen him for years and, sadly, rarely give out my phone number to beautiful girls 20 years my junior.

Erinaceus

Ephemeral Spectre
I rarely recall anything of my dreams and have even wondered whether I do dream but I woke this morning, apparently in the middle of a dream, either thinking or hearing 'the television is on fire!'
I was a bit unsettled and went downstairs to get my coffee and make sure everything was all right and ,of course, it was. I'm hoping I didn't dream the future though.

charliebrown

Justified & Ancient
My dreams are so bizarre, if they were true, I feel sorry for the world.

Yoda : the future Obi Won can not be seen with your Anakin.

sudi5

Food spelled backwards is Doof
I rarely recall anything of my dreams and have even wondered whether I do dream but I woke this morning, apparently in the middle of a dream, either thinking or hearing 'the television is on fire!'
I was a bit unsettled and went downstairs to get my coffee and make sure everything was all right and ,of course, it was. I'm hoping I didn't dream the future though.
Hoping this is not in your future... maybe get a new TV?