• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Predict The Future

A

Anonymous

I was living with my ex girlfriend. We were very close and happy etc. One night I dreamt that I was in an airport with my girlfriend at the time, her family were there, we were saying goodbye to someone and it was all a bit tearful. The odd thing about the dream was that I wasn't with my girlfriend any more, we were there together, but definately not an item.

8 months later my girlfriend and I broke up. A few months after that she asked me if I would come with her to Heathrow airport for company on the drive and to say goodbye to her sister who was going travelling. At the time I thought nothing of it, when we got there we waited in a restaurant for a while. A big sense of deja vu hit me...

http://www.forteantimes.com/happened/futuredreams.shtml

Link is dead. See post below for complete text.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps you were acting out what had happened in your dream, turning an ordinary trip to the airport into something to prove your dream was a premonition...

Dream Premonition

About 7 years ago, I was working for company X where I had a boss called Michael, and who was a right royal prick and made life very difficult for me. I didn't stay too long with that company, mainly because of him.

I started to work for company Y, a much larger organisation. I was reasonably happy there, although I occasionally clashed with one of the managers, called Craig.

Anyway, one night I had a dream in which I was in the office, and was told that Craig had resigned. After I woke up, I thought "if only", and went to work. Before lunch time, I was told that Craig had indeed resigned to go and work in New Caledonia. :confused:

Well, I laughed it off as coincidence. Exactly two days later, I had another dream. This time, I was again in the office and learned that Michael, my previous boss, had been appointed to Craig's position. Well, that day I went to the office feeling somewhat nervous. Just about at 10.30am, I saw Michael walking into the General Manager's office, all dressed up, CV in hand, obviously there for a job interview! :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!:

I rang some friends at company X, and they confirmed that Michael had indeed been sacked the previous week - apparently his management style had caused severe problems.

Well, I wasn't going to be chased out of another company by this man, so I wrote an e-mail to the General Manager outlining my previous experience with Michael and also included testimony from former co-workers at company X.

Whether or not this was considered I was never told, but Michael didn't get the job at company Y, despite having at least one "backer" at Y.

A week later, I had another dream: This time, the Sales Manager, whom I liked and got along with very well, resigned. Nothing happened for a couple of months, then she got a demotion and resigned a few weeks later.

I never had dreams like that before, or since. I scared me witless for a while, I can tell you that. Of course it could be coincidence, but somehow it just was all too spot on. Make of it what you will.

dreams

I can't beat those sets of dreams, but my one this week was spot on. I work in surgery. I dreamt Friday morning about opening for a case in a very small room that had curtains- more like a room in a house. And one of my charge nurses was "helping' me, but really just getting in my way and I couldn't ask her to leave. ---Later that day at work, I had to help set up a case in an Intensive Care Unit, a rare event, I have now done 2X in the last seven years. ICU rooms are very small, and have curtains and some homey touches. The ICU nurse for this patient was getting in the way and not listening to the OR staff or surgeon, and we could not ask her to leave. This unusual procedure was planned as a follow up to a surgery the night before, as a less intrusive way to check for complications, done by a surgeon I often work with, and with whom I have a good rapport. I think the dream may have come while the plans were being made. Not that it means anything, but it was a bit odd.

Dreaming of the future!

I have also had occasions where I have dreamed of the future. For some reason it involves clocks. I know what the time is before I look at it and I know what somone is going to say.

I looked at the clock in the office yesterday at work, it was 1205 the Boss said she was going into town and would be back latter and if anyone wanted her they would get her on her new mobile.
She had only had it a week and I didn't have the number, so she starts to read it out to me.

The strange thing was, she stopped before the last 4 numbers as I was repeating it back to her before she said it, and I finished the number correctly.

Talk about being on the same wave length, we're not even on the same Network!

déja-vu

déja-vu is interesting, but there is a theory that sometimes events happen and we suddenly feel like its happened before, but in truth we are nothing more than a load of chemicals and minerals whizzing around under the influence of electrical impulses so it's understandable mistakes will happen.
The actual event goes straight into the memory bank and the person thinks that they remember it.
A feeling of elation is experienced and they suddenly think it's happened before....
what do you think?

Doctor Doom
:blah:

No deja vu

What we are talking about, and what I have experienced, was NOT deja vu.

I have never experienced deja vu, so I can't give an opinion on it.

But I had three quite straight forward dreams that came true later. I don't know what might have caused it - I am as puzzled by it now as I was then.

All I can say is, it happened, make of it what you will. But deja vu it was not.

Looking for some help or explanation about dreaming.. I don't know what to call it really... maybe the future?

Until recently I was reluctant to believe my experiences were anything but coincidence. Lately I have been unable to deny the similarities, though.

I have been having dreams that are uncanny in their accuracy about events that have occurred.

Here are my 3 most recent examples (all within this past month)

The first is probably the least bizarre. I had a dream that a friend of mine slipped on my icy front porch and bent his ankle underneath him, breaking it. The next day I found out that in the night at 4am (the night I had my dream) he slipped on ice and broke his ankle. The way he exampled his fall was, remarkably, exactly how I had dreamed it.

The second is a little more disturbing. I had a dream that two men broke into my house and entered my basement to steal a specific item. The item I don't want to explain in this forum, but it is not something just anyone would have in their home. I remember the two men's faces very vividly and I remember getting a sick feeling in my stomach when I saw them. I chased after them and wanted to hurt them, but they were gone before I could do anything. The dream woke me in the middle of the night and I couldn't get back to sleep. I had never met either of these men before. Two days later I met one of the men from my dream. I was terrified by this but he was a mutual friend of many of my friends. Without revealing that I had never met the man, I did explain to many people about my dream. Everyone I spoke to assured me he was the nicest person I could ever meet. I had that same sick feeling in my stomach every time I thought about speaking to him, but I never said a word to him about it. Anything I could think of saying I figured would just make me sound crazy. A few days later he was at another of his friend's house. Two men broke into the home in order to, coincidentally, steal the same item that was in my dream... which was located in their basement. They started beating a woman that was there, when the man from my dream got up to help her. One of the attackers shot the man and he was killed. I still have yet to meet the other man from my dream.

The third I am not sure was really even a dream. My boyfriend and I were on an icy country road when I felt a strong feeling of deja vu. I realized, somehow, that we were about to have an accident. I wasnt wearing my seatbelt but I first braced myself for the impact. As I was about to say something about my feeling, we hit patch of ice and slid into the woods, into a tree. For the next two hours until i fell asleep I couldn't shake the feeling of deja vu. Apparently, judging by the broken glass where my head impacted into the windshield, things could have been a lot worse... I'm not sure if bracing myself did anything to help save me but I do feel like it gave me extra warning time.

These events seem uncanny to me and I cannot shake the feeling that there is something accurate about my dreams. I am not religious and I don't really know about a spiritual world, I just know what has happened to me... and I'm hoping for a nudge in the right direction in understanding these phenomena.

You seem to have a rare gift or perhaps a curse, sinse it's unlikely you would be able to do anything to stop the dreams coming true.

how is it that many unrelated people from all walks of life report dreaming or knowing things before they happen? If dreams are only a function of brain activity, how can they be accurately precognitive. Our model of time must be incorrect, our understanding of the mind is most definitely incorrect. It is only an independent ( of the brain ) mind that is able to astrally project and look back on itself. For those of humanity lucky enough to have this happen to them, the objective reality of it is not in doubt. A whole new horizon of possibilities and potentials open up. We are, like it or not, immortal beings of mind who seem to have forgotten this fact. Mind is the hidden animating force at work in all that we see, thoughts and ideas are products of Mind - they just seem to be products of brain function. Mind is a vast ocean that flows through our brains not a series of electric impulses. The thought creates the electrical impulse not vice versa.
Sorry if that seem strident or overly dogmatic but it is what it is.

Does anyone remember a book review in the FT a few months back which, IIRC, put forward the idea that 'mind' is split into two, and that precognitive dreams can be understood if we understand our daily life as the experience of the 'lower' mind. The experience of the 'upper' mind is that it is watching the 'lower' mind go through its stuff, but from the point of death (the idea that your life flashes before your eyes as you pop your clogs). Precognition is explained as knowledge from the 'upper' mind leaking into the 'lower' mind. Or something like that... and no, I didn't understand it very well either. As you can probably tell!

Sounds like the sort of thing Stan Gooch has written about. I've never actually read any of his books , but I can remember his book on neanderthals being reviewed in FT recently.
Not 100% sure though.

This is probably just coincidence, but I found it interesting.

Last night I dreamed that there was a load of old junk in my flat, domestic stuff and big agricutural tools(!), etc. I thought "This stuff should be outside in the shed". When I moved some of it I realised a toilet cistern had been removed from the wall - this was actually my bathroom! When I moved an old ironing board there was a hole in the floor where the toilet had been removed!

Now this is all stuff from my subconscious churning around: in a week or two my bathroom is to be given a makeover, including a new floor and all new bathroom equipment. As for the outside shed, the key I was given when I moved here didn't fit, and I had no use for the shed anyway. But recently a neighbour told me my shed door was open, and I mentioned this story to the new warden who was nearby - she said she'd get the lock changed.

And today, just hours after my dream, a workman turned to change the lock!

Further to a discussion in another dream thread, a few participants agreed it would be worthwhile starting a thread for people to share dreams which may contain elements of prediction or precognition.

If subsequent news reports appear to corroborate details from the dream, we would then have documented evidence that, just possibly, something Fortean may have occurred!

So please, share any particularly vivid, detailed or curiously-prophetic feeling dreams with us here, together with any follow-up news stories where there appears to be synchronicity, and let's see what happens!

If I may be permitted, I'll get things going by reprising a couple of mine...

I already posted this several months ago and, so far it hasn't come true, but who knows?

I sometimes fall asleep listening to the radio and this means that news, chat and music will be fed into my sleeping brain. One morning I woke up with the distinct impression I had heard a news report during the night about an Italian astronaut on the International Space Station having run amok, causing significant damage and having to be restrained. Having a great interest in all things to do with space and being sure that it had happened, I switched on the TV in the anticipation of getting the full details over breakfast. No such story was reported. I scanned the online news servers, but again nothing. I don't even know if there are any Italian astronauts up there. Will keep an eye on this one.

Incredibly vivid dream two nights' ago, much of which I can still recall in great detail. I was on the 2nd storey of a multi-floor car-park, somewhere hot. I got the feeling it was continental Europe. The car-park was in the vicinity of some archaeological ruins - I can recall remnants of an old city wall and terracotta coloured roof tiles. Suddenly, there was a roaring noise. Some people almost ran into me and I yelled at them "Earthquake! Get out of here. Get into the street."
People were running down the exit ramp, which suddenly slewed and then collapsed to the right. I saw people in front of me get crushed. Don't know if the dream me got out, because I woke up at that point, with my heart hammering.

I'm obviously aware there was a significant earthquake in Italy only a few weeks ago, but this dream didn't seem to resonate with that. The fact that I spoke English in the dream suggests it could have been somewhere with a large ex-pat community.

So, if you see a news report of a major earthquake, with a collapsed multi-storey car-park near some historic site, with some ex-pat British casualties, then remember you read it here first!

When I was a teenager, I had a curiously vivid dream, which was unusual. Unusual because I very rarely remember any dreams.
In the dream, it was like a TV news feature, showing an old prophet being walled up alive inside a chamber in a desert location (like the Valley of the Kings). The purpose of this would be for him to come forth with a prophecy after communing with 'the spirits'.
The next sequence in the news showed the emaciated old man being liberated from the chamber days later and shakily telling the world of his revelations.
As he is telling the world, a gigantic nuclear blast goes off in the distance behind him.

That's it.

A year or so ago I dreamed that some bloke was driving me slowly across a field in a big American car, heading for a gap in the hedge.

A young woman was walking in front of us carrying a bucket, walking backwards and scattering something from it, like seeds or animal feed.

She backed towards the car I was in and the driver didn't stop or sound the horn; he carried on so that she stumbled against the front of the car. I turned to him, aghast that he'd do such a thing.

Next day, a poster on another message board described how her daughter had nearly been run over at work. She was walking backwards on a petrol station forecourt doing some job when a car had come up behind her, slowly and quietly, and knocked her off her feet.

As the other poster is American and I'm British, the dream and actual incident would have happened around the same time. Weird, eh.

Further to a discussion in another dream thread, a few participants agreed it would be worthwhile starting a thread for people to share dreams which may contain elements of prediction or precognition.

If subsequent news reports appear to corroborate details from the dream, we would then have documented evidence that, just possibly, something Fortean may have occurred!

So please, share any particularly vivid, detailed or curiously-prophetic feeling dreams with us here, together with any follow-up news stories where there appears to be synchronicity, and let's see what happens!

If I may be permitted, I'll get things going by reprising a couple of mine...

I've had several prophetic / premonition dreams during my life and they seem to feel 'different' to usual crazy dreams and I am sometimes haunted by them for days or weeks after. They usually involve an event that is impacting on the consciousness of many people, nationally or internationally. I also get the sense of being an observer, often distraught but being unable to intervene.

I can't say if it's simply coincidence but I did have one in May 2001 that involved an aircraft hitting a skyscraper building and I could sense/see people falling down and through inside. I was aghast in my dream and also felt it was very wrong that so many other people were watching this, although I didn't know how they were also witnessing what I was seeing.

The next day, in my lunch hour at work I broke down in tears with a colleague as this dream was haunting me. As it was working in the charity/NGO sector in the area of mental health they were sympathetic and kind. It took about 2 weeks before I stopped feeling so upset.

Part of me also attempts to rationalise it as there are at least 7 billion dreamers every day so sometimes 1 in 7,000,000,000 dreams is likely to be related to possible events about to happen.

Forgot to add my latest resonant dream!

An amusement/theme park with all the biggest fear rides and rollercoasters. There is a ride that is like a vertical elevator tower with people sitting in seats on the outside. Someone yells in Arabic (don't ask me how I knew) and literally starts throwing explosives around amongst all the people. Nasty.

I posted this on the other thread, but I'll re-post it here:

For fun, I'd like to share two supposedly prophetic dreams two other friends/co-workers have shared with me. We'll see if they turn out to be true.

The Algebra teacher's son had a dream about President Trump (it's scary enough already) giving a speech complaining that he couldn't accomplish any of his promises, because congress wouldn't let him (if we are unfortunate enough to have a President Trump, let's hope this part is at least).

The long term sub has told us that he had a dream about him and group of men looking down the mesa, observing military men training in formation. For what it's worth, he believes the dream is already beginning to come true, because while he didn't recognize any of the men with him at the time, he says he recognized me as one when we met.

About a year ago I had a vivid dream that a petrol station near where I then lived was on fire. I had a cinematic-style dual perspective whereby I saw the roaring fire as if from across the street and then from the skyline as a fireball rose into the night's sky.

It made such an impression on me that I described it to wife and friends the following day and we still joke when we drive past that it's still there.

If this comes to pass, I think I will be a little frightened, but now it's recorded here as well as witnessed by my family.

Great stuff guys! Keep 'em coming and, please no retrospective editing of your accounts to try to knock them into shape to fit subsequent events. Let's keep this little experiment as scientific as possible and see if one of us forumists is a budding Nostradamus.

escargot i think your post is for the other thread ?

If most of these dreams are correct, the world's gonna explode.
Yeah. Watch out for a wizened old man being walled up or buried alive.

Great stuff guys! Keep 'em coming and, please no retrospective editing of your accounts to try to knock them into shape to fit subsequent events. Let's keep this little experiment as scientific as possible and see if one of us forumists is a budding Nostradamus.
I had a nap today and dreamed that my Mum had given me two 'things' in silver foil, about the size of the new five pound note and just as thin. I opened one sitting on a park bench in some city and it was an honest to god touch screen computer that came with a little beige coloured pen .. the thing was so thin you could fold it in half like thin plastic and still not damage it ..

I was so impressed with it in my dream that I showed it to some old woman sitting next to me after my screen display suddenly appeared in real time on a large digital billboard near to us. I remember joking (inappropriately) with her "It's a good job I wasn't looking at porn!" and she laughed ...

With any luck this was a premonition dream, disposable touch screens P.C.'s that I felt cost only a pound each .. you'd love one ..

I had a nap today and dreamed that my Mum had given me two 'things' in silver foil, about the size of the new five pound note and just as thin. I opened one sitting on a park bench in some city and it was an honest to god touch screen computer that came with a little beige coloured pen .. the thing was so thin you could fold it in half like thin plastic and still not damage it ..

I was so impressed with it in my dream that I showed it to some old woman sitting next to me after my screen display suddenly appeared in real time on a large digital billboard near to us. I remember joking (inappropriately) with her "It's a good job I wasn't looking at porn!" and she laughed ...

With any luck this was a premonition dream, disposable touch screens P.C.'s that I felt cost only a pound each .. you'd love one ..
Oh, that would be nice if it became available. Foldable screens are a real thing...just not publicly available yet.

Had one of those disturbing ones last night that sticks with you long after. A small / localised explosion (looked like a small mushroom type cloud - possibly nuclear or dirty bomb?) in a town / city - location name began with San (as in San Bernadino etc), felt like it could be California but not clear. Definitely sunny and close to the ocean.

I also dreamt of being told that reality is false (hollow was a word that came up a lot) and that there's just empty space between everything. The example given was you can travel anywhere you can think of instantly as all journeys only take one second, whether you're going to Australia or Mars.

For full disclosure, I did eat a quantity of cheese before going to bed last night. And some Liquorice Allsorts...

Back