• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Predict The Future

Last night I dreamt there was a huge media controversy because a new comedy drama was accused of joking about Jo Cox's murder. I can't remember what the joke was supposed to have been but the writer said it was a misunderstanding.

I wish I'd discovered this a few weeks ago when I dreamt a polar bear escaped from a zoo and had to be shot. It was a couple of days before those animals did escape.

In January 1986, two weeks before the Challenger space shuttle disaster: I vividly dreamt of the occurrence and recorded it in a dream diary that I was keeping at the time. Then, when the tragic moment actually happened and was reported on TV, I hardly batted an eyelid. I just thought something to myself at the time like: oh, that’s the thing I dreamed about the other night, as if it was somehow not at all extraordinary

It actually took me several months to fully assimilate the experience and consider the implications that a dream really did show me an event that hadn’t happened yet. The dream itself was very strange, (but dreams rarely aren’t anything but that, I know). I don’t need to convince anyone that this happened- I know it did and I’m sure that my memory of the events didn’t distort them. I can also transcribe my words from the diary entry here, if anyone’s interested. But I found my self asking: this dreaming of an event in the future happened, but what use could it be? I mean: though the dream did tell me that it was the space shuttle that I was seeing, I barely understood it, and didn’t wake in the morning thinking I had to do something about it. I couldn’t have prevented the shuttle explosion and the affair had absolutely no relevance to me that I can see. I wasn’t even slightly interested in space flight, shuttles, or NASA, etc.

I'd love to see that diary entry.
A sceptic would argue thus:
* Everyone dreams.
*Most people dream something every night.
*We forget most of our dreams, only remembering those that strike us as significant in some way.
*Disasters and tragedies are staple subject matter for dreams.
*By the law of averages every now and then somebody somewhere will dream about something that later takes place.
*Those are the dreams which will be remembered. The countless others we have will be forgotten.

Thus Arthur Chudsforth from Crapton-on-Tweed has a dream one night about Noel Edmonds on a carousel, wearing lederhosen and singing `99 Red Balloons` while eating marshmallows. He forgets this dream. The following night Mr Chudsforth dreams that there is an explosion in a chocolate factory and some people drown in chocolate but
Gerry Halliwell manages to save some people. A few days later he reads in the Daily Globe that there has been an explosion at a chocolate factory in Madagascar with some fatalities. He then remembers his last dream (forgetting the bit about Halliwell). He thinks: `Blimey I'm psychic! Wait till Doreen hears this`.

My own `premonitory dream `(I think everyone has at least one) involved seeing John Major signing his autobiography in a shopping mall in Leicester. This confused me (in the dream) because he was the Prime Minister at the time. Then a few days later the shock news appeared that he had resigned as leader in order that others could challenge him for the leadership (circa 1993).

If someone dreams about a fatal car crash and they think it might be a premonition, they ignore the countless fatal car crashes that happen everyday, because most crashes don’t make the news.

It seems it is only a real premonition, if it involves a celebrity or is popular newsworthy.

I'd love to see that diary entry.
A sceptic would argue thus:
* Everyone dreams.
*Most people dream something every night.
*We forget most of our dreams, only remembering those that strike us as significant in some way.
*Disasters and tragedies are staple subject matter for dreams.
*By the law of averages every now and then somebody somewhere will dream about something that later takes place.
*Those are the dreams which will be remembered. The countless others we have will be forgotten.

Thus Arthur Chudsforth from Crapton-on-Tweed has a dream one night about Noel Edmonds on a carousel, wearing lederhosen and singing `99 Red Balloons` while eating marshmallows. He forgets this dream. The following night Mr Chudsforth dreams that there is an explosion in a chocolate factory and some people drown in chocolate but
Gerry Halliwell manages to save some people. A few days later he reads in the Daily Globe that there has been an explosion at a chocolate factory in Madagascar with some fatalities. He then remembers his last dream (forgetting the bit about Halliwell). He thinks: `Blimey I'm psychic! Wait till Doreen hears this`.

My own `premonitory dream `(I think everyone has at least one) involved seeing John Major signing his autobiography in a shopping mall in Leicester. This confused me (in the dream) because he was the Prime Minister at the time. Then a few days later the shock news appeared that he had resigned as leader in order that others could challenge him for the leadership (circa 1993).

Thanks Zeke.
I was 23 years old. It was 18 days before the Challenger disaster occurred, (on 28th January 1986). Here's what I wrote, (make of it what you will...):

I am in the sky. All around me is the brilliant bright blue atmosphere. I can't see the ground, but it never occurs to me that it isn't there, somewhere below. I am not flying along in an aircraft, but rather floating, or almost still, in mid air. I'm not aware of my body at all, but I can see and move at will in all directions. Around me is just the vast expanse of blue and distant clouds are visible in the depth of a haze.
Suddenly, a great missile passes by me, going upward at a slight angle. It has a huge streaming white exhaust trail and actually resembles a cluster of a few missiles fixed together. A bit like one big fat rocket with slimmer boosters around its body.
My instant first reaction is one of enormous dread, with the thought that this is a nuclear weapon that has been fired, shortly to be detonated. I am about to see an atomic explosion!
But in another moment, I was aware that this is not anything like that. A thought, or a voice may have spoken to me, saying: this is the space shuttle. I relaxed again and kept watching as it climbed.
Then: without warning a massive explosion ripped the craft apart. A huge cloud of fire erupted from the largest part of the ensemble. Two of the slimmer rockets fell away from the mass at wide angles, streaming trails of white into the sky. With burning debris raining down, the cloudy trail formed into an enormous y-shape, like a bent-over horned thing, which hung in the air for a while.
I observed all this, aware of the tragic implications. The crew have certainly perished.

I forgot to mention:
The distinct shape that the real explosion formed when it happened two weeks later was exactly what I saw in the dream.

Ok this a frustratingly vague one. Where I know I had a detailed dream, but only recalled doing so later in the morning when all details had already been lost. I can only retrieve snippets of fact about it. But all I know is it involved me predicting the future....

To clarify I know the plot of the dream involved me telling people what i thought might happen "tomorrow" based on, well, presumably a dream! Or perhaps it was based on reading the symbolism of some waking incident. All I know is that I was telling people I thought a plane was going to crash tomorrow..and the imagery on which i had based my predictions was of lots of people lying down on the ground. At least that's all i can recall of it now. I think but cannot swear I was suggesting to whoever that this speculative coming plane crash involved south korea. Again i'm left with snippets of fleeting recollection and can't add any more flesh to the bones than that.

I had one brush with prophetic dreams back in December 1980. I had a dream that John Lennon was shot and killed. The next morning, I awoke to discover the dream had sadly come true. I say it was prophetic but, as far as I can determine, I was having my dream at approximately the same time the event occurred. So, it was almost like remote viewing.

I have never had a recurrence of such a dream. More than once, it seems the superspectrum gives me one glimpse and then moves on to the next guy. I think I'm OK with that. In this case, I was distressed by the dream and then doubly distressed when the event actually come true. I'll gladly leave that whole clairvoyance thing to someone else.

I had one brush with prophetic dreams back in December 1980. I had a dream that John Lennon was shot and killed. The next morning, I awoke to discover the dream had sadly come true. I say it was prophetic but, as far as I can determine, I was having my dream at approximately the same time the event occurred. So, it was almost like remote viewing.

I have never had a recurrence of such a dream. More than once, it seems the superspectrum gives me one glimpse and then moves on to the next guy. I think I'm OK with that. In this case, I was distressed by the dream and then doubly distressed when the event actually come true. I'll gladly leave that whole clairvoyance thing to someone else.

Interesting that you just had the one, single occurrence of this type of dream. Because it was exactly the same for me as far as i’m aware.

Last night I had a dream where I kept hearing the words "Will we ever find out who killed President Trump?!" :dunno:

Not prophetic exactly, but yesterday morning I awoke from a dream in which I heard the expression 'Froxmer Street'. All day I had the term on my mind.

I knew it was a place in Manchester from where the moors murderers abducted their first victim. (I mentioned this on the 'Dreams' thread yesterday.)

Anyway... today is the anniversary of that abduction. Not yesterday, but still a bit spooky. I didn't know that until this afternoon.

This is going to provoke questions to which i do not currently have the answers and may not be in a position to provide them if I ever do. I can only report what I know right now and its apparent relationship to a dream i reported weeks before.

Short version. A Swiss Arab friend has been in London two weeks and his facebook statuses the last few days have alluded to some trauma all his friends seem to know about and to being back home with his family now. This morning his status gives more explicit details...if I've understood it correctly he seems to have been kidnapped or abducted!

My last online conversation with him was one month ago on 15 July. In it I told him I'd had a dream of him. He'd invited me on some euro break. We're in a grand hotel. "During the confusion I lose sight of you.. In the next scene it seems you're a bit of a psycho..you've kidnapped a woman and won't let her go. In an obsessed stalker kind of way. She tries to trick you by pretending to go along with it while waiting for a chance to escape or call me."

This isn't a prophetic dream as such but is linked to a time of my life where I was inhaling heroic amounts of Nitrous Oxide as part of my "psychonaut" phase.

I remember clearly several incidents where I would "pop" into another reality, very real, very lucid and totally convincing.

On one occasion I suddenly found myself in a taxi queue in London. It was nighttime and I was surrounded by a group of young black men (I'm a white guy) who were arguing about a drug deal. One guy was particularly angry with another lad and I watched in horror as he pulled out a knife and stabbed the other boy in the neck. I was watching this but was not able to intervene in any way but I clearly saw the murder and clearly saw the assailant as well as the victim.

I also saw an Asian taxi driver leap out of his car and help the guy on the floor while the group ran off.

I was deeply shocked and was even more horrified when I read and saw that this event had taken place, exactly as I'd seen it at that very time.

It makes little sense that we can see and experience this but cannot interfere.

The one time where I did interact with another person on one of these journeys was when I found myself in a flat in Glasgow with a group of young heroin users. They were all sat around nodding after using when I popped into the room. One young guy opened his eyes and "saw" me. He started shaking his mate awake shouting he'd seen a ghost...too weird.

you mean you actually saw the knife crime case reported in contemporary news ?

Yep. Saw it. Then saw the perpetrator, on London news, a few days later. Got in touch with Police at the time. Just incriminating myself. They kept asking why I knew about it.

Yep. Saw it. Then saw the perpetrator, on London news, a few days later. Got in touch with Police at the time. Just incriminating myself. They kept asking why I knew about it.
Always, always do it anonymously.

It's very hard trying to explain to a police officer that, whilst inhaling a known hallucinogen, one witnessed a horrific murder...about 80 miles from where you were and whilst "under the influence"

Doesn't mean I wasn't witnessing it...I clearly was, but not with my physical eyes.

We are capable of sooooo much more than we know. I used to astral travel all the time with Nitrous. I used to freak people out by telling them about conversations they'd had with others...conversations I had SEEN in real time but miles away.

What would happen is this: as you breathe in the gas you start to drop down the scale, slowly, breathing, relaxing until POP you would find yourself looking at the world through a tiny hole...in that state you can travel, anywhere, but only in the now. No seeing the future or past...just now.

In that state I saw any things, always linked in some way to me or people I knew...but it was real. So real that I had to stop. I was too immature to deal with knowing. I'd rather not worry about it.

I had a very brief dream in which a actor from a favorite show, now dead (actor & show, both) told me "You have two years." This was last February, so if the dream image was reporting truthfully, I've got ~1.5 years.

All other details missing because there are none.

I had a very brief dream in which a actor from a favorite show, now dead (actor & show, both) told me "You have two years." This was last February, so if the dream image was reporting truthfully, I've got ~1.5 years.

All other details missing because there are none.

Who was the actor and which show was it? This might be relevant.

Like, if I personally were to dream of, say, Daisy Duke telling me I don't have long I'd be wondering if it was a message from my subconscious telling me I should be driving more carefully.

Not prophetic exactly, but yesterday morning I awoke from a dream in which I heard the expression 'Froxmer Street'. All day I had the term on my mind.

I knew it was a place in Manchester from where the moors murderers abducted their first victim. (I mentioned this on the 'Dreams' thread yesterday.)

Anyway... today is the anniversary of that abduction. Not yesterday, but still a bit spooky. I didn't know that until this afternoon.

On the day I posted the above there was a little coincidence. I meant to post about it but wan't sure where to put it and was too tired after work to explain everything again.

Anyway, on that day, when I had the expression 'Froxmer Street' on my mind, which was the anniversary of a murder that originated on that street, I chatted with a colleague and he mentioned his last job.

He'd been a warehouse operative on the Froxmer Street Industrial Estate, built on the site of the long-demolished houses...

It's like the Universe is trying to tell me something.

Last night I dreamt it was announced that Helen Shapiro had Alzheimer's disease. I hope that one doesn't come true.

Who was the actor and which show was it? This might be relevant.

Like, if I personally were to dream of, say, Daisy Duke telling me I don't have long I'd be wondering if it was a message from my subconscious telling me I should be driving more carefully.

It was the late Jerry Doyle, who himself died just after reaching 66. He played Security Chief Michael Garibaldi on a favorite old science fiction show in the 90's. You know how it's normal now for a show to have a whole story arch that it pursues, instead of just a bunch of episodes tied together by the characters but not really forming a coherent thread? That started with Babylon 5.

The character is noted for his frequently calm, serious, deadpan delivery.

The dream image did not look like the man when he died. He looked thinner, and a tad leathery, as if he'd been dead for a while himself (which in the RW he had).

It was the late Jerry Doyle, who himself died just after reaching 66. He played Security Chief Michael Garibaldi on a favorite old science fiction show in the 90's. You know how it's normal now for a show to have a whole story arch that it pursues, instead of just a bunch of episodes tied together by the characters but not really forming a coherent thread? That started with Babylon 5.

The character is noted for his frequently calm, serious, deadpan delivery.

The dream image did not look like the man when he died. He looked thinner, and a tad leathery, as if he'd been dead for a while himself (which in the RW he had).

Soo...

*addressing Fuzzy who is reclining on couch* Vat does zis tell you about YOURSELF, hmmmm?

Last edited:
1989. I had a very distinct dream of seeing a newspaper spinning (as they do in t.v shows & movies), stopping on the daily headline stating Lucille Ball was dead.
Two days later, she was.
On Tuesday night of this week, I dreamed that the young waitress in the cafe my wife and I ate breakfast in that morning died in a car accident. I certainly hope this doesn't come true.

God, I loved Babylon 5.

Maybe the Shadows are coming?

I know. I've been watching when I could. It's dated well, I think.

Great character development in several characters. Very three-dimensional, real, heroic and flawed persons portrayed.

BTW: The dream cited has little chance to say anything about me, for the following reason: It occurred when I dozed for a minute in the early morning, utterly without context. The described statement, made by the described person, constitutes the entirety of the dream.

If I'm dead in February 2020, I'll be sure to log in & tell you!

I once had a dream that Johnny Cash had died, I had friends who were big fans and I remember it worried them at the time. I can't remember whether the news broke that day or the day after but it ended up being June Carter who died. Suffice to say that a bit of Johnny died that day, so my dream wasn't completely off the mark.

I concur about Babylon 5! The remake of BSG (which was also brilliant) has a lot to thank it for, I think! My young teenage self would have certainly been happy to receive a message from Marcus Cole, even if it had been a death knell. Probably less so Garibaldi!

Last edited:
Back