• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Predict The Future

I concur about Babylon 5! The remake of BSG (which was also brilliant) has a lot to thank it for, I think!
Good point that.

My young teenage self would have certainly been happy to receive a message from Marcus Cole, even if it had been a death knell. Probably less so Garibaldi!
I would have happily worshipped Delenn at the time and my heart bled for Lennier's noble if unrequited love.

The link in post #1 is long dead. Here's the complete text, salvaged from the Wayback Machine ...

-------------------------------------------

Dreams of the future

Ralph Lucas
Newbury UK (for my sins)

I was living with my ex girlfriend. We were very close and happy etc. One night I dreamt that I was in an airport with my girlfriend at the time, her family were there, we were saying goodbye to someone and it was all a bit tearful. The odd thing about the dream was that I wasn't with my girlfriend any more, we were there together, but definately not an item.

8 months later my girlfriend and I broke up. A few months after that she asked me if I would come with her to Heathrow airport for company on the drive and to say goodbye to her sister who was going travelling. At the time I thought nothing of it, when we got there we waited in a restaurant for a while. A big sense of deja vu hit me, which I normally would have ignored. I felt strongly like I had been there before doing exactly the same things as I was at the time. I remembered my dream and asked my ex if she rembered me telling her (thinking I might have dreamt having the dream... if that makes sense). She did and was quite suprised by it as I had told her about the dream in quite alot of details and she could draw paralells between what I had told her of the dream (nearly a year previously) and what was happening at the airport.

Work that one out...

Had it already happened and I was dreaming real time? Is everything predestined? Are some things predestined?

I've been trying to dream of lottery numbers ever since.

--------------------------------------------

SALVAGED FROM: https://web.archive.org/web/2006051...rteantimes.com:80/happened/futuredreams.shtml

I very rarely remember my dreams, but I was awoken by my wife stirring at about 0500 today with the following in my mind:

I was the invisible observer of a scene. A railway track with an oncoming train on it stretched off into the distance. Human figures were lying on the tracks, some lengthwise, some at right angles to the tracks. I seem to remember that they were naked or lightly clothed. I believe that there were woods on the far side of the tracks.

In the foreground, a burly white police officer was trying to persuade a civilian to help him to rescue the people from the onrushing train. His uniform, and the look of the train, suggested the USA to me.

The train killed or maimed two or three people before the officer could enlist the man's help. They then tried to drag one potential victim from the track, but the loco struck the supine man before they could accomplish the rescue. My last view was of the engine dragging the three people down the track away from me, leaving a wide streak of blood behind it.

I'm not interested in trains, and I don't recall any specific recent stimulus that might have put such a scene into my head.

maximus otter

This is a left-field suggestion but before dreaming about this, had you by any chance been reading about any ethical-logical conundrums? Your dream sounds a bit like the train/trolley thought experiment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

I find that some things I've seen/read/heard translate very vividly into dreamscapes; for example a computer game set in a twilight forest, all very cute and with Arthurian themes somehow translated to a dream of being in a wooded area so dark I could not see past a few feet and being aware of leaping deer as they passed me by.

This is a left-field suggestion but before dreaming about this, had you by any chance been reading about any ethical-logical conundrums? Your dream sounds a bit like the train/trolley thought experiment. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trolley_problem

I find that some things I've seen/read/heard translate very vividly into dreamscapes; for example a computer game set in a twilight forest, all very cute and with Arthurian themes somehow translated to a dream of being in a wooded area so dark I could not see past a few feet and being aware of leaping deer as they passed me by.

No, that’s the first l’ve ever heard about that problem.

maximus otter

When I was pregnant with my second daughter I dreamt that I was giving birth.
Then the nurse said " Here is your third daughter" and 8 years later I did have a third daughter.
Also before she even became pregnant I dreamt that she and her husband were walking along holding the hands of a little boy with longish blonde hair and that is what they have.

I had a very brief dream in which a actor from a favorite show, now dead (actor & show, both) told me "You have two years." This was last February, so if the dream image was reporting truthfully, I've got ~1.5 years.

All other details missing because there are none.

^^ Posted August 2018.

FuzzyLordLastSeen.png

"You have two years" to what? To become famous, to have your own television show, to discover the cure for cancer, to win the lottery?
Yes, even if the immediate assumption that "you have two years" to leave your mortal coils is correct, FuzzyLord still has two months at least to let us know what's going on.

FuzzyLord, since Krepostnoi is kind enough to be worried about you, please drop him a line if you can, and reassure him. :)

Thankfully I've never once dreamt/predicted an objective future news event so have no confidence in the following coming true.

However I've never, to my recollection, dreamt of harm befalling an identifiable public figure either so I feel obliged to at least note this one down here.

Around 5am UK time ( Thursday 22 Oct) I dreamed that the former democratic presidential candidate Pete Buttigieg had been killed.

The plot of the dream was little more than my frustrated search for news or political channels on YouTube that properly covered the news.

( In case it proves relevant at a later date the substantial difference from reality was that Buttigieg in the dream seems to have been a former star prosecutor rather than a mayor. Writing those words just now I wonder if he and it were just a dream substitution for Rudy Giuliani's Borat themed current embarrassment? )

Final addition covering all bases so I'm not throwing it in after any matching event , around 6.20 am , conscious and awake behind my closed eyes and going over the Buttigieg dream I perceived a hypnagogic flash-bang-black which inevitably made me think of an explosion or I guess it would equally cover a gunshot.

I'll note again I have no sense of foreboding that mr B will actually be assassinated. It's just better I write the dream down now than afterwards if something closely matching were to happen.

2/3 days before this I dreamt that we were going into a lift, I was going in first, and there was a hole in the floor. A child runs in and falls through the hole.
Saturday 18th Oct 2020 - we ended up by a river, this was unplanned and spur of the moment. I was a few feet ahead, on the other side of the river was a wall with a narrow ledge near the top. A man was sat on the ledge. I turn round to check on my son, as I did I heard a sound and looked back, the man had fallen off the wall onto the river bank.

A bit better one. 2/3 weeks ago I dreamt that my partner was going to work, and she was wearing a green top and skirt. Due to the corona virus her previous college course work experience had been cancelled, with little hope of a new one starting any time soon. Just today she gets notice that a company wants her to start. I look at the company website and it has a green logo. On the home page is a picture of a woman in a green shirt!!

On the second story
1) The job was arranged by the tutor. I had no prior knowledge of the position, nor did my partner.
2) Now we know where the office is we did drive past it on 2-3 occasions in the summer of 2019, when we checking out the area as we liked a flat there. However the office isn't obvious, it's above another business, which is 100% obvious.

Last edited:
Another one where it's hard to disentangle precognition from telepathy. First thing I see when I wake at 8 is a message from a friend in Baku ,Azerbaijan, which he'd sent at 6.30.

Was the dream between those times triggered by his thinking and sending the message while I dreamt, or by the upcoming experience of reading it?
Screenshot_20201027-082144~2.png

Thursday, this...

Screenshot_20201029-105630~2.png

Now this perplexed me. The friend in question had been picked almost randomly as the repository for that particular dream account..he hadn't actually appeared in the dream so I wasnt writing to tell him about it on the basis of thinking him significant to it.

And yet the connection seems pretty clear. The album cover in question depicts a large padlock around the shoulders of Houdini, while Kate Bush is slipping a small key to him on her tongue. Telepathy? Or was the friend focused on that image because HE had an unconscious precognition of receiving my message?

To boggle the mind somewhat further each of several people I told the above to responded with a brush with the Fortean they themselves had just had. Including, today, this ...

Screenshot_20201030-102537~2.png

Screenshot_20201030-102607~2.png

Yes, that's the self same album the first friend was referring to.

I'm definitely in the middle of an intense cluster of synchronicities and precogs. I wonder if it's atmospheric in nature, time of year kind of thing.

Put YouTube on the TV. Browsing and it's offering all kinds of suggestions of videos. And I see a 14 minute Mary Poppins "musical reunion" thing with Julie Andrews , Dick van Dyke and the film's songwriter sitting and chatting around the piano reminiscing about how each of the songs like Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious came about. So i put it on.

6 or 7 minutes in, it suddenly hits me...Im sure i dreamt of Dick Van Dyke last night. I retrieve the Audio recorder from under my pillow and listen back to myself describing how Dick Van Dyke is in the witness box and someone who looks like Laura Linney is part of a 3 person panel of judges. Laura is " studying stuff and she writes out this long long long sequence of words or letters. But she can only do it once, she can't repeat it".

Trivial but typical example of apparent dream precognition. Saw this on my Facebook wall yesterday ( Monday ) morning. Forwarded it to friend.

Last night I reviewed my dream voice recordings from the day before ( Sunday morning) and heard my half asleep self mumble :

"There's a gigantic squirrel or similar in the garden ...it's just..eventually it's a beaver..me and my dad look out the window...may not be a beaver, some kind of large....one of those Central American rat things.."

Great character development in several characters. Very three-dimensional, real, heroic and flawed persons portrayed.

BTW: The dream cited has little chance to say anything about me, for the following reason: It occurred when I dozed for a minute in the early morning, utterly without context. The described statement, made by the described person, constitutes the entirety of the dream.

If I'm dead in February 2020, I'll be sure to log in & tell you!

o_O

Here's an interesting one from last night (26th - 27th Nov 2020).
Roughly 8:00am on a day off from work. so I wanted to enjoy a lie-in. Bladder was just full enough to be uncomfortable but the rest of me simply didn't want to get out of bed. You know how it is. So the casting vote was my brain drifting off into sleep again, but the sort of light sleep that can be disturbed in a second. I remember being awoken in the night by hearing birds singing outside the house but thought - three in the morning? Birdsong? and was baffled. (something hypnogogic?)

Anyway, the early morning dream on 27/11. I was in a bus station somewhere. It wasn't Stockport, but might have been elsewhere in Greater Manchester; association was Bolton or Bury. It felt like Bury, visually: the view through the glass walls behind the bus shelter looked like Bury's metro/rail station, which places the location. .

In the dream I was one of two people who were in the company of a man with a gun. We weren't hostages exactly - I had the feeling the gunman regarded us as accomplices, or else as people who were not opposed to him. He was telling us exactly what he proposed to do in a few moments as if we were sympathetic to his motives - I get the feeling we were to be left alive to explain his reasons to the world.

The gunman was middle twenties, dressed in dark clothing, was white British, blonde-brown short-cut hair, dark glasses. He was leaning on a metal dividing barrier in the bus station, looked pretty relaxed, and the visible weapon was a large assault rifle he was holding to his front in the British military manner, the stock resting in the crook of his right arm and the barrel pointing slightly up.

He was explaining that he was going to make his point, when the next bus came in, by killing the driver and as many people aboard as he could. He knew this was a distasteful thing to do and he wished he didn't have to do it, but he had been forced to do this and there was really no alternative. (At this point, dream-me was weighing up "can I run for it?" against "This man is a dangerous loony. I seem to have his trust. Is there anything large and heavy I can clock him over the head with?")

Then a bus was coming in - it was in the purple-and-cream livery of First Buses, who are the dominant service provider in Bury as they are in all of North Manchester. The number on the front definitely ended in 7; might have been 57, 87 or 97.

End of dream. (Bladder re-asserted itself) - but I got a "prompt" in my head urgently saying "This will happen". So I leave this here, on the record.

Here's an interesting one from last night (26th - 27th Nov 2020).
Roughly 8:00am on a day off from work. so I wanted to enjoy a lie-in. Bladder was just full enough to be uncomfortable but the rest of me simply didn't want to get out of bed. You know how it is. So the casting vote was my brain drifting off into sleep again, but the sort of light sleep that can be disturbed in a second. I remember being awoken in the night by hearing birds singing outside the house but thought - three in the morning? Birdsong? and was baffled. (something hypnogogic?)
ah. Light dawns. We have a thriving robin population locally - I have a family of them that appear to have colonised our back garden...

https://www.newscientist.com/article/dn11714-urban-birds-sing-at-night-to-be-heard/

AgProv someone local has acquired a rooster and the darn thing starts crowing just after 3am when it's not nearly light.. That's when the wattlebirds begin their applepicker calls.

As i think ive said before, though i assert precognition is a normal part of dreaming, ive never predicted an event and those rare occasions when i have an omenous dream about a celebrity they've never come true. Nonetheless to avoid kicking myself later i feel compelled to record them here when i do.

Around 7am this morning (12/09/21) i dreamt i witnessed former US president Jimmy Carter keel over from a heart attack. (I cradled his head as an insensitive/cold hearted female news reporter stood nearby talking to camera.. i remonstrated with her)

Carter is in his 90s. There would be nothing unusual if he were to go any time soon. Or at least have a medical emergency. However me dreaming about him at all is unusual and i can think of no trigger for it. So report it i must. You know, just in case.

As i think ive said before, though i assert precognition is a normal part of dreaming, ive never predicted an event and those rare occasions when i have an omenous dream about a celebrity they've never come true. Nonetheless to avoid kicking myself later i feel compelled to record them here when i do.

Around 7am this morning (12/09/21) i dreamt i witnessed former US president Jimmy Carter keel over from a heart attack. (I cradled his head as an insensitive/cold hearted female news reporter stood nearby talking to camera.. i remonstrated with her)

Carter is in his 90s. There would be nothing unusual if he were to go any time soon. Or at least have a medical emergency. However me dreaming about him at all is unusual and i can think of no trigger for it. So report it i must. You know, just in case.
I completely see where you're coming from on that, having made a dream-based prediction about the sudden death of singer Tom Jones which happily seems less and less likely as time goes on. :chuckle:

Had one last week. I asked my dreams about my Partners next job. Dreamt that my partner was dressed in a business suit and smiling - the spoken part was
1) Going to London
2) See her first there
3) name is "Alf"

Two days later my partner applies for a job, gets an immediate interview.
1) In our context, "Going to London" would mean international travel - and the company is involved in that.
2) She applied to this company a while ago, but it wasn't the right time - however it was the first she applied to in their specific sector.
3) The interviewer has a non-English name that doesn't have a direct translation apparently - but does include the letters 'a l f'

She is offered, and accepts, the post!

Had one last week. I asked my dreams about my Partners next job. Dreamt that my partner was dressed in a business suit and smiling - the spoken part was
1) Going to London
2) See her first there
3) name is "Alf"

Two days later my partner applies for a job, gets an immediate interview.
1) In our context, "Going to London" would mean international travel - and the company is involved in that.
2) She applied to this company a while ago, but it wasn't the right time - however it was the first she applied to in their specific sector.
3) The interviewer has a non-English name that doesn't have a direct translation apparently - but does include the letters 'a l f'

She is offered, and accepts, the post!
Alison Moyet used to call herself 'Alf'.

Weds 13th October 2021:

Day off work, felt very tired this afternoon. Sat down on the sofa, put a blanket over myself, took advantage of being alone in the house and dozed off. In a semi-asleep state, not quite all the way there, I saw a scene where weak winter sunlight was reflecting off a still sea. This appeared to be a bay somewhere with a high steep cliff, possibly a mountainside, to my left, and lower hills stretching out a sort of natural promontory into the sea over to my right. The combination of the cliff on the left and the promontory on the right left only a small natural channel into the bay - an ideal place for a sheltered harbour. I was aware I was on a quayside and there was a town nearby. Nobody else in sight, no boats visible. There was no sound, just a picture only; I watched the cliffside beginning to collapse and lots of rock and rubble collapsing into the water, which seethed and became agitated. The cliff collapse continued until the whole of the natural channel into the bay was blocked and the rock waste stood maybe twenty feet proud of the water. There was no emotion connected with this and the cliff-mountainside collapse had no asociation with the thing going on in Tenerife, it was spectacular but too small. Apart from the agitated water, there was no visible tsunami or anything like that: I remember thinking "This will take some clearing up if this is ever going to function as a port again." Had a feeling this was somewhere in Northern Europe: possibly Norway.

Last edited:
Weds 13th October 2021:

Day off work, felt very tired this afternoon. Sat down on the sofa, put a blanket over myself, took advantage of being alone in the house and dozed off. In a semi-asleep state, not quite all the way there, I saw a scene where weak winter sunlight was reflecting off a still sea. This appeared to be a bay somewhere with a high steep cliff, possibly a mountainside, to my left, and lower hills stretching out a sort of natural promontory into the sea over to my left. The combination of the cliff on the left and the promontory on the right left only a small natural channel into the bay - an ideal place for a sheltered harbour. I was aware I was on a quayside and there was a town nearby. Nobody else in sight, no boats visible. There was no sound, just a picture only; I watched the cliffside beginning to collapse and lots of rock and rubble collapsing into the water, which seethed and became agitated. The cliff collapse continued until the whole of the natural channel into the bay was blocked and the rock waste stood maybe twenty feet proud of the water. There was no emotion connected with this and the cliff-mountainside collapse had no asociation with the thing going on in Tenerife, it was spectacular but too small. Apart from the agitated water, there was no visible tsunami or anything like that: I remember thinking "this will take some clearing up if this is ever going to function as a port again." Had a feeling this was somewhere in Northern Europe: possibly Norway.
There was a piece on the southwest local news last night about a small cliff fall somewhere in Cornwall, which a local managed to video. But that was on a beach rather than into a harbour.

Many, many years ago (before I had children) I had a dream about living near a rail line in a depressing city. I had a teenage daughter who kept asking me to move. I wrote a short story based on the dream which I've long since lost.

Some 20 years on, my teenage daughter and I are moving from a depressing city this weekend and won't miss being near a rail line.

I know, enormously vague and there's nothing in it but it's funny how things work out all the same.

Another one from this month. Someone close (10+ years older) had been ill, and not long left on this earth. They have one child, a son.

I bump into a chap who says they went to primary school with me, but I don't recognise them. They say they are organising a reunion party for the class.

Next I'm at the party, but there are far more people there than you would expect and the "DJ" says it's now a reunion for everyone born in my year of birth. The crowd is illuminated by coloured lights, and music plays.

After a short time the music stops, lights go out and there are only a few of us left, less than 10. The room is now dark and grey.

I wake up and think "what was all that about?"

Later that day I find out they died that night :(

The funeral service is held a place I've been once before, and would expect the service to be held. The chapel has one wall as a massive stained glass window. The son conducts the service on his own (not expected by me), and music is played.

The final part was totally unexpected though. Round the back of the chapel is the crematorium, and after the service a few of us (<10) go there, the room is dark and grey....

Did I dream the service? Looks close, but the nature was changed, maybe to make it easier?

Another one, don't know what's going on!
This month (Jan 2022), trying to get a new job, on one of those platforms where the employers contact you. An ex-employer contacts me, we arrange an initial chat.
I have a dream where I'm standing outside their office.
The chat never happens.
Next an actual interview with another company where the interviewer said he had worked at this company. I don't get the job.
So >outside< was the message, not once, but twice :)

THIS IS FAIRLY CONVOLUTED BUT I'LL TRY TO GET IT ACROSS AS CLEARLY AS I CAN: I had a very strange dream-loop-reality thing going on at the beginning of the year. I didn't write down a particular dream I had but I did tell a friend about it, because I recalled, in the dream, that I should tell her about a store I was in during the dream, because I felt like she would enjoy the store, thinking that, while I was dreaming it.

The timeline & what documentation I do have is in a couple of texts sent to Mary as the weirdnesses unfolded. I'll post them, below.

But overall, the documentation timeline is 1) I had the dream where I knew I needed to tell Mary about the "dream store." 2) We were then, post-dream, in reality, at her house on New Year's Eve, & I did tell her about the dream. 3) After the New Year's get-together, I begin to watch a show on NetFlix called YOU, a series I had not previously ever seen. (I can't recall exactly when I started watching the series.)

It was in a (post-dream & New Year's Eve get-together) episode of YOU that I THEN saw the store that I originally saw in my dream. (It's in Season 1; Episode 3 @ about 13:33.)

In addition, I also dreamed a reference, in that dream, to Virginia Woolf's Mrs. Dalloway. A few YOU episodes later, after the "store" dream and the telling to Mary herself on NY's Eve, the reference to Mrs. Dalloway popped up in that later episode, (Season 1; Episode 5 @ about 22:00) in an even more specific way than what I originally thought. (That being: that I originally thought it alluded to the antagonist being a bookseller, something I wouldn't have known about the YOU storyline at the time of the dream.)

I can explain that reference in the copy of the text(s), below, which I sent Mary. These texts are the only documentation as to the dream/telling/timeline.

Bottom line: I texted Mary after I'd told her about the dream and THEN had seen the dream elements in that series, to let her know that there were things in the dream and the series that were relevant to waking/real life. Here are the texts:
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.34.44 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 11.35.03 AM.png

Over the last thre weeks or so, I've had several dreams involving characters from Neighbours (the Aussie soap, not the people next door to me with the dog that barks for eight hours a day). Mostly characters from the 80's/90's, when I used to watch it as young teen Quarkbeast. Last night i dreamt that Joe Mangel was my dad, which was a tad strange.

Today it's been announced that the soap will be ending after 37 years.

Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane.

Over the last thre weeks or so, I've had several dreams involving characters from Neighbours (the Aussie soap, not the people next door to me with the dog that barks for eight hours a day). Mostly characters from the 80's/90's, when I used to watch it as young teen Quarkbeast. Last night i dreamt that Joe Mangel was my dad, which was a tad strange.

Today it's been announced that the soap will be ending after 37 years.

Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane.
Quarkbeast said: "Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane."

Which is how I feel about all these Dalloway things coming to the reality forefront. It's not like I've gotten the winning lottery numbers. Get this: Last night, we went to a Trivia Night at a local bar, and one of the clues was "The author of Mrs. Dalloway." The categories were answers with states name.. so not too far off-base for the topic but of all the questions. We'd just been discussing the strange connections on the way to the game... with the same Mary and Win who we'd shared New Year's Eve with.

Back