• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Dreams That Predict The Future

Over the last thre weeks or so, I've had several dreams involving characters from Neighbours (the Aussie soap, not the people next door to me with the dog that barks for eight hours a day). Mostly characters from the 80's/90's, when I used to watch it as young teen Quarkbeast. Last night i dreamt that Joe Mangel was my dad, which was a tad strange.

Today it's been announced that the soap will be ending after 37 years.

Did I psychically pick up on the beloved soap's demise? If so, I'd like to use these boards to announce that I have the most utterly useless precognative power known to the ethereal plane.

A fair few weeks ago (or perhaps months I'm not sure) there was speculation on the news that Neighbours may end as 5 were planning to pull the plug. Today the makers confirmed that they have not managed to find a UK broadcaster/partner to replace 5, so it will indeed end. Perhaps you overheard the earlier reports and it's been in the back of your mind?

Regardless I have to agree, it doesn't seem like a premonition that would bring you riches or anything valuable, bloody typical! :chuckle:

We need a law of precognition (fallacy of precognition?) like the just-world fallacy. You can't expect the world is supposed to be a fair and honest place, where wrongdoing has consequences; similarly, you can't expect that precognitions will revolve around you/exist for your benefit?

On a night of late November 2019, I had a strange and ominous dream : I was facing a V-shaped valley from above, calmly enjoying the landscape. The sun was setting, colouring the hillsides in various shades of gold. Up to that point, it was a rather pleasant dream. But then I noticed dark clouds gathering on the horizon, toward the distant plains. And soon enough, the whole sky was covered by a deep, dark smoke. Then, from among these ink black clouds came down a red hand pointing toward the ground with its index and middle finger. And I woke up wondering "what the f*:k !".

At that time, I wasn't especially anxious or worried. Life was good ... So I wondered "why the hell should I dream such "an apocalyptic" dream ?". Besides, I am an agnostic, not very found of millenarian religions or cults. If I had to chose a religion, I'd rather go for Buddhism. So I am not waiting for any Messiah or end of times' event.

About one month later, I started to have some health problems. I lost most of my savings in the stock exchange, though I do not particularly resent it. Two or three month later, COVID started to spread over the world. And now, we have trouble happening in Ukraine, with a guy invading neighbouring countries in order to restore the empire of his dreams and to conquer a "lebensraum". 1939' style. As a WW2 veteran once told me at a bus stop in Kirkwall, "people never learn" ... Given these developments, I keep wondering wether my dream was a kind of "preview" of what was awaiting us.

That being said, I guess every single night, there will be someone, somewhere, having vaguely ominous dreams. And everyday, death, misery and illness will strike innocent and unsuspecting people. Mountains will crumble, rivers will overflow and planes will crash. It is probably just a coincidence if it happens after somebody has had a bad dream.

As for the "red hand coming out of the clouds" thing (something most unlikely to happen in real life), I suppose it was a reminiscence of some medieval miniatures like this one, by Jean Fouquet : https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/1a/La_Descente_du_Saint-Esprit.jpg

First straightforward precognitive dream I've recorded/noticed for a while.

I had voice recorded my dreams for the first time in ages on Thursday night/Friday morning, and only listened back to them late last night.

Real event: yesterday afternoon best friend rang me asking me to see if i could find an Airbnb within his budget in central London for tonight as he couldn't find any available hotels (he's going for his first proper night out in the capital since he moved south). Short story i found a hotel on booking.com that just fits his upper price limit once you apply my "genius" discount. To get the discount i had to book it for him...but it says at check in you have to present the card used to make the booking..so i had to use his name and card details.

So that's the real event. As i say i later listened back to my dream recording from the night before. At 4.58am i had said on tape : “We’re all booking into a hotel...I keep writing down someone else’s name on the piece of paper at reception...It looks like I’m using someone else’s ID, but im not”....

What more useful time to have dreamt the future than the night before the Grand National?

I had vaguely accelerating dreams last night and woke with Arthur Brown's classic song Time Captives stuck in my head:

A pointer maybe to a National winner?

Checked the runners to see if there were any time-related names and spotted the following:

School Boy Hours 33/1
Any Second Now 8/1

Odds are a bit low on the latter, but maybe School Boy Hours is worth an each-way flutter (and I was a young school boy when the Arthur Brown song was originally released)?

Oh well never mind - backed the wrong time-related horse!
Would have still made a modest each-way profit had I placed my bet on Any Second Now.

First straightforward precognitive dream I've recorded/noticed for a while.

I had voice recorded my dreams for the first time in ages on Thursday night/Friday morning, and only listened back to them late last night.

Real event: yesterday afternoon best friend rang me asking me to see if i could find an Airbnb within his budget in central London for tonight as he couldn't find any available hotels (he's going for his first proper night out in the capital since he moved south). Short story i found a hotel on booking.com that just fits his upper price limit once you apply my "genius" discount. To get the discount i had to book it for him...but it says at check in you have to present the card used to make the booking..so i had to use his name and card details.

So that's the real event. As i say i later listened back to my dream recording from the night before. At 4.58am i had said on tape : “We’re all booking into a hotel...I keep writing down someone else’s name on the piece of paper at reception...It looks like I’m using someone else’s ID, but im not”....
Wow... that seems to be a solid hit, if you ask me. Thanks for posting.

I completely see where you're coming from on that, having made a dream-based prediction about the sudden death of singer Tom Jones which happily seems less and less likely as time goes on. :chuckle:
I had one that was variably about:
i) a Royal bodyguard going postal while protecting his Royal and randomly shooting people - some sort of a mental collapse happening to a man with a gun under his jacket and training in how to use it;

and, less plausibly

ii) Prince Charles not so much shaking hands with people on a royal handshake visit, as pulling his own gun and shooting them. He was also being dreadfully polite to the people he was shooting...

Also... I thought "today's Guardian article was interesting. Wonder if anyone's posted it to FF, if not, i'll do it..."

Had one the other day. On holiday in Croatia, i bought milk from a corner supermarket for my cornflakes. Next morning i got up, saw it out on the side and poured the milk on the cornflakes and thick creamy gloop came out. Whether it was curdled or just unexpectedly full fat i can't say. I opened the fridge and found a second bottle, so used that instead. One of my friends, John came in and asked "did you use that milk?" He had found it in the same state so had gone out and bought the new bottle. I said yes i'd noticed, don't worry..and then proceeded to pour the off one down the sink, remarking it was like Dulux paint.

A few seconds later it suddenly hit me... 24 hours earlier i had not only dreamt this scene but had told John about it at the time and had a voice recording of the dream.

It says "I go down and there's a tin of white dulux paint...there's like a trail of...its leaking..its like milk white paint on the floor..its like i saw it upstairs, i saw it there, I'm wondering what the hell's going on with that tin, and john starts to look sheepish, it wasn't me after all."

Oh, I'm glad I've seen this thread bumped, it's reminded me I've been meaning to post in here for a couple of days, I hope I haven't dreamt the future though!

I had a dream on Tuesday night/Wednesday morning that celebrity chef Jamie Oliver had been killed in an accident involving a white van, just outside Birmingham :( In the dream, I was listening to the news on the radio.

I would like to think you are wrong. I don't have anything against old sausage fingers and his turkey twizzlers.

I think this is cheating because it's becoming inevitable - but the other morning I was dreaming that I was watching the news when "Breaking" flashed up and they cut to a reporter who was struggling to hold back tears as she announced that the Queen was dead.

Undoubtably triggered by the Palace saying that HM wasn't attending the garden parties this year, but I'll get my claim to precognition in there quickly.

This morning a friend messaged me to say he'd dreamt of the ceiling falling on his mother's head ..and was telling me as a "just in case it happens" record.

What got my attention - and makes me confident his dream was not precognitive - was that it seemed to me to be telepathic. Last night before bed I watched the recent spiderman movie, in which his Aunt May is knocked out and injured by the collapsing rubble of her apartment.

I believe it's likely he picked up the imagery from my sleeping unconscious rather than saw his own future.

(A highly speculative detail as to the why may be that the friend in question like Peter Parker and dozens of other marvel characters has an alliterative name. )

I think this is cheating because it's becoming inevitable - but the other morning I was dreaming that I was watching the news when "Breaking" flashed up and they cut to a reporter who was struggling to hold back tears as she announced that the Queen was dead.

Undoubtably triggered by the Palace saying that HM wasn't attending the garden parties this year, but I'll get my claim to precognition in there quickly.
Good greif, she is 96 years old and her husband died recently. Often when a couple has been married over 50 years and one spouse dies, the other one doesn't live much longer, and they were married for over 70 years.

Well this one is a corker.

Yesterday was the anniversary of my deceased brother Conor's death.

This morning a dream about his son Daniel ( I've never dreamt of him and not seen him since his father's death). In the dream I catch him having stolen private Info on my phone by photographing the screen with his phone. I demand he delete the images now. He hands his phone to me to do it myself. But I'm flummoxed by the unfamiliar apps on it that some of my stuff may be hidden behind.

Just now, in waking life, my eldest brother texted. He says he'd just looked at the Telegram app and up popped an alert " Conor has just joined Telegram!".

On his death anniversary this is deeply meaningful...but my dream also played out. The app alerts you when someone who's number you've saved joins. In this case our brothers number is attached on telegram to a profile of a female stranger. I deduced that after several years dormant his number was simply recycled to end up on someone else's phone. And was activated on Telegram at least on his anniversary.

Dream precognition and seeming after death communication in one go. Bargain.

Last edited:
Well now it gets weirder. I don't know if it's part of a new scam, or a genuine misdirected message, but this from a complete stranger( that's a burmese prefix) just popped up on my WhatsApp....the thematic link to mixed up phones and numbers is hard to ignore.
Screenshot_20220516-124351__01.jpg

Possible scam.

Yeah, I'd say scam too. A month ago I had a very similar WhatsApp message supposedly from a very attractive asian lass asking if I was Jim (no). So I ignored. I know a Jim but not seen him for years and, sadly, rarely give out my phone number to beautiful girls 20 years my junior.

I rarely recall anything of my dreams and have even wondered whether I do dream but I woke this morning, apparently in the middle of a dream, either thinking or hearing 'the television is on fire!'
I was a bit unsettled and went downstairs to get my coffee and make sure everything was all right and ,of course, it was. I'm hoping I didn't dream the future though.

My dreams are so bizarre, if they were true, I feel sorry for the world.

Yoda : the future Obi Won can not be seen with your Anakin.

I rarely recall anything of my dreams and have even wondered whether I do dream but I woke this morning, apparently in the middle of a dream, either thinking or hearing 'the television is on fire!'
I was a bit unsettled and went downstairs to get my coffee and make sure everything was all right and ,of course, it was. I'm hoping I didn't dream the future though.
Hoping this is not in your future... maybe get a new TV?

My wife was disturbed because she dreamed an elderly friend passed away.

I assured her that he is still very much alive.

But I said to my wife that he is elderly with known health problems and you never know.

My wife said he wishes she did not have bad dreams about the future.

Was having an extremely vivid dream up to the point my alarm woke me this morning.

Was on a cross-Channel ferry, which seemed to be the Brittany Ferries ship Normandie we sailed on just before Christmas.
I left the lounge area with the reclinable seats to get some fresh air up on deck.
I noticed something in the water travelling towards us and a man standing to my right said "is that a submarine?".
The superstructure did indeed look like the top of a submarine conning tower - was round or oval and dark grey-green in colour.
As the sub closed on us, it appeared to be diving and turning to port but it looked like a collision was inevitable.
I yelled "brace yourself for impact" ...... and that's when I was woken up, so cannot say what happened next.
So, if there is a news story some time from now about a collision or near miss between a submarine and cross-Channel ferry, remember you heard it here first!

Was having an extremely vivid dream up to the point my alarm woke me this morning.

Was on a cross-Channel ferry, which seemed to be the Brittany Ferries ship Normandie we sailed on just before Christmas.
I left the lounge area with the reclinable seats to get some fresh air up on deck.
I noticed something in the water travelling towards us and a man standing to my right said "is that a submarine?".
The superstructure did indeed look like the top of a submarine conning tower - was round or oval and dark grey-green in colour.
As the sub closed on us, it appeared to be diving and turning to port but it looked like a collision was inevitable.
I yelled "brace yourself for impact" ...... and that's when I was woken up, so cannot say what happened next.
So, if there is a news story some time from now about a collision or near miss between a submarine and cross-Channel ferry, remember you heard it here first!

brace.gif

I had a very brief dream in which a actor from a favorite show, now dead (actor & show, both) told me "You have two years." This was last February, so if the dream image was reporting truthfully, I've got ~1.5 years.

All other details missing because there are none.
Interesting to note that this poster was last seen here November 11, 2019

Add on: now I see that someone already noted this up thread circa 2020.

Last edited:
Back