Thinking Of Visiting Australia?

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
That where you are, Mungo? Scary stuff.

It does look scary to a newcomer, doesn't it, and it does get quite dark, which confuses the animals, but the thing that pisses us off is the no notice - apart from neighbours cooeeeing over the back fence. Then, it's a mad panic, running around closing all the windows and doors...

The next day is clean up which starts from the ceilings down, and everything gets dusted - and I do mean everything due to the ionic properties of the friggin' dust (it adheres to everything). I have an industrial wet and dry vacuum and I'm very tempted to reverse the thing and start the thing blowing from the back door of the house, and continue to the front door...The trouble there is that the superfine dust is then suspended within the house, which means dust descends for three days or so on everything.

As it is, we need to clean up again the next day due to that suspended dust in the air.

At least It's usually cooler after a big blow - at the moment, 09:36, it is a balmy 25C, or 77F, which is what I set the aircon at so I'm actually wearing a shirt! BLISS!

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
If any of you have ever thought of coming to the 'Lucky Country' but have never done so, put off your visit no longer. Behold the wonder that is the 'Lamington Burger'. A culinary delight with no equal.
Described as ''an unusual mash-up, the sweet and savoury creation comes complete with double beef patties, bacon and cheese with the country's iconic cake used as the buns.''
You know you want one (or maybe two). In fact, you can even buy lamington flavoured potato chips/crisps at the moment (Smiths brand).

lamburg.jpg

Now you can try a LAMINGTON burger: Restaurant's creation comes with epic double beef, bacon and oozing cheese between sponge cake
An American-style burger restaurant has created an epic double beef and cheeseburger sandwiched between lamingtons just in time for Australia Day.
As part of the weekly special, diners can order the mammoth burger from January 26 at the Chuck Wagon 175 in North Adelaide.
In an unusual mash-up, the sweet and savoury creation comes complete with double beef patties, bacon and cheese with the country's iconic cake used as the buns.
Taking to social media, the South Australian restaurant announced the new burger.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle...etween-sponge-cake/ar-BBZ7QNm?ocid=spartandhp

Dinobot

Justified & Ancient
If any of you have ever thought of coming to the 'Lucky Country' but have never done so, put off your visit no longer. Behold the wonder that is the 'Lamington Burger'. A culinary delight with no equal.
Described as ''an unusual mash-up, the sweet and savoury creation comes complete with double beef patties, bacon and cheese with the country's iconic cake used as the buns.''
You know you want one (or maybe two). In fact, you can even buy lamington flavoured potato chips/crisps at the moment (Smiths brand).

View attachment 22639

Now you can try a LAMINGTON burger: Restaurant's creation comes with epic double beef, bacon and oozing cheese between sponge cake

https://www.msn.com/en-au/lifestyle...etween-sponge-cake/ar-BBZ7QNm?ocid=spartandhp
Hmmm, tasty....:puke2:

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...

View attachment 22639

I wonder if any of these bright Herberts actually try one of these...items before they place it on a bill of fare?

I reckon that they're pushing the Australia thing just a little bit too far here. Lamingtons are for afters in my house.

Your opinion may vary.

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient
Has anyone actually eaten one of those lamington flavoured crimes against nature chips?
I've not, but a woman who works for us brought a bag in to share over the weekend. My wife and son tried a few. The verdict from my wife was ''Never again, they are sickly sweet.'' Our son apparently didn't mind the taste, but then he's addicted to those artificially flavoured energy drinks that to me often smell like sick, so that didn't come as a surprise.

EnolaGaia

I knew the job was dangerous when I took it ...
Staff member

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
39mm's here Skinny over the last ten days - which is definitely better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.

Rainwater tanks are topped up at 'emoh ruo' and nearly full, and I'm off into town today, so I'll check out all the dams on the way - it should add an extra hour to the journey.

Any body have an idea on how to post Video files that FF say are too big to handle?

gordonrutter

There must be a set character limit to this opt...
Staff member
39mm's here Skinny over the last ten days - which is definitely better than a poke in the eye with a blunt stick.

Rainwater tanks are topped up at 'emoh ruo' and nearly full, and I'm off into town today, so I'll check out all the dams on the way - it should add an extra hour to the journey.

Any body have an idea on how to post Video files that FF say are too big to handle?
Post them to YouTube and then link?

Lord Lucan

Justified & Ancient

107mm in the past 24 hours. On the way to work this morning, every dam that we pass that's been dry for months & months was full to the brim and overflowing. Fires officially declared 'out' this afternoon. It's been wet.

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
107mm in the past 24 hours. On the way to work this morning, every dam that we pass that's been dry for months & months was full to the brim and overflowing. Fires officially declared 'out' this afternoon. It's been wet.
BEWDIFULL!! COUPLADAYS MATE!!

Iris

Justified & Ancient
Just some sporadic light rain on and off here for days, not the heavy falls predicted but still welcome.
This year flocks of corellas were flying over which they don't usually do till early Autumn and snails have returned to the garden very hungry after going missing for a few years .
Also we had a mouse inside which never happens in Summer so I had been wondering if there would be rain .

Mungoman

Mostly harmless...
Another aspect of Australia.

If you wish to 'rough it', out here, it's not a good idea to put the tent up next to a Gum (Eucalypt), or in a dry creek bed, or near an ants nest, or over a wombat track, or, if it's up north, anywhere near water.

I digress...

This is what we call a widowmaker, and in the heat, and especially in a drought, Gums drop branches. This is one of 'em.

Fortunately, no one was injured.
89632418_2669958289769643_4845175902520213504_n.jpg