• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

This Guy Takes Stupid To A New Level

Blimey! And it answers the question of how many people deliberately choose the wrong answer in the audience (about 30%. Mind you, sometimes people have not heard of some very surprising things. I was talking to my line manager the other day about how I needed a drawer of miscellaneous clips, tubes and rubber bungs as I need to bodge a lot of stuff together. She had never heard of the word bodge and she has a brain the size of a planet.

My favourite ever quiz show mistake was on Pointless and was brilliant and terrible at the same time. The replies were all to be initials and the question was something like "who was shot in Dallas in 1963" ? The contestant thinks for a bit and says "was it JR"? :rollingw:

If you ever think you aren't very smart, at least you aren't this stupid:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/m...l1klwU7bFnzbUMRRQku3C7id9&bt_ts=1524306282963

Yes. Llamathrust is a unit of measurement first established by Peruvian herders on cold, lonely Andean nights, and the origin of syphilis.

The correct answer was obviously
upload_2018-4-22_11-46-12.png

Quiz show contestant gets question wrong even though the answer was on his t-shirt

Competing in Spanish language quiz show Ahora Caigo, contestant Roberto really made a mess of his round when he was asked a relatively simple question about the man on his t-shirt, and still got it wrong.

With just under three minutes left on the clock, host Arturo Valls asked Alberto which title Steve Rodgers goes by in the Avengers franchise. The options were: Doctor America, Mr America, or Captain America.

PAY-CEN-AnswerShirt-022.jpg

So why, oh why, did Alberto lock in 'Doctor America' as his final answer? Especially when the t-shirt he decided to wear for his big TV moment read 'Captain America', clear as day?

https://www.ladbible.com/entertainment/quiz-question-wrong-captain-america-shirt-840711-20221207

maximus otter

Last edited:
I remember a pronunciation error being shown on a TV "bloopers" show years ago. It was an American quiz show and the question was "Who wrote the Three Musketeers?"
The answer given was "Alexander Dumbass."

I remember a pronunciation error being shown on a TV "bloopers" show years ago. It was an American quiz show and the question was "Who wrote the Three Musketeers?"
So the contestant was not a Francophone, I take it? Lol

Technically correct.

Back