• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Those darned Moon bases.

...Whether this is genuine evidence, fabrication or wishful conspiracy is another issue...

What do you think ?

INT21

There has been talk about towers on the surface of the Moon.
Yes...I have read and seen the alleged pics of the towers....imho they must be camera artifacts or something like that because the one that is being touted as 'alien' is like 20 miles tall...seriously..? Why would anyone...even aliens...need a 20 mile tall structure..?

Yes...I have read and seen the alleged pics of the towers....imho they must be camera artifacts or something like that because the one that is being touted as 'alien' is like 20 miles tall...seriously..? Why would anyone...even aliens...need a 20 mile tall structure..?
Maybe it's a conning tower, and the Moon is an old, dead spaceship...? I have no idea. :)

20 mile-high structures would be possible on the Moon, because of the low gravity and lack of atmosphere to place stress on the structure. But these towers are illusions, because they have no shadow. On the Moon shadows are important for detecting shape and form, probably more important than albedo variations.

...Whether this is genuine evidence, fabrication or wishful conspiracy is another issue...

What do you think ?

INT21

As a Fortean, I suppose I should keep an open mind and just pass on the 'evidence'.
Under my normal hat, I think the Moon is one of the most interesting and intriguing objects in the solar system. The exact size yet at exactly the right distance for us to enjoy perfect eclipses, the way its rotation presents a constant face to us... It's a pretty mind-boggling ball in the sky.

The argument for the appearance of that hole in the Moon is that it is always there but covered by a hologram, the display frequency of which was exposed when the footage was taken at a higher shutter speed. Conspiracy theories always resurface when technology moves on, allowing another line in.

Jimv1,

Have you worked out how big that 'aperture' would be ?

Just scale it against the diameter of the Moon.

INT21

Just out of curiosity, can members resolve 3d stereograms ?

I have never managed to see one - everyone around me was fascinated with 3d forms and shapes but me.... nada! Always wondered why and whether me wearing glasses has anything to do with that.

dejanmikic,

There does seem to be a knack in it. But once you have seen your first one it gets easier.

I stare hard at an imaginary point about three inch behind the surface. and then the image suddenly pops into full 3d.

It is quite fascinating to observe these things. Shows just how clever your brain is.

INT21

Yeah, I like those too. It can take me a few moments if I haven't done one in a while but then after that it gets easier.

Docking station for an even bigger moo... I mean spaceship.

pbyO8uH.jpg

to scale image from here: http://imgur.com/gallery/7tTEJ

Jimv1,

Have you worked out how big that 'aperture' would be ?

Just scale it against the diameter of the Moon.

INT21

In this scenario, the size of the aperture would be relative to the object entering it. Therefore we are led to the assumption of an absolutely huge alien ship.
As I said, I'm Fortean, I'm just presenting reports.

Back