• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Those Mysterious Knockings!

Nancy Greenwalt

Fresh Blood
... I'm looking answers on phantom knocking for the past year it has been happening many times I use bells and many other charms to protect my home but this knocking is driving me crazy

(Copied from the New Members' thread by way of introducing this topic ... )

Last edited by a moderator:
New Member @Nancy Greenwalt has been experiencing knockings - as in raps, percussion on the door.

She has an interesting background and knowledge of protective magics - say as much or as little about this as you please Nancy :)

Please share your experience with the mysterious knocks.....

Frides

New Member @Nancy Greenwalt has been experiencing knockings - as in raps, percussion on the door.

She has an interesting background and knowledge of protective magics - say as much or as little about this as you please Nancy :)

Frides

Maybe a refund is in order. They don't seem to be working.

Just being facetious, we have the occasional odd knocking here. Doesn't worry me.

INT21.

May you should call out 'Come in!'
Or maybe not.
No way my grandma first rule was never invite anything that comes thru that is not welcome now I do get few that comes thru seeking help I do have my bells all over the place and charms up for protection what is really bothering me is I have been having these phantom knocking on my door I went to look up about phantom knocking and I sawthis group and i got hoping maybe someone can help me understand in what's happinening I know it's not a spirit and I feel really dizzy and lightheaded and nauseous and dread but I won't open the door I had a couple of sister witches tells me it's death knocking all of my years of knowing the spirit world this is new one I like to know any advice that can help me...... Blessings

No way my grandma first rule was never invite anything that comes thru that is not welcome now I do get few that comes thru seeking help I do have my bells all over the place and charms up for protection what is really bothering me is I have been having these phantom knocking on my door I went to look up about phantom knocking and I sawthis group and i got hoping maybe someone can help me understand in what's happinening I know it's not a spirit and I feel really dizzy and lightheaded and nauseous and dread but I won't open the door I had a couple of sister witches tells me it's death knocking all of my years of knowing the spirit world this is new one I like to know any advice that can help me...... Blessings
Had you tried using the craft to find out what/who is doing the knocking?

Please share your experience with the mysterious knocks.....

Frides
I usually keep to myself my father side of family is Romania gypsy my mother side Cherokee and Scottish I was adopted by my stepfather when he married my mom but I was raised up by my Scottish grandmother ND my Cherokee grandfather and there was always magick going on with my grandparents when I four I talked to my first spirit I did not know my father was murdered until he visited me this was before my mother married my stepdad there this man in black would show up in the attic where we lived and played in the attic alot and my mom heard me talking having conversations and one day she ask me who am I talking to and I said papa she let me know that my papa was dead and before my mom passed away she finally told me the truth about my father side of family but doing my years growing up I was drawn to special people who knew magick and I joined my first coven in Salem Mass I learn alot I loved my sisters and brothers there but I wanted to leave and become solitary and I did and what bothers me is I always know when there is a spirit around and know I have a few that are protected of me I learned to travel to the other side of the veil and back I did learn protective magick I am very gifted in it I even have taught other sister witches how to guard there homes and body with protective magick the knocking started about maybe over a year now I have my half wolf / half dog as my familiar Isis is her name and she is my protector and when knockings occur she paces the front door growling low tone I don't open door I'm always awake at this time of night I make my candles and incenses make different types of herbal medicines and I go to bed at 4 in morning and I don't live in good neighborhood but nobody bothers me unless they have ailments or want me to speak with their dead relatives ect..but when the knocking comes I stare at my door then I look out window don't see nobody pysically standing there so I gather myself to see if a spirit is there but I don't pick up a signal of one it's goes on about a minute then stops and starts again next nite I have installed video camera and a special lite that comes on when there is a motion detected nothing my husband had heard it several times and wanted to open the door but I stopped him and made him look out window to see nothing he sees he has been worry he practice shamanism a shaman I do not know why I don't just open door and find out maybe because I'm scared

Welcome Nancy. If I may - your experience is intriguing, and the fact that it appears ongoing is quite rare in first-person reports for us so thank you for sharing it.

Can I ask, though, if you would mind using some punctuation? At the moment it's a massive wall of text which makes it quite difficult to read. If you were to break it up into more manageable chunks then many more people may feel able to engage with your story.

Instead of 'Come in' you could try a less welcoming greeting.

Hi Nancy, I would be scared, too. I also like Escargo's humor. The combination of these two responses can be confusing to explain to people.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. It sounds like you have good allies. There's so much tragic history in your ancestry, maybe some of the freight of that has been passed on to you. In my experience, death is an ally, not an enemy. It's a very powerful thing, so people are afraid of it. Usually when people say that something foretells death, it's because they're afraid of dying, not because something is really predicting or bringing death. There are many different meanings things can have. Be aware that you may be trying to see things through the lens of other people's fear. I'm wondering if your dreams can bring you more reliable information or knowledge.

Peace and blessings to you, your husband and Isis.

Last edited:
Nancy:

Can you give more specific descriptions of these knocking episodes? For example:

- They only happen at night - right?
- Is there a particular time at night during which they occur? if so - when is it?
- Has it ever happened during the daytime?
- What does the knocking sound like? Is it really like the sound of someone knocking at your door?
- Is there a common pattern to the knocking sound(s)? If so - what is it?
- Do you ever hear the knocking coming from any place other than the door?
- Does Isis ever react before you hear the knocking?
- You mentioned it typically lasts about a minute. Is the knocking continuing all through this minute? Or ...?
- Has it ever happened more than once per night?
- Does it happen every night - 7 nights a week?

Wife feeds a blackbird, if there's no food out at the expected time the bloody thing
knocks on the plastic lean to, sorry conservatory, it's surprisingly loud and took me
a bit to find what it was.

Aside from my previous historical tales of Three Knocks, we have been experiencing (every night for years) a knocking which seems to be coming from the ceiling and walls of our bedroom. It sounds exactly as if the person upstairs has dropped a marble onto a hard surface. There is a loud clunk followed by a series of quieter and quicker clunks (just as you would expect from a dropped ball).

It was even happening when the apartment upstairs was empty.

The culprit, I have discovered, is a water pipe in a culvert between the kitchen and bathroom wall. The noise however travels very far from the kitchen (where you can hear it with an ear to the wall). It seems to be amplified as it reverberates down the pipe, from one side of the apartment to the other. I would swear that it is coming from the wall and ceiling in the bedroom.

There may be a more mundane explanation to your knockings.

Last edited:
A friend had a house in which he could here running water but never had a leak or damp,
in the end we knocked a brick out of a wall and inside was a gully made up of glazed bricks
very well made running through the cavity, clean water ran through this 24/7 it was likely a
spring diverted or uncovered during construction, you must have got it right as the gully
was clean with no smells the house was a old vicarage a wonderful place to live but expensive
in up keep.

A friend had a house in which he could here running water but never had a leak or damp,
in the end we knocked a brick out of a wall and inside was a gully made up of glazed bricks
very well made running through the cavity, clean water ran through this 24/7 it was likely a
spring diverted or uncovered during construction, you must have got it right as the gully
was clean with no smells the house was a old vicarage a wonderful place to live but expensive
in up keep.

That's brilliant. Were there ghosts? Someone who knows about these things told me in the spring that ghosts are attracted to moving water.
Even indoor plumbing helps them along!

He never mentioned anything and I never saw anything I was a key holder so visited when they
were away, there was a rummer of a tunnel down to the local cemetery but we searched the house
and cellars with no luck,

He never mentioned anything and I never saw anything I was a key holder so visited when they
were away, there was a rummer of a tunnel down to the local cemetery but we searched the house
and cellars with no luck,

How frustrating.

in up keep.
Amazing that the whole house wasn't damp. If this was a wall, you must have taken the wall spart in the cellar or below grade? Always nice to find people solving problems using their imaginations. I once lived in a house with a chimney that slanted a lot and very prettily through the attic. We figured that the roofer and the guy who made the fireplace hadn't checked that the hole was in the right place.

Welcome Nancy. If I may - your experience is intriguing, and the fact that it appears ongoing is quite rare in first-person reports for us so thank you for sharing it.

Can I ask, though, if you would mind using some punctuation? At the moment it's a massive wall of text which makes it quite difficult to read. If you were to break it up into more manageable chunks then many more people may feel able to engage with your story.
I have this solved turn out that it was a warning I was able to connect to the spirit that was doing the knocking an it has been trying to warn me for quite awhile. I did not recognize this spirit turned out this female had died from a home evasion and I was told that I will be next and I had to be careful so what I did with this info was to check it out I went around and ask the neighbors finally I found a neighbor who told me ,2 blocks down from where I live there was a woman died got shot they kicked her door in and robbed her she died instantly .I have been trying to process this info I cannot call police they won't believe me my husband offer me a solution he was in the Marines United States Marines and he showed me how I can do a booby trap the knocking has stopped I set my trap at nite and I wait I never dream any of this would happen to my home and family I'm have always protect myself from the supernatural but not humans I will keep you informed thank you

Back