• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

In which some woman somehow takes possession of something (possibly a suitcase), only to start seeing apparitions of the object's deceased owner - a middle-aged man. Initially, she recalls the presence as being benign, but in what I recall as being her final post, she recounted suddenly recovering a memory of the apparition advancing towards her in the most menacing fashion. Apologies for the vagueness.

The giant spider in the bush. Not the African Bush, but a suburban English one. It's not in the Arachnophobia thread: I'm pretty sure it significantly predates that one.

The giant spider in the bush. Not the African Bush, but a suburban English one. It's not in the Arachnophobia thread: I'm pretty sure it significantly predates that one.

I think that story was one of the older generation IHTM's.

It appears in 'It Happened To Me' volume 6 which I have a copy of, originally posted Robert Moss here on the FTMB in 2002. There's a similar follow-up story from Anon, same year.

I could type them out at some point if you like.

Where's the thread about Sundays being boring, or not?

There's a reference I'm after which I think might be on there - but I can't for the life of me find it?

There was (is) this really gripping thread in, I think,IHTM - but I forget the name. Smoking Ghost? Disembodied Cigarrette?
Anyway some guy was waliking along some kind of alleyway in the evening after work and encountered a cigarette being smoked in the air before him - but no person smoking it!

That was pretty much it - but then we learnt that the poster himself had died - from some sudden and hidden illness - about a week after posting it and someone from his family logged on in his name to tell the board about it.

There was specualtion that the vision was some kind of advance health warning or symbolic premonition of some kind.

It was sad, creepy, poignant and intrigiung all at one, and I'm a bit surprised that the thread didn't get resurrected more recently.

Oh thats a great thread, I'd forgotten about. That's my Sunday afternoon read sorted :)

Is there a thread for stuff we've written? Similar to 'Sing Us a Song' but for stories or articles, that kind of thing?

Do we have a thread about 'sun anomalies' or somesuch (perhaps even 'space anomalies' would do)? I thought we did but I can't find it (and the search isn't helping in that regard either). There's a video I've seen online and I wanted a suitable place to link it so I could ask questions.

Do we have a thread about 'sun anomalies' or somesuch (perhaps even 'space anomalies' would do)? I thought we did but I can't find it (and the search isn't helping in that regard either). There's a video I've seen online and I wanted a suitable place to link it so I could ask questions.

What's the theme of the video?

There are multiple threads on sun-related phenomena, but we don't have a thread dedicated to the sun (the star; in the astronomical sense) per se.

What's the theme of the video?

There are multiple threads on sun-related phenomena, but we don't have a thread dedicated to the sun (the star; in the astronomical sense) per se.

Oh it's a short video by someone whose channel consists mainly of 'sky phenomena' and contains a photo purporting to show something that appears to be next to the sun, but which doesn't appear to be your straight forward lens flare. (But could be - so I'm keen to get some expert opinions on the case :))

I'd recommend posting a new thread in Earth Mysteries: The Skies / Atmosphere. If it overlaps with an existing thread about sun-related sightings / phenomena, I'll merge it.

I assume we must have at least one thread which discusses the general unreliability of eyewitness reports in terms of accurate records of what actually happened. I would like to add a - non-Fortean - experience I had along those lines myself this morning, and yes, I'm aware of the inherent paradox. But my searching isn't really producing any likely candidates. Any suggestions?

I assume we must have at least one thread which discusses the general unreliability of eyewitness reports in terms of accurate records of what actually happened. I would like to add a - non-Fortean - experience I had along those lines myself this morning, and yes, I'm aware of the inherent paradox. But my searching isn't really producing any likely candidates. Any suggestions?

Similar waters here. Take your pick:

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-absence-of-evidence.62909

https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/evaluating-evidence.61152

1958 film Terror in the Haunted House

I can see it has a flash of a "terrifying" face inserted. Which thread would be best to note this (to me) interesting moment?

Do we really not have a thread for The Expanse?

Had a search and it gets a few mentions here and there, not an obvious thread though?

Back