• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Whatever happened to the thread that discussed which forums people regularly read, and the ones they never read at all?

I can't seem to track down "Silly songs from the internet" since the great server changeover. And I so liked bannanphone! :cry:

Are there any threads about The Ring 2 (remake?) I remember there being several but all appear to have been subsumed into other things.

Mr RING have you found the thread you were after? if not you will have to give me some more details... I seem to recall there was one that dealt with viewing and posting statistics, was it that one you were after?

Philo T said:
I can't seem to track down "Silly songs from the internet" since the great server changeover. And I so liked bannanphone! :cry:

Was it in Chat? if threads aren't bumped for a while then yeah, they go through an auto-purge. I don't even remember Silly Songs... could it have been culled during the new server upgrade? You could aways start a new thread if you liked.

Yeah looks like Ring & Ring 2 are being discussed in the Ringu mega-thread.

Quixote said:
Mr RING have you found the thread you were after? if not you will have to give me some more details... I seem to recall there was one that dealt with viewing and posting statistics, was it that one you were after?

The thread, as I remember it, was about what forums people read religiously, and which ones did they ignore. It was interesting to read that, for instance, somebody might like UFOs and New Science, but completely ignore ghosts, or vise versa. Or people whose primary interest was Esoterica. Does that sound more familiar?

Thanks, I've got a feeling which one it is now, it might have been in Chat although I have a feeling it could be or there was something similar in Gen Fort (it might have been moved from Notes & Queries when we were creating the Human Condition).

Mr RING, I'll have a trawl but like Leaferne says it will have been purged if it was in Chat. If we can't find it maybe you would like to start a new thread? Like I suggested to Philo T if a thread has gone you could always resurrect a new one in it's place. Some of the newer members might appreciate it too.

----------------------
Edit- I've had another trawl and I can't find it at all, sorry.

Seeking an old topic

I hate to ask others to find this for me, but I just looked through all 31 pages and the search engine yeilded no results.

I am very interested in rereading and showing a friend a thread of which the poster wrote about dreaming the day he just had.

If i recall correctly, they either dreamtthe day exactly as it had happened, hour for hour, or that they dreamt it with things just a little bit different.

So: person dreams the day they just had, and in the dream it feels physically as long as the day had been with every little detail, as if they are reliving the day. Kinda like groundhog day with bill murray.

Edited: changed 'experienced' to 'dreamt' to clear it up.

I'm afraid not, but thanks anyhow. I'm almost 100% sure that the topic was devoted to it. Rather, it was the thread starting post (weather or not the commentors kept it on the same topic is another story)

No, but thanks anyway, polterdog. The one i am looking for is opposite of that. This poster did not dream something that became real, he essentially relived the day he just had when he went to sleep. Instead of a dream coming true, it was like reliving the day they just had, seemingly in real time (even though they slept 8 hours or whatever, the dream felt like it was being lived, in real time, just like the day had been before they slept).

I hope my constant attempt to explain better isn't just making this more confusing.

Have we still got any 'good/recommended books' or 'what are you reading threads'? We used to have several.

I'm not sure this auto-prune function is as desirable as i first thought.

where is the thread about the very slightly strange pub (90s music, teenagers)

There used to be a thread which was called something like "Events which aren't Fortean but are freaky nevertheless!" Have done a search but can't find it--surely it wasn't in Chat? It was one of the long-running threads too. Any assistance gratefully snarfed up. :)

Oh, and while I'm at it, wasn't there a thread dealing with TV and emotions, i.e. do things on TV (movies etc.) make you cry? Would appreciate help finding that as well. :) Thanks.

im looking a victorian gentlemans daywear/evening/dinner suit must be in vgc :D

lopaka said:
The other day I spent some time unsuccessfully searching for the thread Emps cites here:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... 133#543133

I came across his post just now and thought "a-ha". But the link says the thread doesn't exist.

:confused:

I have this in my notes somewhere (yes notes).........

OK my notes say:
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13520

digging further.........

My notes also point to attack of the alien chicken (in the same thread):
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 696#493696

which points back to the 13520 link. :(

It does appear someone has merged the thread which contained those two posts into Strange Deaths.

OK to the search.............

"attack alien clones" by me and show me posts.

One result:
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 133#543133

~cries quietly~

OK. "alien clones" by me and show me posts.

Four results:

And here we have them:
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 183#336183
www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 608#337608

Badda bing.

I'm off to update my notes.

I'd better update the posts that link to it to.

It shows it is probably a good policy to link to the initial post as that will stay even through merging.

Was reading a story about Children being trafficked into the UK from Africa and used for human sacrifices and wondered where/if theres a thread about human sacrifice in general? I presume there is one somewhere....

Hi, that'd probably be applicable in Muti Murder.

edit- did you mean to post a story or just if there was a general human sacrifice thread? (I'd have to have a look for myself if it's the latter)

Hi Quixote,

yeah was gonna post a story, i think the link you posted would be the right place for it.Ive read a few of the posts in Muti Murder and its kinda related.But yeah a thread solely about Human sacrifice was what i was originally looking for.

Thanx.

I'm sure we had a thread dealing with the unsolved murders/rapes along I-45 in TX...any hints?

You are the wind beneath my wings, lops. Merci! :kiss:

:blush:

The FTMB may be the only place on earth where having the ability to recall which thread a topic appeared in gets you a sweet note & a kiss smiley from a pretty girl.

Talk about a non-transferable life skill... :D

Back