• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Tais toi mon enfant! ;)

Recently I got an email notif about the Optical Illusions thread. Clicking these notifs is a waste of time for me, as my machine is not like other machines - nothing happens! So I just wait till it turns up in New Posts.

Except it hasn't! So I tried a search for the Optical Illusions thread, which also turned up nothing! Most annoying, as that's one of my favourite threads.

Can anyone help? Or is the MB screwed?

LOL
Search in 'all forums' type in the full title and 'search everything', and untick the 'search titles only', i think that should do it :p

I told you before, FTMB search has replaced the Google 'I'm feeling lucky' button.

... Search in 'all forums' type in the full title and 'search everything', and untick the 'search titles only', i think that should do it :p

I simply entered " optical illusions ", selected "Search Titles Only", and the Optical Illusions Appreciation Thread was the only hit that came back.

However ...

When I did the same FTMB search on the words "optical illusion" (singular), the only hit I got was an entirely different thread.

... But I got hits on both the previously noted threads when repeating for a 3rd time using a wild card (i.e., " optical illusion* ").

... But I got hits on both the previously noted threads when repeating for a 3rd time using a wild card (i.e., " optical illusion* ").
Good to know - I didn't realise this Search had a wild card option.

Good to know - I didn't realise this Search had a wild card option.

I didn't think so either. I'm not sure when or why I'd begun believing that ...

Right here.

That came right up for me when I checked Chat.

Weird. That's happened with other threads before.

I'm not going potty, the most recent post on Good Stuff Online when I go in through the link is yesterday, which should place it about halfway down page 1 of chat, but this is what I see:
Chat%201_zpsaedrd7we.jpg

Chat 2_zpswcwg8ing.jpg

It also doesn't appear on the next couple of pages either - something is really wappy with the database.

Is anyone else having vanish and reappearing threads?

Let me see what happens after I post on it.

Ok, Good Stuff Online is still invisible to me in chat, even though I just bumped it up.

btw Humour and Jokes is meant to be doubled up in the previous post, I did it so we can clearly see I hadn't missed a thread out the middle. That's not an error.

And even more bizarrely, it still appears properly as 'latest post' on the forum index on the level above.

I know this is a Fortean board but I didn't think that applied to the database and indexing too! :eek:

It also doesn't appear on the next couple of pages either - something is really wappy with the database.
Is anyone else having vanish and reappearing threads? ...

Are you clicking on the 'Recent Posts' option? If you only click on 'New Posts' you'll not see any threads you've been recorded as having visited within the New Posts retrospective timeframe, even if you last visited them in a session that ended only minutes earlier. You have to click on 'Recent Posts' to see all the threads updated within the New Posts retrospective timeframe.

I see what the problem is now.

If the thread starter is on ignore, the whole thread fails to appear at all in the thread list, rather than showing as started by an 'ignored member'.

If I show ignored content, the thread appears again.

Terribly sorry.
Didn't realise I'd upset you again.

The recent Aleshenka thread discusses a tiny humanoid figure, purportedly alien, that appeared 20 years ago in a Russian village. One of the linked pages suggests that the investigating group are also planning a trip to Latin America, where a similar humanoid was discovered in 2003. I am sure there is a thread on the Latin American case, in the course of which it was suggested that the body was that of a mummified premature baby, but I have not been able to find it. Might anyone be able to assist? It may help shed light, even if only dismally, on the Russian case.

Do we have a thread where I can ask Coastaljames about his av, without it being off topic? I suppose I could start one called "Discussion of Coastaljames' Av" but....

Years ago we had a thread where we could ask people questions about their avatar, sig, user name, etc. Has that disappeared? If so, I'm inclined to start a new one. It was a really friendly thread and seemed to bring people together a bit....

A bit back there was a poster with quite long "position paper" posts.

As I remember it he prompted discussion but didn't answer questions particularly.

Can I remember the name or even the forum? stupid question :p

jim? elsevier? lucifer? or nothing like those three apparently random words..... :rolleyes:

A bit back there was a poster with quite long "position paper" posts.

As I remember it he prompted discussion but didn't answer questions particularly.

Can I remember the name or even the forum? stupid question :p

jim? elsevier? lucifer? or nothing like those three apparently random words..... :rolleyes:
Jim E Lucier?

Back