• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

Do we really not have a thread for The Expanse?
Had a search and it gets a few mentions here and there, not an obvious thread though?

As far as I know there's never been a thread specifically dedicated to The Expanse.

Do we have a thread about wonderful maps? I've found discussion of various issues and examples, but a plenary thread?

Didn't we have a Pseud's Corner thread for clippings of the most excessive yet absurd analyses of pretty normal things?

We should have one if we can't find it - I think FartRape could be a useful starter!

I've tried and failed with the search thing, to find a thread about the illustrious D B Cooper of plane-hijacking-and-then-disappearing fame. Does anyone know if there is a thread about him?

Mr Zebra and I were watching a documentary about it just yesterday, and Mr Zebra had a cracking theory which is too good not to share.

A thread about water stuff - whirlpools, odd tides and so on?

Where are the Explorers hiding ? Not necessarily the famous ones, but the Gentleman travellers who struck out to spend less time with their wives and Family. I ran across 'Anthony Fiala' recently, not an Expedition leader but he acted as Photographer and Supply Master on several notable trips.

I have a vague recall of a thread I'd love to read again, only thing is I have only a really vague recollection of it (and I'm not even certain it was on this forum that I read it... but I'm sure one of you esteemed members will recognise it, if it was indeed on here). We're talking something from several years ago now (well before I joined). It keeps popping into my mind of late, so I've resolved to tracking it down.

It was regarding someone (a female poster I believe) who was in her apartment and came to be aware, somehow, that some people she knew (or had come into her life quite recently) were involved in something bad from the past - I want to say that the bad thing was something she'd discovered at first, and then it was only later, that people seemed to start appearing who were linked to it.

As I recall it, the thread went on for quite some time, with things getting slightly more and more serious. I think the person (or persons, I think there was more than one) who came into her life, weren't aware at least not at first, that she knew. But that might have changed. I think this was in the USA. I don't remember a conclusion to the thread (either the person stopped posting or something?) so that's all I can remember.

Now, I know you're all reading this and going "how much coca cola have you been drinking, Zebs?" but I know I've read such a tale... somewhere... and I'm sure it must have been on here.

:sherlock:

Sorry - that's way too vague a set of clues to be of use in a search.

Sorry - that's way too vague a set of clues to be of use in a search.

It is, rather, isn't it.

I was more hoping that maybe someone would recognise the description and magically know which thread it was... see? I have so much faith in the people on here!

I have a vague recall of a thread I'd love to read again, only thing is I have only a really vague recollection of it (and I'm not even certain it was on this forum that I read it... but I'm sure one of you esteemed members will recognise it, if it was indeed on here).

I kind of remember - or have a false memory of it.

Did it stay up or did the mods have to Do Something with it because of concerns about making poor mental health worse?

Well Flora sounds better, but if it isnt just ask the mods to shift it, or ask them now cause i am probably leading you astray

Not a thread but a post: can anyone remember a story about a house where an internal window would appear, with faces looking in through it?
Like a ghost-window. After some research the house was discovered to have been a dancing school at some point, with the internal window used for passing snacks through or watching the class or whatever.

Back