• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Threadfinder General: Lost Threads Located

LaurenChurchill

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Instructions for how to overcome broken internal links and find MIA threads and posts can be found here:

HOW TO FIND Threads & Posts Using Their Internal (Database) IDs
https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...osts-using-their-internal-database-ids.66946/

===================================

Can anyone help me find my thread? *sob* :glum:
I lost it and I don't know where I put it. *sob sob*
I was crapping on about Mayan predictions of doom and it merged with another thread.
There was a link on there about Nostradamus interpretations being subjective and I just realized it would be great for an English assessment that I have to complete on Truth.
Help me!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I say, steady on. We could at least meet for coffee first.

For future reference: if you click on someone's name, it gives you a list of options, one of which is to search for all posts by that person.

Ugh! Tried that. It said I hadn't made any new threads in the last 2 weeks. Maybe because it merged with another thread?
I dunno. Oh well. I found it so I'm happy.
Thanx for your help!

Odd. It didn't do that for me. Oh well, sometimes these websites do odd things.

Glad I could be of help.

My work here is done. [Exits]

or if you click on the little search button underneith the posts you can see all the posts that person has made so you can (if you have the time you can find any post they've made) you can search useing the search option at the top of the page too, put as many words as you can think of spesific to the thread or post and you should easily find it :)

Lost the thread (mods?)

Err. Perhaps i'm missing something but have any of you chaps moved the Jack the Ripper thread?

It's not dead, just resting. :)
An official announcement will follow.

Dark Detective said:
It's not dead, just resting. :)
An official announcement will follow.

Sounds ominous.
Thanks DD.
:)

As we seem to have a thread for tracking down missing threads does anyone know where the thread is on identical letters being sent home from Iraq. The stroy keeps getting more interesting and I have a follow up which is very interesting indeed but no where to post it:

http://www.antiwar.com/justin/j101703.html

It was in the conspiracy section but I can't find it anymore.

Emps

Sally: Thanks for finding it - I tend not to venture into the mainstream news area.

I suppose its not possible to demerge that thread from the larger one as it will just get lost and impossible to follow in an 88+ page active thread and I suspect we haven't yet got to the bottom of the story quite yet?

Emps

I've lost the very recent celtic myths and legends thread.... we'd just got on to defining terms and discussing the homogeneity or otherwise of the celtic tribes as described by romans...

I know it's here but it's always one step ahead of me :)

Kath

Emperor said:
I suppose its not possible to demerge that thread from the larger one as it will just get lost and impossible to follow in an 88+ page active thread
It's no more lost than all the one post threads we can't help but notice you've started, Emps! The sheer volume just pushes them further down the New Posts list.

You would do better in many cases to find a thread with similar stories, and add yours in there. That way previous posters get an email notification about it, and are more likely to notice your post and reply.

No threads are lost unless they are deleted - careful use of Search will find threads or even individual posts.

rynner:

It's no more lost than all the one post threads we can't help but notice you've started, Emps! The sheer volume just pushes them further down the New Posts list.

You would do better in many cases to find a thread with similar stories, and add yours in there.

Point taken on board.

Emps

Er, I guess I *know* the answer, but last year (?) there was a thread that started seemingly innocently enough "Happy Thanksgiving" and disintigrated rather quickly into a flamewar about genocide. I lost track of it and just assumed the thread got locked, but apparently it was deleted in its entirety. Is that so? Apologize for bringing up unpleasant memories.

Adrian Veidt started that thread and he decided to delete it when it got nasty.

I swear in the last week or so someone posted something about a possible update to the disappearance of three children in Adelaide, Australia 40 years ago. I've since seen an update to that on the web, but connot find the original post no-how, as a thread of its own or a merged part of another.

??????????

Yes I've seen that one - it is worth bearing in mind that, as far as I can tell, the search is pretty much useless at the moment (I've had to find known threads by hand). It is out there somewhere though.

Emps

A thread-finder thread! I don't know if there is one already, I can't find it if there is.

Okay, first up, where is the thread discussing simulacra in sonogram photos of babies? Someone posted it within the last couple of weeks, possibly a month, and was talking about images of relatives appearing in the scan photo? And someone else said they were training to be a sonographer. I can't find the thread at all, not using my limited technical abilities, anyway. I tried the obvious, but you lot are better at this stuff.

Recently someone revived a thread about some military gent in Edinburgh who was executed for committing incest and bestiality, but I'm danged if I can find it now!

I wanted to comment that shortly after reading about said gent (of whom I'd never heard before), I came across a mention of the place where he lived in an Ian Rankin novel.... oh, now I just have!

(See my post on this thread for more Rankin synchronicity:
http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewt ... &start=390 )

rynner said:
Recently someone revived a thread about some military gent in Edinburgh who was executed for committing incest and bestiality, but I'm danged if I can find it now!

I wanted to comment that shortly after reading about said gent (of whom I'd never heard before), I came across a mention of the place where he lived in an Ian Rankin novel.... oh, now I just have!

here's the link to the thread you mention: Major Weir's Strange Confession

Keyser Soze said:
*Sobs for Old Thrad* :cry:

What's up Key?

I saw Thrad just yesterday. We were out enjoying the sunshine when he dropped by with Jack. He gave Kal a wooden horse whittled from an oak knot and then they snaffled the chicken carcass from lunch.

After they'd finished he suggested a new line of research for Cujo's next FT article. He then told me to make sure I was online around about threeish today "For sure"...

It'll take him about a week to thumb his way doewn south so I'd expect him sometime tomorrow if I was you.

Niles Calder said:
Keyser Soze said:
*Sobs for Old Thrad* :cry:

What's up Key?

I saw Thrad just yesterday. We were out enjoying the sunshine when he dropped by with Jack. He gave Kal a wooden horse whittled from an oak knot and then they snaffled the chicken carcass from lunch.

After they'd finished he suggested a new line of research for Cujo's next FT article. He then told me to make sure I was online around about threeish today "For sure"...

It'll take him about a week to thumb his way doewn south so I'd expect him sometime tomorrow if I was you.
This morning, at 3.33 and 33 seconds, a pained howl echoed across the valley, bouncing from mountain to mountain, until it reach the eternal halls and towers of Kastle Soze. The door creaked open. I rush down (wearing only my silk pyjamas). Upon the door step, I find a whittled horse. I looked up, and there, silhouetted against the moon, was the hunched figure of Thrad, scuttling into the night.

Fare thee well, Thrad, God speed. :cry:

Back