• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Three Imminent Online Talks From The SPR (22nd Feb & 1/29th March)

Eponastill

Justified & Ancient
They're free to members and £5 each for non-members - if you want to watch them live, so you can ask questions. (All I've been to previously have been very interesting :)
Links to register here:
https://www.spr.ac.uk/publicationsrecordingswebevents/spr-web-events
Also if you scroll down you can watch/listen to previous talks (for free).

Just to say, I can highly and thoroughly recommend Professor Adrian Parker's talk from tonight. He was talking about consciousness. How its various states (in varying degrees of dissociation) might help explain where there seem to be independent thought forms out there (tulpas, characters in lucid dreams and those communicated with in psychedelic states, poltergeists, mediums contacting spirits, ghosts in people's houses, and other examples). Those were the bits that were most interesting to me at least, so maybe you'd get something different from it! But it was really fascinating. I imagine there'll be a link to the recording on the website soon (see above).

Just to say, I can highly and thoroughly recommend Professor Adrian Parker's talk from tonight. He was talking about consciousness. How its various states (in varying degrees of dissociation) might help explain where there seem to be independent thought forms out there (tulpas, characters in lucid dreams and those communicated with in psychedelic states, poltergeists, mediums contacting spirits, ghosts in people's houses, and other examples). Those were the bits that were most interesting to me at least, so maybe you'd get something different from it! But it was really fascinating. I imagine there'll be a link to the recording on the website soon (see above).
Yes I can echo that, I enjoyed it too, along with the other talks that I’ve watched. I think to view the past talks for free though you have to be a member of the SPR?

Back