• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Three Knocks

Here is my knock story for what it's worth:
Some years ago I lived in a flat in a multistory building in San Francisco. Shortly before I moved in, one of the occupants had moved out because he'd been mugged at the front door. It was considered a very dangerous neighborhood.

Everyone who still lived in the building, except me, had been good friends with two other former occupants who had recently gone traveling together and died in a boating accident. All the other occupants had gone to the funeral over the weekend, and I was the only one left in the entire building. It was Memorial Day weekend (US), so every time I turned on the radio to distract myself and have some company, I heard stories about dead people. There was a wind storm, and the entire building sometimes swayed. This added to my nervousness.

Suddenly, during the afternoon, there were three loud knocks at the back door. I thought, "what if it's them coming back to see where they used to live? Or what if it's someone who wants to break in?" I didn't know who I'd be more frightened of. I grabbed a large kitchen knife and opened the door, and there was no one there.

The logical explanation is that the wind did it. I still find it curious because there were subsequent wind storms during the year and a half I lived there, but I never heard any knocking again. There were no weird happenings in the building, and I never had any unpleasant or dangerous encounters in the neighborhood either.

Okay this just happened, don’t know what it means probably nothing at all - thought I’d share it.

10 minutes ago at work I fancied a vape, so I made my way to the stairwell only to find another member of staff there, making what was obviously a private call on his mobile.

Next door to the stairwell is a room that staff use for a variety of reasons, but officially it’s known as the medical room, so I went in there instead.

Closed and locked the door and started to vape. After a few minutes my craving was sated, and just before I made my out there were 3 very light raps on the door, then the handle went down as somebody tried to get in.

I immediately unlocked and opened the door to absolute no-one, mobile man was still in the stairwell, and as the room is in a sort of lobby there was no time for anybody to have walked away without me seeing them.

Odd.

On Monday morning just gone (the morning after my Dad died) I woke up and heard 3 indistinct knocks at the door.
I checked the time - 4:13 am. I didn't get up to check the door...
Just saw this now. Sorry to hear about your Dad, Myth. Nice to know that he came and said goodbye.

About 20 minutes ago - 22:43 - I was tucked up asleep in bed, having had a tiring day and wanting an early night.
Suddenly I was woken by three loud, sharp knocks. Sounded like knuckles on a wooden door.

This was weird because I heard all three knocks, which is unlikely if I was fast asleep.
Also, our glass front door gives a different effect from wood when knocked on.
Finally, there were no more knocks so nobody was trying to get us up, and Techy heard nothing.

Most likely, I had a touch of exploding head syndrome. Nothing supernatural.
Best dealt with by popping downstairs, glancing at the front door and making a sandwich. :cool:

About 20 minutes ago - 22:43 - I was tucked up asleep in bed, having had a tiring day and wanting an early night.
Suddenly I was woken by three loud, sharp knocks. Sounded like knuckles on a wooden door.

This was weird because I heard all three knocks, which is unlikely if I was fast asleep.
Finally, there were no more knocks so nobody was trying to get us up, and Techy heard nothing.

Best dealt with by popping downstairs, glancing at the front door and making a sandwich. :cool:
Or….. by hiding under the covers and thinking, “f*** that for a game of soldiers!”

Ah yes, the Homer Simpson method.

dagwood-sandwich-623688.jpg

There is not much that isn't made better by the addition of a sandwich. And those that aren't, can usually be dealt with with a Hobnob.

:bump:

We have a more serious thread on this subject.

Back