• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Throwing Cheese At Babies

My two-year-old (at the time) caused something of a stir at the queue for the till in Tod Morrisons - she was sitting in the baby seat of the trolley, happily munching away on a spring onion.

I think it is a good thing to give young children very small sample pieces of different food to get them accustomed to different flavours.
I know there have been mixed reactions to breastfeeding on here, but it is apparently an excellent way to accustom infants to different flavours - the milk takes on some characteristic aromas from whatever the mother has been eating recently. Bottle-fed children, however, come to expect the same taste every time, and so are more hesitant. That said, I was bottle-fed, and there isn't much I won't eat (except for meat, due to my hippy-ish ideals), so maybe it evens out over time.

My two-year-old (at the time) caused something of a stir at the queue for the till in Tod Morrisons - she was sitting in the baby seat of the trolley, happily munching away on a spring onion.

My niece was crazy about olives as a toddler and my daughter has been eating curry since she was about three.

I think that a lot of of the subjective tastes that we form are hugely dependent on the conditions under which they are first experienced.

My niece was crazy about olives as a toddler and my daughter has been eating curry since she was about three.

I think that a lot of of the subjective tastes that we form are hugely dependent on the conditions under which they are first experienced.

My niece who is extremely picky loves olives, I mentioned this to friends who have two older children and they said it's quite common, as children don't tend to get much salty food and it's the saltiness of olives that appeals. I think the first time I had one I was maybe 9 or 10 and thought they were disgusting, I notion I have yet to change.

A friend's cat loves cheese but won't touch the plastic packed pre-sliced stuff. It has to see the cheese being sliced off the block and it must be the correct thickness - too thick or too thin will be treated to a display of feline disdain.

A friend's cat loves cheese but won't touch the plastic packed pre-sliced stuff. It has to see the cheese being sliced off the block and it must be the correct thickness - too thick or too thin will be treated to a display of feline disdain.
This is why I'm a dog lover instead. Anything that lives and breathes refusing free food because of correct thickness of slices can do one.

My niece who is extremely picky loves olives, I mentioned this to friends who have two older children and they said it's quite common, as children don't tend to get much salty food and it's the saltiness of olives that appeals. I think the first time I had one I was maybe 9 or 10 and thought they were disgusting, I notion I have yet to change.
Olives are good eating , I can snack on a jar of olives & be happy , olive bread is good & lets not forget the classic martini with 1 or 2 olives :boozing: is it happy hour yet ?

Throwing it at babies is the only use I have for cheese. ...

It's all the rage in spring training this year ...

Throwing+the+Hard+Cheese.jpg

Seeing as this thread is about throwing cheese and because it's Tuesday, I'm reposting this masterpiece of someone's film making ..

Last edited:
But did you follow the instructions to the letter?
I did but I accidentally made a chicken dinner.

I watched them with the sound off, so I dont know what dialogue (if any) there was but even the editing was funny.

I've watched a couple, I think they're all dialogue free.

Lets just hope those babies aren't lactose intolerant eh?

Good point. Were you thinking of this?
Guardian article -
Expert calls death of dairy-allergic boy hit by cheese unprecedented

The death of a schoolboy with a dairy allergy after cheese was thrown at him could be the first known case of its kind, an expert has said.

Karanbir Singh Cheema, 13, known as Karan, went from “absolutely fine” to unconscious in less than 10 minutes after the incident at William Perkin Church of England high school in Greenford, west London, on 28 June 2017.

Dr Adam Fox, a consultant paediatrician brought in by the Metropolitan police to review the case, told an inquest at St Pancras coroner’s court into Karan’s death on Friday that anaphylactic shock brought about by skin contact was “extraordinarily unusual” and he had never heard of it resulting in death.

Imagine having to live with being the kid who did that.

OMG that is horrible, that is one hell of a allergy, poor thing and as you say, the kid that did it must be devastated, unless he's a heartless SOB and uses it to gain rep, does happen

OMG that is horrible, that is one hell of a allergy, poor thing and as you say, the kid that did it must be devastated, unless he's a heartless SOB and uses it to gain rep, does happen

There were two boys involved. One was supplying the cheese and the other flicking it. (I seem to remember reading that cheese was pushed down the back of Karanbir's shirt, which is nasty.)
They both deny being aware of Karanbir's various allergies but at the inquest it was stated that this was common knowledge. If they didn't know, why throw cheese when there'd be other food nearby? They were hoping to frighten him. Bullies.

Yes, there is no doubt now, reading your above post that it was bullying, i guess they never expected the allergy to be that devastating, but still, they should not have done it, question, did the lad not carry an EpiPen, or did they not know his allergy was life threatening to that extent?

Back