• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Throwing Cheese At Babies

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
I really, really have no words. If it's real.

Link here.
Cornwall Live said:
A bizarre new challenge is sweeping the internet - throwing cheese at babies.

The Cheesed Challenge - or cheesing, for short - sees parents hurl slices of American cheese at their infants. While filming it to post on social media for the LOLs, obviously...

Hopefully it won’t take off in Japan. When Blur toured there, Japanese fans were in the habit of throwing appropriate gifts to their fave band members on stage. They found out that Alex James, the bass player, had a cheesemaking business, so they threw Japanese cheese at him.

Unfortunately for James, in Japan cheese is sold in tins.

maximus otter

It's cheese, man. Toxic!

giphy.gif

maximus otter

Hopefully it won’t take off in Japan. When Blur toured there, Japanese fans were in the habit of throwing appropriate gifts to their fave band members on stage. They found out that Alex James, the bass player, had a cheesemaking business, so they threw Japanese cheese at him.

Unfortunately for James, in Japan cheese is sold in tins.

maximus otter

Unfortunate for James, fortunate for my schadenfreude.

We used to have a tramp who'd come into a supermarket I was working in. He'd open the cellophane wrapped around a random block of cheese in a certain area, lick it and the re seal it. It was a highlight for us to our day, especially as we weren't going to be the person that would go on to buy it.

I don't work there anymore but I was talking to an ex co worker and we both admitted that we both still miss him ..

We used to have a tramp who'd come into a supermarket I was working in. He'd open the cellophane wrapped around a random block of cheese in a certain area, lick it and the re seal it. It was a highlight for us to our day...

Not so much of a highlight for your paying customers, who were put at risk of hepatitis B, herpes simplex, streptococcal infections, gum disease...

https://www.verywellhealth.com/kiss-of-deathor-diseases-1958924

maximus otter

I really, really have no words. If it's real.

Link here.

American 'cheese' has one and one purpose alone: to be melted on the patty of a fat hamburger. It that capacity, where gooeyness and the faintest of sweet milky tang is all that is required, it serves adequately.

If it is not performing that purpose, it may as well be thrown somewhere.

Couple of years back the fad was to give a baby or toddler a slice of lemon and film their reaction. I'm pretty sure I'd slap anyone I saw doing that.

Oh, I remember doing that to a neighbours kid when I was about 12! No internet then, just the wireless, my elder sisters' L.P.s and feeding lemons to babies. The reaction is fantastic though, and some actually like it.

Couple of years back the fad was to give a baby or toddler a slice of lemon and film their reaction. I'm pretty sure I'd slap anyone I saw doing that.
Dill pickles to toddlers (my nieces and nephews). First taste and their expressions were funny. But then they'd like it. My whole family loves pickles, particularly green olives.:embryo:

Two of my young nieces love cheese. They are two and three year old.

It has become a kind of ritual.

As soon as they come into the house they point at the fridge. I then take out a block of Cathedral City mature Chedder and cut off a couple of paper thin slices for them. The younger one then has to have a thin slice of chorizo to follow.

Happens every time they visit.

I think it is a good thing to give young children very small sample pieces of different food to get them accustomed to different flavours.

INT21.

I gave my nephew some curry when he was about 4. He took a bite then asked "Is this minty or spicy?" I said it was spicy and he said "Oh good, 'cos I don't like minty."
When he finished he said "Now, when can I make really loud, smelly farts?"

Back