Thylacines (Post-1936 Sightings)

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
I think what looks like an ear on the small animal may be a piece of vegetation. I think there are still thylacines on Tasmania and quite possibly New Guinea but this ain't a pic of one.

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score
Nick Walters' 'thylacine' shots. Small animal looks ambiguous to me the big one is a pademelon. I've seen enough of them to recgongnize it. Nothing here suggests a Tasmanian wolf.
This is just sad. Nothing here reasonably suggests a thylacine.

The YouTube vid is monetized. I can't help but be really cynical about this. It's just not right.

maximus otter

Recovering policeman
Reaction score
Nick Walters' 'thylacine' shots. Small animal looks ambiguous to me the big one is a pademelon. I've seen enough of them to recgongnize it. Nothing here suggests a Tasmanian wolf.
Who positioned those trail cams, Stevie Wonder? For goodness’ sake, ensure that they have a clear field of view!

maximus otter

Andy Saunders

Junior Acolyte
Reaction score
To be honest the images are embarrassing dear Lord, he has more front than Sainsury's that Mr Water's.

Last edited:

WeirdExeter

Devoted Cultist
Reaction score
Hmmm

All the experts being asked leading questions rather than seeking their actual opinion of what they might be, the monetising of the site, the dreadful camera angles.... not good is it?

Sharon Hill

Complicated biological machine
Reaction score
Hmmm

All the experts being asked leading questions rather than seeking their actual opinion of what they might be, the monetising of the site, the dreadful camera angles.... not good is it?
Yet it gained an obscene amount of attention. That's the way of things these days. Quality and credibility hardly counts. It's all about the hype.

oldrover

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
In the midst of all of this a very important historical image has come to light. On one group two threads on Water's bury camera-trap pics received 151 and 90 comments, a thread on the genuine photograph received four.

Not many people like thylacines, but an awful lot like mysteries, that's why this has gained attention, it's got nothing to do with that poor extinct marsupial.

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
This is just sad. Nothing here reasonably suggests a thylacine.

The YouTube vid is monetized. I can't help but be really cynical about this. It's just not right.
Me neither, who thing is as fishy as Billinsgate Market.

lordmongrove

Justified & Ancient
Reaction score
RIP Bill Morgan, lovely bloke and Tasmanian wolf witness. I interviewed him with Mike Williams in 2016. He as one of a car full of people who saw a Tasmanian wolf in the 70s early one morning whilst driving to work at the Hydro Electric Commission. The animal was seen on the Echo Lake road and in view for about six minutes. 98 bloody good innings.