• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
In 2012 he spent five weeks on the Apple Isle and has captured footage of what he and others believe are the famed thylacines.

Yet there are others again who think he's a bit of a flange.

Incidentally as I sit here seething at the bilge that this spanner has on his website Karl Shuker is on the TV on a re-run of 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire?', he gets his thylacine facts from Wikipedia as well.

Of course, there's an obvious explanation for any cryptozoological or other supernatural sightings near Byron. Even more so for the sighting near Nimbin linked on that page.

Anome_ said:
Of course, there's an obvious explanation for any cryptozoological or other supernatural sightings near Byron. Even more so for the sighting near Nimbin linked on that page.
Which is?

Monstrosa said:
Anome_ said:
Which is?

Both Byron and Nimbin are famous for, ah, "herbal" substances...

Indeed, Nimbin hosts an annual Mardi-Grass.

They spend half the time pissing about at the garage.

Eh?

That was fantastic, it was great to see a younger Eric Guiler. Well done thanks for posting.

I've no idea how old this picture is but I think it's one of the most beautiful photos I've seen. It can't have been around long, as it pops up now in the images section for the search term 'Tasmanian wolf pictures', and believe me I've looked at those results many, many times over the years.

Anyway here it is;

http://images.library.amnh.org/digital/ ... 095913.jpg

International team hopes to settle thylacine mystery once and for all

An international team of naturalists from the Centre for Fortean Zoology has arrived in Tasmania for the first in a series of well-resourced and professional expeditions into Tasmania's wilderness to hunt for evidence of the Tasmanian tiger.

Although the animal was officially declared extinct in the 1980s, reports of thylacine sightings are still common and expedition leader Mike Williams from NSW has high hopes that they can find something.

http://www.themercury.com.au/news/tasma ... 6749322972

Those that post in this section regularly will have a particular interest in this expedition because one them is on it.

So good luck Lordmongrove, I'd love you to prove me wrong.

Wow, this is big news.

I'm a believer that it's still out there, based on the last 10 years worth of evidence which makes a strong case (in my opinion).

I've been on similar outings and some paranormal outings and swear that the secret to finding something elusive is to have everyone split off on their own and sit and wait for several hours at a time in remote places. It's not for everyone. In my opinion the #1 mistake people make is stomping around in huge groups and no doubt doing more talking than listening\looking.

Good luck out there!!

I'm a believer that it's still out there, based on the last 10 years worth of evidence which makes a strong case (in my opinion).

Any time you want to debate this. :furious:

Although seriously I only mean ;)

Thanks Oldrover
i'm typing this from a library in a tiny Tasmanian town. Back in the UK on sunday. Still got camera trap photos to look at. Interviwed witnesses including a government licenced shooter who saw it twice. There will be a detailed write up soon. Also have intresting scat samples.
This is the first of a planned series of expeditions.
All the best Rich

The museum of natural history in New York City is a curious place if you ever go looking for the Tasmanian tiger specimen. I've tried twice, and on both occasions found myself in the presence of mystified museum workers who'd never heard any of the names I listed, and on both occasions gave me the "wait here, I'll go check" routine while they connected with higher level museum staff, always returning back to say they had no specimen, even in a back room or storage area.

The page not found message is quite ironic for me.

Human_84 said:
The museum of natural history in New York City is a curious place if you ever go looking for the Tasmanian tiger specimen. I've tried twice, and on both occasions found myself in the presence of mystified museum workers who'd never heard any of the names I listed, and on both occasions gave me the "wait here, I'll go check" routine while they connected with higher level museum staff, always returning back to say they had no specimen, even in a back room or storage area.

I went to that museum in December, it was shockingly bad. The staff were literally clueless about everything. I had trouble trying to find one of the famous signature exhibits, but out of the four staff I asked nobody knew what I was talking about!

I think it's just a thing with that museum in general; the staff couldn't care less.

Child's essay masquerading as an article. Read his background on the contributor's list.

I did call it really weak but I've changed that, it wasn't fair the kid is obviously just enthusiastic. Shame though that his enthusiasm doesn't extent to researching his subjects. The text contains some glaring errors and I'm really not sure why it was published.

This has actualy been done in Vietnam by Copenhagen University. They found DNA from rare animals like the Annimite rabbit.

Fair enough it's a very valid point to raise, my objection is purely to the Tasmanian Geographic link.

Have you read it?

I don't think this is a hoax, isn't this thyla-mouse thing that was widely reported a few years ago.

Yes, i thought it was ok.
Tom Gilbert does are DNA stuff for free at Copenhagen and Lars Thomas is the hair expert.

Back