• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Lords vs Jedi - smackdown in Norfolk

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
I can't believe no-one's posted this yet!

Now, I like Star Wars. And then again, I like Dr Who. But which is better?

There's only one way to find out..

Who Obi-wans some?

COPS were called to break up squabbling Star Wars fans and Doctor Who buffs amid a bust-up at a sci-fi convention.The enthusiasts squared up to each other dressed as a Sith Lord, Judge Dredd — and two incarnations of the telly Time Lord.

And police arrived at the family event organised by the Norwich Star Wars Club after one fan allegedly told another he would “knock his f****** head off”.
Months of bad blood caused by their competing conventions boiled over after members of the rival Norwich Sci Fi Club turned up on an autograph-hunting mission.

NSFC treasurer Jim Poole, 44, attended the 4th Norwich Sci-Fi and Film Convention with three pals.
But he sparked fury by asking The Bill actor Graham Cole — a former Doctor Who Cyberman — for his signature. (the bastard! -stu)
NSWC president Richard Walker, 63, said he ordered Jim to leave before placing a hand on his arm and guiding him from the fair.

He said: “I asked what he was doing there. I told him I wanted him to go as he’d caused enough trouble in the past. But he refused to leave.
“It was more or less an argument. It was wrong for him to come in and cause a scene. There has been a long-running saga.” IT engineer Jim — also a Star Trek fan — said: “I called the police as I believed I was the victim of a common law assault. “Mr Walker was abusive and threatening, saying he’d ‘knock my f****** head off’.

But after viewing CCTV footage of Sunday’s incident at the University of East Anglia, officers decided Jim had not been assaulted and asked him and his friends to leave. They also urged the rivals to stay out of each other’s way.

Jim, of Lowestoft, Suffolk, insisted he attended the convention “in good faith” to collect autographs for a Doctor Who signature diary ahead of a charity auction.

We shall double our efforts! ;)

I hope so for your sake; the Emporer is not as forgiving as I am.

even though I've no idea where Emps is... no-one's seen him for yonks..

stuneville said:
I hope so for your sake; the Emporer is not as forgiving as I am.

even though I've no idea where Emps is... no-one's seen him for yonks..

We stopped believing in him.

Back