• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

My reply to your responses

Thank you for your feedback.

As for Lutzman’s remarks, at the time of the event I did consider the possibility of them finishing and winding up for the day, (it was during the morning). But as I said, when I returned to the station a few minutes later to have a peep I was surprised by how quickly they had disappeared from the station. In fact, I even made a point of spending a little time looking for them. I searched the streets for a van or some kind of vehicle, which would obviously have the film company or fashion photographer’s name on it, but there was no sign of such a vehicle. I even looked around to see if either of the two ladies might be walking around to stretch their legs, and also for workers who might have removed the board, but again there was nothing. Not even a station porter to oversee the clearing up process. I then followed the only road that led into and out of the road where the station was, and then into town for signs of a film company vehicle that might have been caught in the traffic. Again it drew a blank. In fact, if there were such a vehicle, surely I would have noticed it on the way back to the station.

As for the two cameramen, I honestly can’t say for certain how they were dressed. All I consciously remember is two men in what appeared to be jacket and trousers standing by a tripod and camera that stood almost as tall as they were. However, having said that, when I think back to the scene my subconscious mind seems to kick in with an image of two Edwardian men wearing plus-fours standing by a tripod with a large box camera with a concertina lens.

As for the idea of stepping back and being photographed at the turn of the century by the two men, this did actually cross my mind too. I was saying only recently to my two now grown-up children, wouldn’t be fantastic if I could find some old photos of Windsor Station where it shows an image of a young man in clothes that didn’t fit in with the time period. I had long hair in the seventies, which would certainly be out of place at the turn of the century.

If such a photo did exist, then it would be a tremendous breakthrough giving evidence that timeslips are real, and that those in the past can see us in our time as well as us seeing them in their time.

Thanks for your comments, Lutzman.

With regards to Ms Indigo’s remarks of a waxworks at the station set in the time of Queen Victoria’s Golden Jubilee. There was no such set-up while I was working in Windsor during the early seventies. I made visits to the station quite frequently and never saw any sign of a waxworks display. So I don’t think it even comes into the equation.

There was one other point of interest that I didn’t mention in the story. When I left the station building and entered into the street, I remember being hit by a feeling of returning to the modern ‘hustle & bustle’ and ‘noise’ of modern-day life. The contrast was quite striking. There is only answer, which is, there’s a high probability that it was timeslip.

Before signing of, I would again, for the third time, like to repeat my request to hear from those who have experienced a timeslip. It’s so important that we get these events catalogued for research purposes and for future reference. Your report will be taken seriously, not be ridiculed, and your name will not be published in order to protect your privacy.

Ron.

Time Recordings

By the way, as an addition to, and as part of, my timeslip investigations I have recently begun experimenting with an idea of using a tape recorder and a laptop computor to pick up sounds of the past. As most of you probably know, there are some that dabble in what’s called EVPs, (Electronic Voice Phenomena). This is where people set up a tape recorder to record voices from beyond the grave.

Now, I’m not saying that the voices picked are not voices from the dead. But after reading about EVPs I considered the possibility that some of the results may in fact be voices or sounds of the past that have been trapped by matter and replayed under special conditions by the environment and recorded on tape.

I remember a few years ago, a scientist theorised that sound may leave patterns on soft matter. In one experiment, he used an oil painting created by a world famous artist – I think it was Rembrandt. It was suggested that while the artist was painting, his canvas became covered in soft oils, which was exposed to sounds from the surrounding environment, including Rembrandt's own voice while he was painting. The vibration of sound was believed to leave a frequency pattern on the surface of the oil in a similar way to sound leaving frequency patterns on records. The theory was, if a laser could be set up to read the frequency patterns on the painting in a similar way it reads CDs or other similar discs, then it might be possible to replay a portion of Rembrandt’s conversation, or sounds from his environment.

I cannot for the life of me remember the scientist’s name, and I never read nor heard the follow up of his results, so I can’t say whether or not his experiments were a success. Regardless of that, his theory certainly had a good dose of logic to it, and is the basis of my own thoughts on time recordings from the environment. That is why I feel perhaps some EVP recordings, and even so called ghosts, may be nothing more than replays of sound or images of the past. If that is the case, then time replays are a common event and there must be a way to tap into the past using modern electronic equipment. I’m not a believer in physical time travel, but I do believe that one day we will develop the ability of becoming time observers, seeing the past within our present.

As far as my experiments are concerned, I can honestly say I have been very surprised and excited with the results I have had so far. I have something that sounds like a drone of World War 2 aircraft flying overhead, the sound of a child crying followed by a gruff voice saying, 'get her out of here'. On another session I picked up a whispery voice saying 'please help me', and another that sounds like the name, 'David'. They are not stray sounds picked up from outside, as I carry out the experiments late at night when all is quite. And they are not sounds from previous recordings - I use new, clean, unused tapes for each recording. The sounds are not obvious at first, but once they have been processed with a sound filter they become more clearer.

Ron.

EVPs are an exciting phenomenon (quite reminiscent of the old BBC drama "The Stone Tape). I read some while back of a leading paranormal investigator (it might have been Peter Underwood, but I can't swear to it), who left a tape running on a windowsill overnight, and when it was played back it seemed to have recorded the sound of a school-choir!

Just one other thing, have you found when looking into time-slips that the quietness you experienced is quite common? The ones I've read often seem to generate that impression.

EVPs and Timeslips

Ms Indigo.

Yes, I agree. EVPs are indeed an exciting area of investigation. I think we need to be careful though when interpreting the results of a recording. Any of the sounds or apparent voices that are picked up might be the result of what I call the, ‘random factor’. Some can easily convince themselves that what is seen or heard is a voice when in fact it isn’t. For example, have you ever looked up at the sky and tried to form pictures of faces and animals out of cloud shapes, or even without trying, you notice a recognisable shape. That’s what I mean by the ‘random factor’. They have nothing to do with the paranormal, but instead are a natural phenomenon created by the random mixture of matter, such as leaves, clouds, rubbish, textures etc.
I have seen a number of photos that have an image of Christ or some other ghostly figure created by the way leaves and snow or clouds gather together; and as I enjoy painting flowers, landscapes and a few abstracts as a hobby I decided to test my ‘random factor’ theory. I wondered, if I splashed colours onto a sheet of paper in a random manner, would they produce recognisable shapes. I produced two paintings and then took a few digital photos of the results, uploaded them onto my laptop and then played with the brightness and contrast of the images as well as cropping them. Out of those two paintings I could see 8 faces, of which two looked very ghostly and a third appearing as an image of Satan himself. Now, if I presented these images to those who enjoy the paranormal, and not tell them how they were produced, they would in all probability regard them as something mysterious and unexplainable – and that’s what I mean when I talk of being careful with EVPs. It’s so easy to convince ourselves that a sound coming from a cassette tape is a voice from the dead, when in fact it might be nothing more than a ‘random factor’. I have heard EVPs by other people that are supposed to be voices, but because I had to listen really hard to the sounds in order to convince my brain that they were indeed words tend to create an element of doubt of its reality. I tend to class these types of recordings as ‘random factors’. But then, there are those that cannot be classed a ‘random factors’. They can be understood reasonably well and are in all probability a real phenomenon.
As for your query about the quietness of timeslips, yes, these do appear to be a common factor. Some have experienced a timeslip where images of the past are seen but with no sounds and smells; while at the other end of the spectrum, some have heard sounds of galloping horses, carts running over cobbled stones, sounds of a battle where cries and guns are heard etc., yet there are no images of the scenes. It’s as though time had lost some of its recording. As an example, take situations where some have claimed to have seen headless ghosts of people and headless horses. Again, to me the logical answer is, they were timeslips; that is images of the past but with part of the recording missing.

It’s all very fascinating indeed.

Ron.

I wonder how many people considered 'missing' every year just go into the past-or the future-and are never heard from us again?

-Fitz

There's there's this and a lot of other cases in 'The Masks of Time' Joan Forman (1978).

Jenny Randles did a couple of books Time Travel' and 'Time Storms' which cover some of these cases.

I need some help! I have been especially facinated by "time slips" since reading about the "two laidies at Versailles" in some "Strange Phenomena for Children"book.

However, there seem to be very few books written on the topic. I tried to find "The Masks of Time" on Amazon, with no success.

Can anyone suggest any other books with accounts of this phenomena?

The Hover bus story sounds very much like a short story by John Wydham. I've got in a compliation book called the 'The Best of John Wydham' Sorry folks.....

( Ihave to write short posts as I keep being logged out)

The John Wydham story is about bus loads of time travellers gawking at people from the past. The 'past' being our present

Fitz said:
I wonder how many people considered 'missing' every year just go into the past-or the future-and are never heard from us again?

-Fitz

:eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!: :eek!!!!:

Sssscccaaarrryyy.

I wonder if when involved in a time-slip, you just 'blip' out of the present?
Say for example, when I had my weird experience (link earlier in this thread) - I wonder if anybody watching from one of the houses down the road would have seen me just walking along, momentarily acting strangely then carrying on as normal, or if I just disappeared from view then re-appeared (assuming of course it was a time-slip).

Can someone please give me any info on this as I have experienced time slips a couple of times and want to know how? why? what? caused it and what does it mean? was it real? Ya know, that kinda thing. Am I just crazy? :eek!!!!:

Sweeswee x

;)

When I had one of my time slips, a friend was with me and she said I just looked faint for a matter of seconds although in the place which I visited I was there for longer than that - but only for around a couple of minutes not hours.

Sweeswee x

(Wow, that sounds so matter-of-fact doesn't it? :laughing: )

Well it's hardly a well documented scientific phenomena, anything your told about the how, why and what will likely just be guesses (educated or otherwise).

How about you tell us about your experiences and we work from there?

-Kornflake™

Jenny Randle(s?) put together an excellent book called Time Storms that handles some aspects of the time slip phenomena.

Recommended reading.

do tell us in more detail, please! sounds fascinting.

I would also like to here more about your experiences.

I don't want to alarm you but have you seen your doctor about that? My friend used to go 'blank' at times. Sometimes it can be like having a tiny brain seizure (but not a dangerous thing I don't think - a petit mal seizure?)

Epona's right. See your doctor, sweeswee, or we'll all worry about you. :)

Doctor Occupant said:
Jenny Randle(s?) put together an excellent book called Time Storms that handles some aspects of the time slip phenomena.

I wouldn't say it was excellent. Rubbish would be more like it. I normally like her books but that one seemed half-baked, as though she'd milked Ufology for everything and decided to try something else to fill a few pages. :hmph:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't think it was a petit mal though my brain is addled, hehe. I went into a small victorian(?) house where there was a family preparing dinner and the fire was on in the fireplace, there was food on the table and the husband looked at me - he was sat at the table reading a paper, kids everywhere man, well 3 or 4. They didn't seem particularly well off or anything, just a normal family. I've always had precognition, premonitions etc. which have come true but never anything like that. Only had one since too. That was about 3 summers ago.

Sweeswee x

p.s. I will let them in my brain when I donate it to science after I'm gone :p

Hello again :)

There were two main occurrences, I think it was 3 summers ago both in St James cemetery beneath the Anglican Cathedral Liverpool. A friend and I used to go there a lot when the weather was nice coz it's the only calm place in the city centre (where I used to live) so we used to take our lunch over and sunbathe; I'm sure God didn't mind.
One time we were trundling around looking at the gravestones, as you do - 'Ooh isn't that one pretty? OOH, didn't they die young?' blah de blah - and we were over by the small vaults and I was saying how I wanted one, hehe, no boring old headstone for me when I pop off, and when I touched the corner of the tomb I went into a house. Okay, let me explain. As well as I can. :nonplus:
At one moment I was in the cemetery, the next I was in a living room. A small living room/kitchen with a big wooden table and a fireplace and food on the table; bread, milk etc. and I remember how hot the room was coz the fire was crackling away and how it was dark outside so I thought it felt like a winter night. Sat at the table reading a paper was a dark-haired man in a white shirt and trousers with a moustache and sideburns and his hair brushed back, and his wife was bringing food to the table. There was a baby on the floor, around 9months-1yr old and 2 or 3 other children in the room playing. The man stared right at me and then his wife turned to look too :eek!!!!: and although the place was as real as I am I must have consciously known I was still in the graveyard on a sunny afternoon coz without thinking I pulled my hand away from the tomb and they were gone. Hello?
I have had psychic/paramormal/ghosties experiences on and off since I was a child and sometimes when I've touched a person or a possession I get feelings about a person or situation and sometimes I've had the opportunity to find out if I was right but never before were they that vivid; like a scene from a play. Usually it'll be a word or two, or a picture in my mind and that's it, The thing is; was it a time slip, because it didn't last hours, i was with my friend the whole time, was it a memory from the residual energy where the family were buried (we read on the tomb that it was a family vault, or was it something else??? Most people I know are sceptics so I haven't been able to get a balanced opinion x:(

Sweeswee x :confused:

p.s. the other time was when my friend and I saw the ghost of a teenage girl; we didn't go anywhere but we lost two and a half hours. I'll elaborate in my next post.

No offence implied - I hope none taken. Even if you were having such a thing, I'm not discounting that what you were experiencing - that could indeed have been a bona fide view of another time. If your brain does unusual things that most people's don't, then indeed you might be privy to seeing things that most of us can't access.

Now you should tell us about your other experience!

Seeswee, did your friend notice anything? I mean, did you seem to fade or disappear or anything? Did the couple actually seem to see you or were they just looking in your direction? It's been over a year since you posted to this last; I hope you're still following it. ;)

This is an excellent story. Sweeswee if you are still reading, did you ever post your other experience?

I sometimes wonder whether all ghost sightings are timeslips, or loops in time (I'm sure plenty of people have thought the same thing). Don't some scientists think that time either slows down or speeds up towards the outer reaches of the universe, or is it that space "bends"? I'm just demonstrating my severe lack of knowledge, and people should not give opinions on things they don't understand. But ANYWAY, I'm going to. :?

My half-baked point is, if time and space influence each other, maybe neither of them is as fixed as we suppose, and maybe they are dynamic and changeable here on earth too. Perhaps there can be "flaws".

Perhaps alien sightings are actually future people.

But there is an obvious flaw in this theory - why then does no one see "ghosts" of 1980s people, or 2030 people (which presumably would look just like us but with clothing/fashions we have not see before).

Oh well, I like the idea anyway. :D

lard said:
This is an excellent story. Sweeswee if you are still reading, did you ever post your other experience?

I sometimes wonder whether all ghost sightings are timeslips, or loops in time (I'm sure plenty of people have thought the same thing). Don't some scientists think that time either slows down or speeds up towards the outer reaches of the universe, or is it that space "bends"? I'm just demonstrating my severe lack of knowledge, and people should not give opinions on things they don't understand. But ANYWAY, I'm going to. :?

My half-baked point is, if time and space influence each other, maybe neither of them is as fixed as we suppose, and maybe they are dynamic and changeable here on earth too. Perhaps there can be "flaws".

Perhaps alien sightings are actually future people.

But there is an obvious flaw in this theory - why then does no one see "ghosts" of 1980s people, or 2030 people (which presumably would look just like us but with clothing/fashions we have not see before).

Oh well, I like the idea anyway. :D

Lard, the ghost of my grandmother was seen....very visible.....and she died in 1981.
I have recently been presented with the theory that when seeing a ghost, it is like a tape recording of that time and place in the ghosts life ( when it was alive), When we see it, it is like playing the tape. So yes, perhaps ghost sightings are time slips of some sort.

OK, scratch my no '80s ghosts theory. :)

I suppose I was thinking more of random sort of sightings where the ghost is not known to the person. You know where you hear of sightings of people in Victorian period dress, but not usually of people in fluoro socks and ra-ra skirts. One of my friends supposedly sees dead people wearing strange clothes, but he is quite an odd guy, so "strange" to him could mean anything.

Yes I have heard the tape theory too, and also a theory that houses/walls (I think particularly made of stone?) can absorb energy of a particular event, and sort of "replay" it later.

My mother sees dead relatives all the times during times of great change, but none of them have ever been in that portion of the house (it wasn't built yet and has no stone walls). Her mother usually will show up looking sorrowful a night or so before someone in the family (even extended) is seriously hurt or killed. Her mother has even showed up smiling just before the birth of a grandchild. My mother's brother showed up a few months ago pointing at his mouth and laughing just before I had major dental problems that I quickly recovered from. My mom has had these visions so often that she takes them in stride and doesn't seem too concerned when she has them.

Back