• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

ive been thinking about timeslips recently

maybe timeslips ≃ deja vu ?

ive been thinking about timeslips recently

maybe timeslips ≃ deja vu ?

I'm inclined to think not. But I think I know what you mean. The concept that a human brain could have absorbed information about a place and its past, forgotten about it, but then recalled it at a later date.

So, for example, knowing that a shop used to sell something different from what it sells now. Or knowing that a pub used to stand on this spot. Or knowing that this village was once awarded a Britain in Bloom award.

It's not implausible that knowledge of these places or experiences has somehow been absorbed by the brain, forgotten about, and then somehow been recalled to the forefront of the brain as some kind of visual and/or auditory hallucination.

It wouldn't, however, explain cases where a physical component has been involved. Consuming food or drink. Buying things. Harder also to explain when a second or third individual also shares the experience.

I mean group hallucination is not implausible. But I personally find it harder to suspend disbelief at that point. :)

I'm inclined to think not. But I think I know what you mean. The concept that a human brain could have absorbed information about a place and its past, forgotten about it, but then recalled it at a later date. ...

That's certainly one interpretation of how time slips may result from a deja vu style experience. However, I'm not sure that's what henry meant.

For example - one could just as easily suppose henry was insinuating the time slip experience was itself a deja vu or equivalent false memory.

henry:

Can you describe in more detail what aspect(s) of deja vu (or similar experience) you see as relevant to reported time slips?

That's certainly one interpretation of how time slips may result from a deja vu style experience. However, I'm not sure that's what henry meant.

For example - one could just as easily suppose henry was insinuating the time slip experience was itself a deja vu or equivalent false memory.

henry:

Can you describe in more detail what aspect(s) of deja vu (or similar experience) you see as relevant to reported time slips?
I'm not sure what Henry is getting at either, but in any case, I'm not so sure that "deja vu" = "false memory".

The notion of 'deja vu' has become so bent out of shape that some reported instances end up being framed and debated in terms of incorrect and false memories. Conversely, the originally broad and general label 'false memory' has come to be narrowly defined with respect to (e.g.) regression therapy and traumatic past experiences.

I can't think of any play on the concept of deja vu which doesn't imply partial or total reliance on memory for framing the purported implications of an anomalous incident (time slip or otherwise ...).

Memory is clearly central to every report of an experience. As I see it, one theory of deja view (that some kind of delay in processing a stimulus leads to the memory processing preceding the perceptual experience and producing the feeling that you have experienced it before) has come to dominate our thinking, when nobody has explained which mechanisms are malfunctioning and how, let alone done any experimental studies to confirm it! It sounds plausible, but that's all. My own theory is that we may be remembering precognitive dreams, but I have no firm evidence either....

Agreed ...

There are multiple spins on the deja vu phenomenon, leading to multiple ways deja vu might relate to time slip reports. For example, one might postulate that a retrospective time slip experience could be a deja vu experience that escalated to the point one doesn't just believe current perceptions repeat something encountered earlier, but proceeds to believe he / she is somehow actually / literally shifted into the past.

It's more difficult to figure out how deja vu may relate to alleged slips into the future.

That's why I'm interested in learning more about henry's take on a possible connection between time slip experiences and deja vu.

Agreed ...

There are multiple spins on the deja vu phenomenon, leading to multiple ways deja vu might relate to time slip reports. For example, one might postulate that a retrospective time slip experience could be a deja vu experience that escalated to the point one doesn't just believe current perceptions repeat something encountered earlier, but proceeds to believe he / she is somehow actually / literally shifted into the past.

It's more difficult to figure out how deja vu may relate to alleged slips into the future.

That's why I'm interested in learning more about henry's take on a possible connection between time slip experiences and deja vu.
And to add to the complications, how would this relate to those cases where the witness doesn't realise he/she has had a time slip until after it's over?

And to add to the complications, how would this relate to those cases where the witness doesn't realise he/she has had a time slip until after it's over?

Good point! Delayed realization pushes everything into the shaky realm of memory ... :willy:

but really there is only memory ... been at a funeral today

one might postulate that a retrospective time slip experience could be a deja vu experience that escalated to the point one doesn't just believe current perceptions repeat something encountered earlier, but proceeds to believe he / she is somehow actually / literally shifted into the past

this is pretty much what i meant, an interior experience not unlike deja vu, which no matter how we subjectively describe deja vu, if youve felt it, you know how convincing it is, its real as anything

could be catalysed by surroundings, not necessarily prior knowledge but perhaps suggestion

either way its experienced solo, no more capable of being truly shared than deja vu

so corroboration is just people going along with it

Here's my final report on the Rougham vanishing house mystery:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2bci69we0ji3avi/THE ROUGHAM MYSTERY.pdf?dl=0

Comments appreciated!
currently reading it
but i have to say i dont agree with a bunch of points (my personal theory is that its all interdimensional and that torsion fields are trash science)
however i have to say that you ruined your credibility a lot by mentioning the "bell" and then running full speed into irrational conspiracy territory

Well, there are quite a few multi witness cases, so I think its more than "going along with it" -- in fact, that aspect would have to be telepathy.

currently reading it
but i have to say i dont agree with a bunch of points (my personal theory is that its all interdimensional and that torsion fields are trash science)
however i have to say that you ruined your credibility a lot by mentioning the "bell" and then running full speed into irrational conspiracy territory
Of course, you are entitled to your point of view. I'm not sure where I have got into conspiracy territory though..

folie à deux

It's not implausible. But there are a number of accounts in this thread which have involved 2 or more people. For example the Coachman story from King's Lynn which involved 3 people, the Iowa lift home from the past which involved 3, or the Avignon Hotel experience which involved 4 people.

The more people who are involved the harder I find it to believe that a mass hallucination is the cause. Its easier to pass off something like the Paris in Haiti story as being like that. A wife corroborating what her husband claims, but without going into much detail beyond 'I saw it too'. But if you have multiple people who are able to give more detailed explanation of what they experienced - and those details match up - it's much harder to justify like that.

Of course it's always going to be difficult to get testimony from those individuals separately. And to compare accounts of the same events in take in isolation from the rest of the 'group'. :)

there we go just finished reading it!
and i must say, it got better after the bell part, way better
but i still think you should remove it or place in an adenddum as doubtfull information
Have you read Witkowski's book? There's nothing doubtful about the existence of the Bell: the main point of contention is what it was intended to do. It was the only research project in Nazi Germany to carry the classification "Decisive for the War."

Have you read Witkowski's book? There's nothing doubtful about the existence of the Bell: the main point of contention is what it was intended to do. It was the only research project in Nazi Germany to carry the classification "Decisive for the War."
witkowski's source are very likely suplying him with misinformation, the nazis neither had an antigravity device neither an time machine, though i am pretty sure both USA and russian have the former nowdays

His sources included a high ranking member of the Polish government! I have no idea how you can make a sweeping dismissal like that. Actually, whether they had succeeded in either field propulsion or time travel, we don't know -- but I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans had acquired info from Kammler and the famous "UFO crashes" of the 40s were the results of their own experimentation with the concept. And I doubt that Kammler "killed himself" while under house arrest (after his earlier "suicides" in the closing stages of the war).

His sources included a high ranking member of the Polish government! I have no idea how you can make a sweeping dismissal like that. Actually, whether they had succeeded in either field propulsion or time travel, we don't know -- but I wouldn't be surprised if the Americans had acquired info from Kammler and the famous "UFO crashes" of the 40s were the results of their own experimentation with the concept. And I doubt that Kammler "killed himself" while under house arrest (after his earlier "suicides" in the closing stages of the war).
that was his mission: make the nazis greater than they were by spreading fake information to authors

Arguably the most dramatic future slip was from Liverpool. A young man at a disco in I think the 60s was given some pill, which he thought was a purple heart (drinamyl), which left him feeling dazed and sick. He went out for some air and was helped by a stunningly beautiful girl in very revealing clothing. He noticed that there was a kind of shopping centre nearby that he had never seen before. In subsequent years he has seen the shopping centre built where he saw it, and fashions have become more revealing and similar to the girl's. He is anticipating that the time he visited will soon be here!

Arguably the most dramatic future slip was from Liverpool. A young man at a disco in I think the 60s was given some pill, which he thought was a purple heart (drinamyl), which left him feeling dazed and sick. He went out for some air and was helped by a stunningly beautiful girl in very revealing clothing. He noticed that there was a kind of shopping centre nearby that he had never seen before. In subsequent years he has seen the shopping centre built where he saw it, and fashions have become more revealing and similar to the girl's. He is anticipating that the time he visited will soon be here!
very interesting, the pill that he ingered remenber me of some abduction rports were the witnesses was given an "fake" tasting drink in the UFO and woke up back at the car after the experience with no idea how they got back to the car

very interesting, the pill that he ingered remenber me of some abduction rports were the witnesses was given an "fake" tasting drink in the UFO and woke up back at the car after the experience with no idea how they got back to the car
Yes. Odd that it was green in colour, and he accepted it as a purple heart (if I recall correctly, my mother was taking these following a serious illness, and they seemed more violet in colour to me).

Back