• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Good point but they looked older then me by 10 years and I'm a young looking 48 BUT they could of been in there late 30s if it was the eighties ( if you know what I mean ?)

My point was that if it were a time slip one would think you'd have seen them at their age as of the Eighties (not as of now), because either:

- you would have slipped into / through their reality as of that past timeframe without regressing to your age at that time or ...
- they slipped into / through your contemporary reality without aging to match your reality 30+ years hence (for them).

Regardless of who it was that might have time-slipped in whichever direction ...

Everyone's clothing still fit - right?

That’s something I’ve often thought about time slips. If you wound up in Victorian times you’d certainly notice, but twenty or even thirty years might not be so obvious. Short term slips could happen without anyone noticing.

Then again, if you somehow briefly slipped back 20 years, the sight of people not all glued to their mobile phones would be a clue. And most of the shops would still be open! But you're right, it wouldn't be the obvious things like dress and/or mannerisms that would give the game away.

Just realised that I'm looking vaguely Victorian today, with dark green trousers, tweed waistcoat with pocket watch chain and my now longish beard, which hasn't been trimmed since lockdown (somewhere between the Ragnar Lothbruk and Crimean War look).

Anyone who spots me today, just may exclaim "Gor blimey! A pukka timeslip and no mistake. The missus'll never believe this 'un - or the Forteana forum!".

Last edited:
My point was that if it were a time slip one would think you'd have seen them at their age as of the Eighties (not as of now), because either:

- you would have slipped into / through their reality as of that past timeframe without regressing to your age at that time or ...
- they slipped into / through your contemporary reality without aging to match your reality 30+ years hence (for them).

Regardless of who it was that might have time-slipped in whichever direction ...

Everyone's clothing still fit - right?
My gut feeling is it was just some normal casual dressed people more then likely not a Time Slip but would love a stand out Time Slip like Romans, Vikings and WW2 etc

My gut feeling is it was just some normal casual dressed people more then likely not a Time Slip but would love a stand out Time Slip like Romans, Vikings and WW2 etc
Roman soldiers have figured in a few time slips, but can't recall Vikings. WW2 aircraft have been reported.

Perhaps short time slips of say 20 to 30 years do happen, but we really need to look for the evidence back then, were there any reports of people having short timeslips to the future? I have never read any

Its the gold standard to me, actual witness reports from the other time zone

Perhaps short time slips of say 20 to 30 years do happen, but we really need to look for the evidence back then, were there any reports of people having short timeslips to the future? I have never read any

Its the gold standard to me, actual witness reports from the other time zone
You are quite correct, what we need is evidence from both ends of the slip. Two cases come very close and a third offers a good investigator on the spot the chance to find such evidence:

1. The One Thing Leeds to Another case in which two sisters in Leeds entered a newsagents, one passed through a customer on her way in then they found themselves in a cold empty shop. They left then when they re-entered the shop it was full of customers, and the shop assistant seemed to be terrified of them. One of the witnesses has since died and the other suddenly ceased communication, but she thought that the shop assistant -- who presumably saw them enter the shop and fade away -- was likely the owner's wife. I have been unable to locate her though.

2. The case of the young American lad who was returning home on foot late at night and was offered a lift by an older couple. When he met them in town a few days later they seemed to have aged terribly and they were amazed that he seemed no older than he had been when they gave him the lift years before.

3. The well known case from Liverpool where a young girl entered a Mothercare shop where everything seemed very cheap, but the manager refused to accept her credit card in payment. Later she learned that Mothercare had closed down years before. Anyone who could find the names of the staff in the period visited (presumably the 80s) and get pictures of them could show the girl a photo line-up and see if she could identify the manager and other assistant. Indeed, the manager might still be alive herself.

There is also a promising sounding case quoted by Imbroglio where a student for a dare spent the night in a haunted house and was scared off by a man who seemed just as scared to see him. The student had long hair and colourful clothing and the claim had been that the house owners had been scared in the 1930s by a weird looking long haired demon. But no details and names

You are quite correct, what we need is evidence from both ends of the slip. Two cases come very close and a third offers a good investigator on the spot the chance to find such evidence:

1. The One Thing Leeds to Another case in which two sisters in Leeds entered a newsagents, one passed through a customer on her way in then they found themselves in a cold empty shop. They left then when they re-entered the shop it was full of customers, and the shop assistant seemed to be terrified of them. One of the witnesses has since died and the other suddenly ceased communication, but she thought that the shop assistant -- who presumably saw them enter the shop and fade away -- was likely the owner's wife. I have been unable to locate her though.

2. The case of the young American lad who was returning home on foot late at night and was offered a lift by an older couple. When he met them in town a few days later they seemed to have aged terribly and they were amazed that he seemed no older than he had been when they gave him the lift years before.

3. The well known case from Liverpool where a young girl entered a Mothercare shop where everything seemed very cheap, but the manager refused to accept her credit card in payment. Later she learned that Mothercare had closed down years before. Anyone who could find the names of the staff in the period visited (presumably the 80s) and get pictures of them could show the girl a photo line-up and see if she could identify the manager and other assistant. Indeed, the manager might still be alive herself.

There is also a promising sounding case quoted by Imbroglio where a student for a dare spent the night in a haunted house and was scared off by a man who seemed just as scared to see him. The student had long hair and colourful clothing and the claim had been that the house owners had been scared in the 1930s by a weird looking long haired demon. But no details and names

Sorry, Carl where are these accounts? Are they on this thread?

Sorry, Carl where are these accounts? Are they on this thread?
I'll add some files. I'll have to scan the Imbroglio (not sure of spelling) case to copy that.

Attachments

• Taheris.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 50
  • Imogen case.pdf
    265.2 KB · Views: 56
  • Jedite posts on ATS.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 24
Why? Stock Atkin and Waterman all dressed like they were 17 when they were 50+

There was cocaine in the 80's even older people thought they looked good and young in the 80's and dressed like idiots.
Hmmm, yeah, I seem to recall a couple of lecturers at uni who fitted this description. You may be right that it's not impossible, but I did say it was unlikely.

There’s some fascinating tales on this subject! Thanks to everyone who’s contributed! Here’s a story that was shared with me by a work colleague who was doing some contracting work in London 4-5 years ago.

Every Monday morning he would travel down to London from Leeds and arrive into Kings Cross before travelling on the tube to Liverpool Street. He would normally arrive into London at around 9:30 which meant that the tube train, whilst busy, wasn’t packed so travellers could usually find a seat.

One morning he boarded the tube train, found a seat and settled down. At either the 2nd or 3rd stop after leaving Kings Cross her noticed a young couple join the train and take the seats directly opposite him. He immediately noticed that they were dressed very smartly...if it’d been 1985! The chap was wearing a dark suit with coloured flecks, white shirt and grey and yellow tie. He had a moustache, a slight mullet style ‘highlighted’ hair cut and a floppy fringe. She was wearing a long red dress with shoulder pads and black polka dots and a small hat with ‘netting’ down over her eyes, dark hair and very red lipstick. Very typical 1980’s looks, or perhaps TOO typically 1980’s looks?

Anyway, he couldn’t take his eyes off them as they looked so unusual and out of place , which is why he remembers what they looked like so clearly. They spent the journey in whispered conversation until the tube arrived at Liverpool Street. Intriguingly, when the train stopped they were unsure how to open the door so my friend lent forward to do it but they didn’t thank him. By now he was fascinated by them so followed them onto the station concourse. He remembers that they walked very quickly despite the fact the lady was wearing heels. At the ticket barrier the couple couldn’t work out how to pass through and a queue formed behind them. They moved back to allow others to get through and were clearly having a row. They were then passed through the ‘manned’ barrier and out onto the concourse. Interestingly, my friend is convinced that they walked through without having to show their ticket. Once they got onto the concourse they walked a few meters, still in robust conversation, when they both stopped in their tracks and began to look around them. Clearly looking lost and confused....and very much out of place. Others could clearly see them as they were walking around them. They continued to look around, seemingly very baffled about where they needed to go (or where they were) My friend then lost sight of them in the crowds as he headed for his train.

Was this a time slip or something more mundane? By his own admittance, my friend has a vivid imagination, is a fan of Fortean incidents and wound often make up lives for people he saw on the tube! Interestingly, his own opinion is that it was either a time slip on the couples part or it was his own imagination playing out before his eyes! Either way, it’s unlikely we’ll ever know. And perhaps that’s the whole point?

A couple of 1980’s time travellers, would have a tough time recognising modern day central London, especially Liverpool street station after the 1990’s refurb.

I remember the old Liverpool street station with fond memories. I was a young postman at the time, and would regularly get sent there to help unload the over ground mail trains, onto the waiting Royal Mail vans.

On more than a few occasions, commuters would get my post office uniform confused, with a British rail uniform, and ask me when the next train to so and so would be.

I would always reply with a quick look at my wristwatch then “ 4 minutes platform 11, if you hurry madam, you should catch it” – of course I didn’t have a bloody clue :D

A couple of 1980’s time travellers, would have a tough time recognising modern day central London, especially Liverpool street station after the 1990’s refurb.

I remember the old Liverpool street station with fond memories. I was a young postman at the time, and would regularly get sent there to help unload the over ground mail trains, onto the waiting Royal Mail vans.

On more than a few occasions, commuters would get my post office uniform confused, with a British rail uniform, and ask me when the next train to so and so would be.

I would always reply with a quick look at my wristwatch then “ 4 minutes platform 11, if you hurry madam, you should catch it” – of course I didn’t have a bloody clue :D

Dread to think what they would make of Tottenham Court Road station...

HAVE YOU EXPERIENCED A TIME SLIP?

I’m a writer, hoping to contact people who have experienced ‘time slips’ (ie, seen or experienced another time unexpectedly – not past life regression.) It’s for a feature that’s looking seriously at the phenomenon. Please email me if that sounds like you.

[email protected].

Many thanks

Just read a recently published timeslip account from the Tom Slemen collection.
Set in Storeton, Merseyside, this features an apparent glimpse into the Carboniferous or Permian periods, when terrestrial arthropods grew to larger sizes than today's bugs, thanks to the richer atmospheric oxygen..
Even so, an arachnid around double the size of today's largest tarantula, does seems to be pushing the realms of credulity somewhat.

The article was only published last month and the presence of a smartphone would place it presumably no more than a decade ago (so where are the photos?).
Sounds more like fiction than a pukka account to me, but what do you think?

"A few years ago, a 75-year-old grandfather from Birkenhead named Mike and his 15-year-old granddaughter Taylor went for a walk in the tranquillity of Storeton Woods.
It was a cold but sunny Spring day, and Taylor wanted to take pictures on her smartphone for a school geography project.
Mike and Taylor passed an elderly woman walking her Alsatian in the woods, and then grandfather and granddaughter noticed something odd – an eerie silence descended on the woodland.
Birds had been singing in the trees one moment, and then it all ceased.
Mike hadn't been to the woods in years and he was surprised to see a circular pit in a clearing, and Taylor started to descend into this pit, carefully stepping on sandstone rocks.
Mike shouted to her: "Don't, Taylor! It doesn't look safe!"
But the girl reached a hole in the floor of the pit and said she could see light shining through a tunnel.
Mike had heard old stories about tunnels under the woods, and in a huff he went to try and stop Taylor exploring further but the girl descended into hole, which was about eight feet across, and she was right – there was a tunnel down there.
Despite her grandfather's cries for her to come back, the girl said: "Oh wow, look at this!"
The girl stooped and took pictures of huge toadstools in the tunnel, while Mike noted the harsh spring sunlight shining into the tunnel about fifty feet away.
He tried to grab Taylor's arm but she said: "No, hang on - let's see where this goes to!"
That tunnel led to a cave which looked onto a quarry of cream-coloured sandstone rocks, and there was a hole in one of the faces of the quarry - either natural or manmade.
As Mike stepped out of the cave and walked through huge ferns, he called to his granddaughter, but got no reply, so he turned and said: "Taylor, get a picture of this."
Taylor was standing stock still in the cave with bulging eyes that were fixed on a massive dark-brown spider about two feet in length.
At first, Mike thought the thing was branches, and then he saw it slowly crawl towards Taylor.
The girl screamed, shuffled sideways with her back to the cave wall and ran to Mike in a terrible state.
"I have never seen a spider that size in all my life," he said, as Taylor hid behind him.
They watched the giant arachnid dart into the cave and walk up the wall – where it joined another of its kind.
Taylor had a fear of spiders and looked as if she was going to faint.
A growling sound above startled Mike and Taylor, and they looked up to see the head of a huge wolf-like animal, peering at them over a ledge. Then things got worse.
To the right of Mike, he saw a green-skinned creature – a living dinosaur of some sort – creeping out of the thick ferns.
Taylor screamed and her grandfather yanked her by the hand and pulled her into the cave – where the spiders were.
There was then an almighty thump as the creature that had been watching from the ledge jumped down onto the floor of the quarry.
It was a bizarre-looking animal that sounds like a Chalicotherium (a long extinct herbivore from millions of years ago) with long forelimbs and short back legs.
The smaller green reptile – which was the size of a horse – attacked the possible Chalicotherium, and the latter ran off screaming. Mike and Taylor hurried away from the cave, through the tunnel, and scrambled up the rubble of the pit until they reached Storeton Woods.
When grandfather and granddaughter returned to the woods the next day, they could find no pit and were told by a dog walker that there had never been a pit in the woods.
That part of the woods had been built on the old quarry – where fossilized dinosaur tracks had been found many decades ago.
Mike realised that he and his granddaughter had somehow ventured millions of years into the past via some timeslip, and so many of these types of incidents have been reported to me and others over the years.
If we could discover the mechanism by which the time-slippage takes place, perhaps we would have a way of escaping the future hell of our dying ecosystem – by taking refuge in the past."

https://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/19024739.haunted-wirral-storeton-timeslip/

If we could discover the mechanism by which the time-slippage takes place, perhaps we would have a way of escaping the future hell of our dying ecosystem – by taking refuge in the past."

It does sound too good to be true.

Refuge in the past? So we can muck it up again? And we happens when we meet humans from the past? You can’t shake it at start again Earth isn’t an etch-a-sketch.

Just called up Storeton Woods on Google Maps and, on zooming in, I spotted a whopping great telecommunications mast and what could be an electricity sub-station in the middle of it.
Was wondering if the deep buzz you can often hear around such structures or the electromagnetic fields could account for the apparent lack of bird song and the reported experience of the "Oz factor"?

storeton.JPG

Set in Storeton, Merseyside, this features an apparent glimpse into the Carboniferous or Permian periods, when terrestrial arthropods grew to larger sizes than today's bugs, thanks to the richer atmospheric oxygen..
Even so, an arachnid around double the size of today's largest tarantula, does seems to be pushing the realms of credulity somewhat.

The article was only published last month and the presence of a smartphone would place it presumably no more than a decade ago (so where are the photos?).

"A few years ago, a 75-year-old grandfather from Birkenhead named Mike and his 15-year-old granddaughter Taylor went for a walk in the tranquillity of Storeton Woods.
It was a cold but sunny Spring day, and Taylor wanted to take pictures on her smartphone for a school geography project.
Mike and Taylor passed an elderly woman walking her Alsatian in the woods, and then grandfather and granddaughter noticed something odd – an eerie silence descended on the woodland.
Mike hadn't been to the woods in years and he was surprised to see a circular pit in a clearing, and Taylor started to descend into this pit, carefully stepping on sandstone rocks.
But the girl reached a hole in the floor of the pit and said she could see light shining through a tunnel.
Mike had heard old stories about tunnels under the woods, and in a huff he went to try and stop Taylor exploring further but the girl descended into hole, which was about eight feet across, and she was right – there was a tunnel down there.
Despite her grandfather's cries for her to come back, the girl said: "Oh wow, look at this!"
The girl stooped and took pictures of huge toadstools in the tunnel, while Mike noted the harsh spring sunlight shining into the tunnel about fifty feet away.
He tried to grab Taylor's arm but she said: "No, hang on - let's see where this goes to!"
That tunnel led to a cave which looked onto a quarry of cream-coloured sandstone rocks, and there was a hole in one of the faces of the quarry - either natural or manmade.
As Mike stepped out of the cave and walked through huge ferns, he called to his granddaughter, but got no reply, so he turned and said: "Taylor, get a picture of this."
Taylor was standing stock still in the cave with bulging eyes that were fixed on a massive dark-brown spider about two feet in length.
At first, Mike thought the thing was branches, and then he saw it slowly crawl towards Taylor.
The girl screamed, shuffled sideways with her back to the cave wall and ran to Mike in a terrible state.
"I have never seen a spider that size in all my life," he said, as Taylor hid behind him.
They watched the giant arachnid dart into the cave and walk up the wall – where it joined another of its kind.
A growling sound above startled Mike and Taylor, and they looked up to see the head of a huge wolf-like animal, peering at them over a ledge. Then things got worse.
To the right of Mike, he saw a green-skinned creature – a living dinosaur of some sort – creeping out of the thick ferns.
Taylor screamed and her grandfather yanked her by the hand and pulled her into the cave – where the spiders were.
There was then an almighty thump as the creature that had been watching from the ledge jumped down onto the floor of the quarry.
It was a bizarre-looking animal that sounds like a Chalicotherium (a long extinct herbivore from millions of years ago) with long forelimbs and short back legs.
The smaller green reptile – which was the size of a horse – attacked the possible Chalicotherium, and the latter ran off screaming. Mike and Taylor hurried away from the cave, through the tunnel, and scrambled up the rubble of the pit until they reached Storeton Woods.
When grandfather and granddaughter returned to the woods the next day, they could find no pit and were told by a dog walker that there had never been a pit in the woods.
That part of the woods had been built on the old quarry – where fossilized dinosaur tracks had been found many decades ago.
Mike realised that he and his granddaughter had somehow ventured millions of years into the past via some timeslip, and so many of these types of incidents have been reported to me and others over the years.

Be great if it's true but I have heard that Tom Slemen reports/stories are not to be taken seriously sadly.

Be great if it's true but I have heard that Tom Slemen reports/stories are not to be taken seriously sadly.

Well quite. Without any further corroborating evidence all such accounts should be treated with caution.
Tom Slemen is an author and contributor to the Liverpool Echo, where he submits occasional Fortean accounts. Without quoting more trustworthy provenance for his reports though, who can tell whether he has embellished them?

In this case, what I found interesting was the presence of dinosaur footprints on the nature trail information panel in the woods and the telecomms mast and electrical sub-station.
Storeton woods have quite an eerie reputation anyway, being the site of an ancient Saxon/Viking battle, the supposed lair of the "lantern man" and of dog walkers discovering "mysterious bones" (you can Google for each of these!).
Anyone walking the trail may say jokingly "wonder if we'll spot any dinosaurs today" and there have been several reports of people experiencing odd effects in the proximity of electromagnetic fields. So, there may have been a kernel of a genuinely weird story in there - and just perhaps a vivid imagination did the rest.

Well quite. Without any further corroborating evidence all such accounts should be treated with caution.
Tom Slemen is an author and contributor to the Liverpool Echo, where he submits occasional Fortean accounts. Without quoting more trustworthy provenance for his reports though, who can tell whether he has embellished them?

In this case, what I found interesting was the presence of dinosaur footprints on the nature trail information panel in the woods and the telecomms mast and electrical sub-station.
Storeton woods have quite an eerie reputation anyway, being the site of an ancient Saxon/Viking battle, the supposed lair of the "lantern man" and of dog walkers discovering "mysterious bones" (you can Google for each of these!).
Anyone walking the trail may say jokingly "wonder if we'll spot any dinosaurs today" and there have been several reports of people experiencing odd effects in the proximity of electromagnetic fields. So, there may have been a kernel of a genuinely weird story in there - and just perhaps a vivid imagination did the rest.
At the very least according to the report photos were taken within the tunnel of the giant mushrooms (straight out of Journey to the Centre of the Earth), sowhere are these?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...-did-les-dawson-see-re-sid-james-ghost.66469/

That was one of Slemen's.

Sounds like one of Slemen's wilder bits of imaginative fiction. He hasn't given any family name for the witnesses so impossible to check out. He did once come up with a tale of a dinosaur appearing on a beach, and named all of the witnesses -- unfortunately none of them ever existed!

Sounds like one of Slemen's wilder bits of imaginative fiction. He hasn't given any family name for the witnesses so impossible to check out. He did once come up with a tale of a dinosaur appearing on a beach, and named all of the witnesses -- unfortunately none of them ever existed!

Wonder if he logs on here and has a chuckle at us debating his work?

Sounds like one of Slemen's wilder bits of imaginative fiction. ...

The elements of the story (giant ferns; giant arthropod; Chalicotherium; dinosaur-ish reptile) are drawn from wildly separate periods of earth history. No such juxtaposition of creatures is known, or even suspected, to have ever been possible.

Back