• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Einstein was laughed at because Einstein believed in time travel.

Since time slows with speed, time is not a constant.

Einstein’s theory is that time bends and curves almost into circle.

Some scientists say the universe is constantly moving and one can not find an original starting point.

But if Einstein is correct, this could explain the experience of going back in time for a few moments.

I wish I could go back in time and buy stocks like Apple, etc.

Wishful thinking.:chuckle:

When I was a kid we had to write what life would be like in the year 2000. According to me we all wore silver suits and had flying cars.
Some of us are living that dream.

There is an article in the Sunday Mails 'You' magazine today about time slips
here is a link to online version: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-9565865/Have-experienced-time-slip.html

One experience from this article:

"In the 1980s, Caroline Anders, now 57, moved to Devon to work for the NHS. One weekend, a colleague drove her to Plymouth for a party. As they skirted a roundabout on the approach to the city, she remembers seeing a beautiful church. ‘The windows were full of colour from the light streaming through the stained glass and, as we passed the front doors, I saw a large congregation,’ she says. While Caroline can clearly recall the sight, no one else in the car saw it. The real shock was to come a few weeks later, when her boyfriend Phil suggested a Saturday out on the Plymouth Hoe. ‘As we drove past the roundabout, I literally cried out because the church was in ruins,’ says Caroline. ‘I said, “Oh my God, what’s happened? Did you know it had been damaged?

It was then that Phil told her that the church – Charles Church, one of the oldest in the area – had been bombed in the Second World War. What Caroline had seen was impossible; the church had been left in ruins as a memorial for the dead. Yet she remains convinced of what she saw. ‘My friends believe me, because I’m not given to flights of fancy."

(Source: Daily Mail, 2021)

Last edited:
This was in the mail today. some interesting stuff.

Attachments

• 4D390AF1-880B-4D17-8FF1-7B8592A3000D.jpeg
    4D390AF1-880B-4D17-8FF1-7B8592A3000D.jpeg
    833.5 KB · Views: 58
  • B2FE1DC8-7A30-4051-9AA4-C541C2541268.jpeg
    B2FE1DC8-7A30-4051-9AA4-C541C2541268.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 60
Regarding the book that's mentioned in the article, has anyone read it or any other similar books? Can anyone recommend a decent book about time slip phenomena?

Regarding the book that's mentioned in the article, has anyone read it or any other similar books? Can anyone recommend a decent book about time slip phenomena?
I've not read it however my guess it will be full of poorly researched anecdotes that will get repeated and mis told over time

The first major book was Joan Forman's The Mask of Time.
The second was Andrew MacKenzie's Adventures in Time.
Moberly, C. A. E. & Jourdain, E. F. An Adventure (The first famous time slip case)
I'll add a link to my own contribution to the subject: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozag2aq5h3e7jii/THE ROUGHAM MYSTERY.pdf?dl=0
I haven't come across the book mentioned in the article, some of the cases quoted are new.

The first major book was Joan Forman's The Mask of Time.
The second was Andrew MacKenzie's Adventures in Time.
Moberly, C. A. E. & Jourdain, E. F. An Adventure (The first famous time slip case)
I'll add a link to my own contribution to the subject: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozag2aq5h3e7jii/THE ROUGHAM MYSTERY.pdf?dl=0
I haven't come across the book mentioned in the article, some of the cases quoted are new.

I can thoroughly recommend Carl's Rougham article I read it ages ago and it is beautifully written and well researched.

It's really fascinating and I guess the more people are aware of it the more it will be reported, still looking for some gold standards of proof though although this being a Fortean subject it will never happen

It's really fascinating and I guess the more people are aware of it the more it will be reported, still looking for some gold standards of proof though although this being a Fortean subject it will never happen
What would you regard as "proof?"

If someone made an announcement that a certain event would happen in the near future.
Exact time, detailed description.

For example, tommorow someone holds a press conference and says:

The half time and full time scores of the Champions League final in two weeks' time.
The scorers.
How they score.
The starting line-ups.
Any bookings or sending offs.
Major talking points of the game.

That could be a vision of the future.

But then they produce a phone and show footage of the game.

The exact incidents as mentioned, and after the game, we can see that the footage exactly matches the game.

That would be proof for me, of someone travelling back in time.

Something like this Mrs Smith is serving in a shop in say 1970 and someone comes in wearing clothes that are completely out of the time period (lets say skinny jeans ) fast forward 50 years Mrs Smith meets the same guy and remembers him something like that.

I understand that people don't have timeslips by choice they just seem to happen and they are a bit random in where they land, I am fascinated by timeslips in to the future, but most seem tend to slip into the past.

There is a story (and I've forgotten where I read it) about a couple of kids who climbed a hill during the war and met two men in spacesuits who told them something like they were not meant to be there, I can't remember the exact details but it was in the UK

Something like this Mrs Smith is serving in a shop in say 1970 and someone comes in wearing clothes that are completely out of the time period (lets say skinny jeans ) fast forward 50 years Mrs Smith meets the same guy and remembers him something like that.

I understand that people don't have timeslips by choice they just seem to happen and they are a bit random in where they land, I am fascinated by timeslips in to the future, but most seem tend to slip into the past.

There is a story (and I've forgotten where I read it) about a couple of kids who climbed a hill during the war and met two men in spacesuits who told them something like they were not meant to be there, I can't remember the exact details but it was in the UK
That story is in a thread somewhere here but i cant for the life of me remember where, im sure someone will find it :)

Back