• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

I have experienced a couple of time slips one being in Liverpool City centre, my partner who was with me also saw it, we could see it but we were not in it, if that makes sense.
Yes, that makes sense, it's what I call a Type 2 case. Please give us the details, it sounds most interesting! And your other experience also.

We went to Liverpool for a few days, I wanted to visit Crosby beach to see the Anthony Gormley figures on the beach. Arrived the day before and we hadn't quite got our bearings so can't really tell you our route, The plan was to go to the tourist information shop where you could purchase tickets for a train that went up the coast and you could get on and off at any stops on route.Starting point was a curved hotel near the liver building Albert Dock area.

As we walked along I looked over to a street on our right, It was very old fashioned and I remarked to my partner we should go there tomorrow. Everything was grey scale in contrast to everywhere else. The street was virtually deserted with an old boxy shaped car or van further down, two men were visible just past it wearing trousers and jacket, it looked to 50s or 60s. We planned to go back the next day and could not find the street

As we walked along I looked over to a street on our right, It was very old fashioned and I remarked to my partner we should go there tomorrow. Everything was grey scale in contrast to everywhere else. The street was virtually deserted with an old boxy shaped car or van further down, two men were visible just past it wearing trousers and jacket, it looked to 50s or 60s. We planned to go back the next day and could not find the street
Any feeling of melancholy/depression etc and/or did objects have a 'flat/lifeless' appearance?

Good idea about Google maps, looking like it could be bold street as I seem to remember a church at the end. At the time I thought it was some sort of theme street and was wondering how they did it. As with most time or dimension slips you don't realise at the time, and if you do, you get a sense of panic, we'll that's my expirience of them anyway.

Good idea about Google maps, looking like it could be bold street as I seem to remember a church at the end. At the time I thought it was some sort of theme street and was wondering how they did it. As with most time or dimension slips you don't realise at the time, and if you do, you get a sense of panic, we'll that's my expirience of them anyway.
Bold Street strikes again...if I win the Euro Lottery I might move down to Bold Mon-Fri and just walk the street as a volunteer litter pick up.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I am more than a bit jealous!

Were you aware of the time slip phenomena before you had your 2010 experience in Liverpool?

See my posts above - a good few streets in central Liverpool, especially around the Pier Head and docks area, into recent years appeared little changed from the 1930s, largely due to a lack of investment. It is difficult to show this on Google Street view as the past 15 years has seen a lot of change.

If you see a street in Liverpool (or Birkenhead, for that matter) that looks 'old fashioned', it's probably because you were simply seeing an old fashioned street (Birkenhead has the largest group of Grade 1 listed buildings in the country - now that really is something amazing).

By way of illustrating this, in about 2000 (give or take a couple of years) I went to meet my Dad for lunch in the city. He'd spent his early years there and still worked there, although no longer lived there, and had a great affection for it. His line of work for various reasons gave him a good insight into the history of the city - during the afternoon we walked round a bit and looked at some of the more interesting streets and buildings.

When I got back I distinctly remember thinking and using the phrase "like going back to the 1930s". This was long before I'd heard of the Bold Street "timeslip". Maybe if I had, and if I was of a slightly different cast of mind, perhaps I'd have thought I actually had gone back to the 1930s?

Last edited:
By way of illustrating this, in about 2000 (give or take a couple of years) I went to meet my Dad for lunch in the city. He'd spent his early years there and still worked there, although longer lived there, and had a great affection for it. His line of work for various reasons gave him a good insight into the history of the city - during the afternoon we walked round a bit and looked at some of the more interesting streets and buildings.

When I got back I distinctly remember the thinking and using the phrase "like going back to the 1930s". This was long before I'd heard of the Bold Street "timeslip". Maybe if I had, and if I was of a slightly different cast of mind, perhaps I'd have thought I actually had gone back to the 1930s?
Good point, but don't forget many witnesses describe people in clothing of the past and vehicles too.

OK so the date was 21st July, think the year was 2010 as saw posters for Rod Stewart gig, Google tells me he was there 2010 so that fixes the year for me.
Good detective work to figure out the date as well as the place. The fact that you returned to the location and that what you saw then didn't match what you had previously seen is significant.

Thanks for sharing your experience, I am more than a bit jealous!

Were you aware of the time slip phenomena before you had your 2010 experience in Liverpool?
Yes I had heard of it before, many years ago it was covered on TV, I had forgotten about it. Could it have been a false memory, yes possibly, but how does that explain experiences and how my partner saw it, he says yes it happened and I can't explain it, and leaves it there. I want explore more.

BS3 I Can,t seem to quote your post, and totally get where you are coming from. If all the surrounding streets had the same vibe and look I would agree with you. This was a street surrounded by other affluent streets. The atmosphere was totally different.

BS3 I Can,t seem to quote your post, and totally get where you are coming from. If all the surrounding streets had the same vibe and look I would agree with you. This was a street surrounded by other affluent streets. The atmosphere was totally different.
To quote a post, click Reply or +Quote.
If using +Quote, an Insert quotes... button will appear.
Click on that, and a list of quotes will appear. Select the one you want, then click Quote messages.

Yes I had heard of it before, many years ago it was covered on TV, I had forgotten about it. Could it have been a false memory, yes possibly, but how does that explain experiences and how my partner saw it, he says yes it happened and I can't explain it, and leaves it there. I want explore
If only more people had your attitude!

After speaking with my Mum, she doesn't remember exactly the name of where we stayed other than a being a little South of Lyon, but a bit of google mapping leads me to think Logis Hotel Saint Jacques is a likely candidate for the 1979 hotel.
See - https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/st-jacques.en-gb.html?activeTab=photosGallery
I think my memory of where the cars were is the private parking bit with the trees now in those shots - streetview gives a good view of the front of the building with outward folding shutters and inward folding glass windows - you can even go inside now (its been done up a bit recently it would seem) - but is still very cheap.
Also going back in time in streetview it looks likely that the restuarant next door was once part of the hotel with pavement seating perhaps ?

After speaking with my Mum, she doesn't remember exactly the name of where we stayed other than a being a little South of Lyon, but a bit of google mapping leads me to think Logis Hotel Saint Jacques is a likely candidate for the 1979 hotel.
See - https://www.booking.com/hotel/fr/st-jacques.en-gb.html?activeTab=photosGallery
I think my memory of where the cars were is the private parking bit with the trees now in those shots - streetview gives a good view of the front of the building with outward folding shutters and inward folding glass windows - you can even go inside now (its been done up a bit recently it would seem) - but is still very cheap.
Also going back in time in streetview it looks likely that the restuarant next door was once part of the hotel with pavement seating perhaps ?

Thanks!

I recently watched the Gisby/Simpson Arthur C. Clarke reconstruction again and you have to be alert to catch it but it transpires there wasn’t a consensus that all the 1905/1979 hotel windows were unglazed, just rather we are told some of them (Len overrides one of the women, stating “Only some of them” or “not all of them”; I need to double-check but the meaning was clear).

Last edited:
Will finish the last part of my story now, when I say story that implies its made up but that is not the case. I really like architecture and always look up. Am definitely sure it is bold street now. I looked up and saw a corridor that followed the line of the street, only it was stormy conditions above the street in contrast to a bright sunny with clouds outlook for the rest of the sky

Will finish the last part of my story now, when I say story that implies its made up but that is not the case. I really like architecture and always look up. Am definitely sure it is bold street now. I looked up and saw a corridor that followed the line of the street, only it was stormy conditions above the street in contrast to a bright sunny with clouds outlook for the rest of the sky
Now that is interesting indeed. It is quite common for time slip witnesses to notice a change in the weather conditions during the slip, but the fact that you were able to see that the stormy clouds were positioned right over the street is very significant. If as I think torsion fields rising from below are a factor in creating time slips and other odd happenings, this makes a lot of sense.

Now that is interesting indeed. It is quite common for time slip witnesses to notice a change in the weather conditions during the slip, but the fact that you were able to see that the stormy clouds were positioned right over the street is very significant. If as I think torsion fields rising from below are a factor in creating time slips and other odd happenings, this makes a lot of sense.
Is there a link with Time Slips and UFO's as my UFO experience in 1988 was stormy looking clouds alongside the Oz Factor feeling.

Is there a link with Time Slips and UFO's as my UFO experience in 1988 was stormy looking clouds alongside the Oz Factor feeling.
Judging by the relatively minor phenomena at Rougham, and the way more extreme stuff observed at Skinwalker, all these phenomena seem to be linked with certain geographical/geological energies. And I'm certain that the ancients knew a lot about such energies and worked out how to harness them.

Judging by the relatively minor phenomena at Rougham, and the way more extreme stuff observed at Skinwalker, all these phenomena seem to be linked with certain geographical/geological energies. And I'm certain that the ancients knew a lot about such energies and worked out how to harness them.
Rougham is up there with Bold Street ?

Rougham is up there with Bold Street ?
Alas, not in the same league. But it is clear that there is support for the basic concept that some areas, for geological reasons, do generate all kinds of phenomena, time slips included. (Although, as far as I know, there haven't been any time slips as such reported at the Skinwalker, there have been several incidents where things have happened when there shouldn't have been time to do whatever it was.)

Alas, not in the same league. But it is clear that there is support for the basic concept that some areas, for geological reasons, do generate all kinds of phenomena, time slips included. (Although, as far as I know, there haven't been any time slips as such reported at the Skinwalker, there have been several incidents where things have happened when there shouldn't have been time to do whatever it was.)
Would you say Rougham has more weirdness ?

Back