• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

I wonder how many time slips there are that go unrecognised? For instance, a slip into last week would barely be noticed, would it? So you could be driving somewhere, glance down a side street and see it as it was a week last Thursday - but you wouldn't know.

I wonder how many time slips there are that go unrecognised? For instance, a slip into last week would barely be noticed, would it? So you could be driving somewhere, glance down a side street and see it as it was a week last Thursday - but you wouldn't know.
True, although there is often a strange sensation reported, know as the 'Oz Effect' (Jenny Randles) whereby everyday noises cease ands the whole atmosphere becomes still and unworldly during the time-slip, including the moon/sun changing positions, landscapes and even weather changing.

True, although there is often a strange sensation reported, know as the 'Oz Effect' (Jenny Randles) whereby everyday noises cease ands the whole atmosphere becomes still and unworldly during the time-slip, including the moon/sun changing positions, landscapes and even weather changing.
I remember, in 1990, hiking alone for five days on Dartmoor in a blazing hot September. One day, somewhere near Down Tor, I dropped into a wideish, secluded gully and decided to stop for lunch. Before entering the gully, there had been sheep everywhere baaing, and the odd call of a bird of prey. I would estimate, bearing in mind the distance in time, that the gully was 2-3m deep and varying in width, perhaps about 7m wide. The atmosphere was stifling, since it was protected against the gentle breeze on the open moor, and I couldn't hear any sheep or birds while I ate. The feeling became oppressive and eerie, and I had a disturbing feeling that I had dropped out of time, perhaps like one of those people who step into fairy circles in the folk tales. In the end the atmosphere became so unnerving that I packed up my lunch and headed out onto the open moors again, and was strangely relieved to see the sheep going about their sedate business, baaing and eating grass and crapping. Being in that isolated gully was most odd.

I remember, in 1990, hiking alone for five days on Dartmoor in a blazing hot September. One day, somewhere near Down Tor, I dropped into a wideish, secluded gully and decided to stop for lunch. Before entering the gully, there had been sheep everywhere baaing, and the odd call of a bird of prey. I would estimate, bearing in mind the distance in time, that the gully was 2-3m deep and verying in width, perhaps alabout 7m wide. The atmosphere was stifling, since it was protected against the gentle breeze on the open moor, and I couldn't hear any sheep or birds while I ate. The feeling became oppressive and eerie, and I had a disturbing feeling that I had dropped out of time, perhaps like one of those people who step into fairy circles in the folk tales. In the end the atmosphere became so unnerving that I packed up my lunch and headed out onto the open moors again, and was strangely relieved to see the sheep going about their sedate business, baaing and eating grass and crapping. Being in that isolated gully was most odd.
Great post!

I've come across small woodlands (copses really) like this whilst out walking on my own; gloomy, silent, still and unnerving. Was always relieved to get out the other side and into the daylight again

I have experienced that feeling you described of the Oz Factor ( I posted the details on this forum ) but I saw no Time Slip but saw a UFO...wonder if UFO's can make them happen ?

I remember, in 1990, hiking alone for five days on Dartmoor in a blazing hot September. One day, somewhere near Down Tor, I dropped into a wideish, secluded gully and decided to stop for lunch. Before entering the gully, there had been sheep everywhere baaing, and the odd call of a bird of prey. I would estimate, bearing in mind the distance in time, that the gully was 2-3m deep and varying in width, perhaps about 7m wide. The atmosphere was stifling, since it was protected against the gentle breeze on the open moor, and I couldn't hear any sheep or birds while I ate. The feeling became oppressive and eerie, and I had a disturbing feeling that I had dropped out of time, perhaps like one of those people who step into fairy circles in the folk tales. In the end the atmosphere became so unnerving that I packed up my lunch and headed out onto the open moors again, and was strangely relieved to see the sheep going about their sedate business, baaing and eating grass and crapping. Being in that isolated gully was most odd.
Oppressive and Eerie is what I also felt with the UFO me and my friend saw.

I have experienced that feeling you described of the Oz Factor ( I posted the details on this forum ) but I saw no Time Slip but saw a UFO...wonder if UFO's can make them happen ?
Yes, absolutely, Jenny Randles is primarily a Ufologist, and a respected one at that (although she is now seemingly retired from the scene). Indeed, many of the better UFO reports (i.e. investigated and as yet unexplained) feature the Oz Effect.

This might apply if you actually walked into a timeslip, as is usually reported. But if you were just driving by? Happened to turn your head and glance down an alley in a strange town and look into May 1983? There wouldn't be time for the Oz factor to kick in, just a brief glimpse and gone, and you may never even know how odd it was.

This might apply if you actually walked into a timeslip, as is usually reported. But if you were just driving by? Happened to turn your head and glance down an alley in a strange town and look into May 1983? There wouldn't be time for the Oz factor to kick in, just a brief glimpse and gone, and you may never even know how odd it was.
I get your point but I don't personally recall any incidents of this being reported without an attendant 'atmosphere', maybe other forum members do? It does seem there is always an 'off' feeling of things not being 'right' at the moment of the experience, as if the brain/soul instinctively knows what you are witnessing is out-of-place. But then I also get your perspective that we would never know what we had just passed...!

You'd maybe notice odd things if you had long enough. e.g no mobile phones but telephone boxes. No satellite dishes in the UK on peoples' homes.....Shops that no longer exist....Old adverts on large hoardings.....

And 1983 fashions.......verses the look of 2023.....

You'd maybe notice odd things if you had long enough. e.g no mobile phones but telephone boxes. No satellite dishes in the UK on peoples' homes.....Shops that no longer exist....Old adverts on large hoardings.....

You've obviously never been to Hull...

When I'm in a wood or field or by the canal with no one about and no modernity anywhere, I often think that this could be 1700 and I wouldn't know.

Actually, in one of the Bold Street cases, (the shoplifter), the guy could see 1967 at the bottom of the street, but around him was in the present day.

When I'm in a wood or field or by the canal with no one about and no modernity anywhere, I often think that this could be 1700 and I wouldn't know.

Actually, in one of the Bold Street cases, (the shoplifter), the guy could see 1967 at the bottom of the street, but around him was in the present day.
There are some lovely walks around near me, one from a small village that used to have a medieval grange (I think owned by Riveaulx Abbey) out over the fields, following the path of the modern A170. Whenever I do that one I have the strangest feeling that I'm walking in the footsteps of monks. There's a point where you are out of sight of the road, in a valley bottom, and it seems so strange and quiet and timeless down there that it could be almost any century at all.

I would love to go back to 1983 and yes we have a lot of things at our disposal but I loved that time and the music as funny enough i'm doing every top 50/75 an now 100 UK Chart entry from 1976 to 1984 and I'm currently on 23rd of Janurary 1983.

I would love to go back to 1983 and yes we have a lot of things at our disposal but I loved that time and the music as funny enough i'm doing every top 50/75 an now 100 UK Chart entry from 1976 to 1984 and I'm currently on 23rd of Janurary 1983.
Loved the 80s, particularly because strong women emerged - Pat Benatar, Madonna, Tina Turner - who changed things for all of us.
And the fashions - LOL, we could go out wearing a bustier and it was fine!

Loved the 80s, particularly because strong women emerged - Pat Benatar, Madonna, Tina Turner - who changed things for all of us.
And the fashions - LOL, we could go out wearing a bustier and it was fine!
I loved late 70's to mid 80's as in the UK we had loads of Youth Tribes with some 2 year wonder and others lasted longer alongside others scenes would change or morph into one an other and I miss that and the vareity of different styles of music espically on the underground scenes.

I loved late 70's to mid 80's as in the UK we had loads of Youth Tribes with some 2 year wonder and others lasted longer alongside others scenes would change or morph into one an other and I miss that and the vareity of different styles of music espically on the underground scenes.
Yep - Debbie Harry and 'Blondie' comes to mind, with her street rap and different sounds, she was a definite trend setter.

Me too, in so many ways the later decades have been a disappointment in terms of music, fashion and the sense of personal freedom we had back them. Everything seems so homogenised and in hock to consumerism these days.

Last edited:
Me too, in so many ways the later decades have been a disappointment in terms of music, fashion and the sense of personal freedom we had back them. Everything seems so homogenised and in hock to consumerism these days.
Yes I can't stand the last 20 odd years and thats not just music and fashion but also food, drink and sport.....maybe we start a thread unless there is something already on this board.

I think there's a tendency to hark back to our glory days and think things were so much better then. I'm sure many things were, but I much prefer modern music. Technology is so much better now, cars are more reliable - there's a lot to like about the twenty first century. Maybe it's because it took me to hit nearly 40 before my life started to make any sense that I just think much of the past was not all that.

If I may be allowed to comment on some slightly stale and slightly off-topic posts (and don't worry, I'll get on topic)...
Therein lies the problem with modern technology - it fails, whereas a map never does.
The one situation where an accurate map does fail is when it's out of date. New roads get built and old ones are changed, blocked off, etc. I've had it happen to me a few times.

I've lost count of the times I've asked yoofs where they have been only to be told "Don't know just followed the sat nav". ( Usually followed by "Can't read a map").
When in strange places, I've always tried to find out where I am on the map, so to speak. I just don't understand people who only want directions to a place, rather than an idea of where it is.

The worst example of this I've encountered recently was with a family at the local train station. They looked confused, so I offered my help. A woman asked if this was the right platform for the Ronkonkoma train. (Ronkonkoma is east of Mineola, where we were.) I pointed to the digital display that identifies trains by their terminal destinations and said yes, this is track 2, and that's the next train. Then a man (her husband, I assume) said "And that goes to Woodside?" while the woman held up her phone.

On the phone was a simple graphic: a straight line showing the stops for their train between Mineola and Woodside. An app or web site had told them to take a train on the Ronkonkoma line to get to Woodside. Woodside, however, is west of Mineola, in the direction of New York City. (One could also argue that mentioning the line was irrelevant, since several Long Island Railroad lines merge at or before Mineola.)

No, I said, most city-bound trains leave from the other platform on the other side. The man seemed quite distressed by the fact that ALL of them didn't. Finally he asked "Which way is Citi Field?" and I pointed in the direction of the train they wanted. Only after I left them did I realize they needed to transfer at Woodside to a different westbound train - LIRR or subway - to get to Citi Field. I doubt they had a smooth trip.

Now you have to understand that anyone who lives around here should have a very good idea of where all these locations are in reference to where the conversation took place, and I don't think these people were from out of town. They just didn't bother to take a few more minutes to get an idea of where they were in relation to where they were going.

So getting back to timeslips and the Oz effect: could being very unaccustomed to figuring out where you are, as opposed to how to get where you want to be, contribute to a predisposition to go all Oz-headed and concentrate only on the unfamiliar? After all, many alleged timeslips happen in unfamiliar locations.

For any kind of time or dimensional shifts to occur, the past, the present, and the future are all happening at the same time.

Funny, no one has ever shifted to the dinosaurs age.

Recently University of California at Berkeley asks the question if 2.5 billion T-Rex’s r stalked the earth, where are their bones ?

Only a few T-Rex’s bones have been found in comparison to their population.

Last edited:
Back