Time Or Dimensional Slips

Thank you so much @MorningAngel for that Ghosthunters vid. A few years ago I saved all of them on a Pinterest Board only to find that the channel had taken them down (or been told to). Loved this series. It wasn’t over-the-top, the narration and music were wonderful. I used to watch it on dark autumn afternoons which I now always associate with the series.
I managed to find a video on YouTube of that part of the programme, but when I searched for it just now it seems to have been taken down! Here's a link for my copy of it:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1la0u1gz3y8apx/The Mystery of Timeslips [FULL DOCUMENTARY].mp4?dl=0

Last edited:
You know that famous (infamous?) account of the policeman on Bond St in Liverpool and the Cripps building? Has either the policeman (Frank I think?) or the young woman ever come forward to corroborate this? I find it weird that the participants (victims? cosmonauts?) have never been interviewed publicly...

You know that famous (infamous?) account of the policeman on Bond St in Liverpool and the Cripps building? Has either the policeman (Frank I think?) or the young woman ever come forward to corroborate this? I find it weird that the participants (victims? cosmonauts?) have never been interviewed publicly...
Someone claiming to be the young woman came forward on the Danny Robins TV show Uncanny, there is discussion about it on the Uncanny thread.

There’s conflicting evidence about this in the Uncanny thread.

Repeating myself from the uncanny thread...

The talk of the significance of the nearby trains ( allegedly ultra low sound is one speculative explanation for inducing a dream like state) made me look up where I've heard that idea discussed previously. A couple of years ago one of the subscription channels resurrected Leonard Nimoy's old "In Search Of" series, this time fronted by his Spock replacement Zachary Quinto. Episode 5 dealt with time travel and spent ten minutes on Liverpool and Bold Street.

I've just searched it out to watch again. It throws another spanner in the works by again undermining the idea ( offered by me) that Tom Slemen is the sole source of the myth.

Slemen isnt mentioned. Nor Frank. Instead Quinto has a chat in a pub with the recently mentioned on this thread parapsychologist called Ann Winsper who it says has been studying the experiences. Interestingly...and as usual frustratingly...his voiceover says she's experienced one herself , but it never asks her about it. Of as great an interest he asks her "how many people have you spoken to who have had these experiences" and she thinks and replies "oh gosh, at least forty".

:dunno:

The talk of the significance of the nearby trains ( allegedly ultra low sound is one speculative explanation for inducing a dream like state) made me look up where I've heard that idea discussed previously. A couple of years ago one of the subscription channels resurrected Leonard Nimoy's old "In Search Of" series, this time fronted by his Spock replacement Zachary Quinto. Episode 5 dealt with time travel and spent ten minutes on Liverpool and Bold Street.

I've just searched it out to watch again. It throws another spanner in the works by again undermining the idea ( offered by me) that Tom Slemen is the sole source of the myth.

Slemen isnt mentioned. Nor Frank. Instead Quinto has a chat in a pub with the recently mentioned on this thread parapsychologist called Ann Winsper who it says has been studying the experiences. Interestingly...and as usual frustratingly...his voiceover says she's experienced one herself , but it never asks her about it. Of as great an interest he asks her "how many people have you spoken to who have had these experiences" and she thinks and replies "oh gosh, at least forty".

Interesting...

This appears to be episode in question with Quinto:

0505"Time Travel"UnknownUnknownAugust 17, 20181005
Quinto charts a journey to determine whether time travel is possible. He meets a man who claims to have traveled back in time due to a secret government program and a group of people living in Liverpool known as "time slippers". Zachary then makes a visit to the CERN headquarters in Geneva, where he attempts to understand the origins of the universe and the dimension of time. Equipped with this new knowledge, Zachary tests his own perception of time with an elaborate skydiving experiment to see if he can slow down time itself.

So unlesss I have this wrong it was broadcast in 2018. 'Haunted Liverpool 2' with the Frank Bold Street times-slip was published in 2011 so did they simply overlook Slemen and his Bold Street accounts?

Interesting...

This appears to be episode in question with Quinto:

0505"Time Travel"UnknownUnknownAugust 17, 20181005
Quinto charts a journey to determine whether time travel is possible. He meets a man who claims to have traveled back in time due to a secret government program and a group of people living in Liverpool known as "time slippers". Zachary then makes a visit to the CERN headquarters in Geneva, where he attempts to understand the origins of the universe and the dimension of time. Equipped with this new knowledge, Zachary tests his own perception of time with an elaborate skydiving experiment to see if he can slow down time itself.
Time slippers:
1700481433363.png

I was reading a few of the tales on the Uncanny discussion groups over on Facebook, and quite a few (if they are true) could be classed as Timeslips, one was seeing a nurse in a corridor of a building that used to be a hospital someone else saw a doctor running down a corridor both were dress it what looked like clothing from the 1950s and there are thousands of these sorts of story's the other alternative is some shades are trapped in a loop system condemned to repeat one moment time and time again.

But it does throw up some interesting dilemmas, like is time just one big loop system we travel through and when we get to the end we start again?

More fuel for the fire. Armed with a name, ive found a half hour podcast interview with Dr Winsper (who seems perfectly credible and serious) on the subject of Timeslips. Its clear she has been receiving and collating these reports first hand from witnesses. Though of course none are detailed beyond "a lady" or " a man" , which in this case i don't repeat disparagingly. She talks about Bold street specifically from about the 9 and a half minute mark.

She almost contradicts the Zachary Quinto voiceover which said she'd had such an experience herself. Because in this conversation she is asked that question directly and explicitly says no she hasn't (in reference at least to Bold Street). However she says she's had experiences out in the countryside which had some of the features common in time slip reports (changing/dimming of the light levels and muting of the background sounds) which made her suspect it possible she'd had the experience but in a location devoid of structures or people to make it obvious.

Anyway here it is

I was thinking as I dozed off last night. What if time is like pages of a book, which lie on top of each other and sometimes like if you got the pages wet you can see through to the other pages.
If any off it's true it does blow open all out theories about time and matter, I am still leaning towards the other dimensions theory but a few ghost stories have made me think again but we do need the holy grail of time slips and that's interaction between the parties and the past party remembering meeting the person dressed in strange clothes

Ann belongs to Parascience, a very small research group in Liverpool

Ann is one of the two people who run Parascience, a small research group in Liverpool. I tried to contact them early on in my Rougham research and got no reply. It seems their main (or only?) theory is that infrasound from the underground railway might be triggering time slips and there seems to be no real evidence for that. They are supposed to have around a 100 cases but have only published five to my knowledge. Besides Slemen and Parascience nobody seems to be making an effort there, and there are a number of cases from witnesses who haven't been recorded by either.

If any off it's true it does blow open all out theories about time and matter, I am still leaning towards the other dimensions theory but a few ghost stories have made me think again but we do need the holy grail of time slips and that's interaction between the parties and the past party remembering meeting the person dressed in strange clothes
There are a few Liverpool cases where a serious researcher there might get more. E.g., the case of the girl who went into a shop and found lots of items at cheap prices, but when she tried to pay with her card the manager seemed puzzled by it. and wouldn't accept it. It should be possible to track down the staff members who might have worked there and some should still be alive and might just recall the incident. Those Slemen cases where the witnesses do seem to have existed as well -- someone could track them down and maybe find out more details. There's absolutely no doubt that Liverpool does have more cases than any where else. My hypothesis is that it might have something to do with the very complex geology right under Bold Street.

There are a few Liverpool cases where a serious researcher there might get more. E.g., the case of the girl who went into a shop and found lots of items at cheap prices, but when she tried to pay with her card the manager seemed puzzled by it. and wouldn't accept it. It should be possible to track down the staff members who might have worked there and some should still be alive and might just recall the incident. Those Slemen cases where the witnesses do seem to have existed as well -- someone could track them down and maybe find out more details. There's absolutely no doubt that Liverpool does have more cases than any where else. My hypothesis is that it might have something to do with the very complex geology right under Bold Street.
Good thinking, until any serious research has taken place we have to take each tale at face value

I was reading a few of the tales on the Uncanny discussion groups over on Facebook, and quite a few (if they are true) could be classed as Timeslips, one was seeing a nurse in a corridor of a building that used to be a hospital someone else saw a doctor running down a corridor both were dress it what looked like clothing from the 1950s and there are thousands of these sorts of story's the other alternative is some shades are trapped in a loop system condemned to repeat one moment time and time again.

But it does throw up some interesting dilemmas, like is time just one big loop system we travel through and when we get to the end we start again?
That's like Dunne's theory, which I could never quite grasp. because it seems a bit pointless to keep experiencing the same thing!

What differentiates 'ghost sightings' from 'timeslips where background is unremarkable'? I was just pondering, all those tales, as above, of the 'doctor running down a corridor looking like they were dressed from the 1950s' (to be honest, doctors always look to me like scruffy individuals in a white coat and I'd be hard pressed to pin a decade to one), why is that a time slip and not a ghost sighting?

Are time slips just 'ghosts of buildings or locations' rather than people?

I assume the simplest difference between a ghost/apparition and a supposed timeslip is that in the former they appear out of place but in the latter you do.
But the 'timeslip' doctor was in a hospital.

I'm leaning towards it all being connected, ghosts, timeslips, all being some kind of dimensional 'thing' (sorry, physics isn't my strong point!)

What differentiates 'ghost sightings' from 'timeslips where background is unremarkable'? I was just pondering, all those tales, as above, of the 'doctor running down a corridor looking like they were dressed from the 1950s' (to be honest, doctors always look to me like scruffy individuals in a white coat and I'd be hard pressed to pin a decade to one), why is that a time slip and not a ghost sighting?

I get what you are saying but many so call ghost sightings appear to be shades just going through their normal day to day activities like running down a corridor or just walking, perhaps there needs to be certain circumstances for the whole scene to appear, maybe if some places have some part of what's needed and only the people appear

What kind of intrigues me is the repeated sightings of say a doctor running down a corridor, if it's a timeslip do people keep slipping back to that time, and if all the conditions were right would the surroundings change

I don't think all ghosts are timeslips, but where a sighting is made of someone just going about their business with no interaction with the viewer, from the cases I have read the shade does not even notice the viewer they just carry on doing what they are doing

Of course I have no proof of any of this, it's just conjecture, but it does make one think about the nature of time and reality

Yes, very difficult to draw a hard and fast line between them.

Hi everyone,
I'm writing an article about people's encounters of Time Slips in the UK. Would be great to chat to anyone that's experienced one. Feel free to respond to this message and then we can communicate by email. Thanks.
Sadly I've never had one so I can't help you out. I'll be interested to read your article once you've written it. All the best!

Back