• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

My guess is for a long time -- I have a feeling I have seen them in old photos going back to Edwardian, maybe Victorian times.
Houses were usually owned by big landlords and 'let' rather than being owned - until we reached the Thatcher era of home ownership being the pinnacle we must all achieve. Certainly the smaller runs of terraces were generally rented - my parents, back in the late 50's were quite unusual in owning their home.

They are called sale boards and not for sale signs apparently
????

images (3).jpeg

I just wonder if there’s a way to trigger time slips or if it’s in the mind, to get your mind in the right place to ‘see’ it. It would be a great way to time travel without having to travel.

As those of you that have seen the puzzling things unearthed in our garden I’d love a quick look back to go ‘ooooohhhhh that’s what that was about’.

Interesting thing I did once try visualising a road in my town going back once and I did come away thinking there was only a tramline one way and not the other and indeed there was when I checked. But I could have unconsciously noticed that in a picture.

I just wonder if there’s a way to trigger time slips or if it’s in the mind, to get your mind in the right place to ‘see’ it. It would be a great way to time travel without having to travel.

As those of you that have seen the puzzling things unearthed in our garden I’d love a quick look back to go ‘ooooohhhhh that’s what that was about’.

Interesting thing I did once try visualising a road in my town going back once and I did come away thinking there was only a tramline one way and not the other and indeed there was when I checked. But I could have unconsciously noticed that in a picture.
I think that time slips are triggered when a naturally sensitive person interacts with the rotational energy of the earth modified by local geology. I haven't heard any reports from anyone who consciously tried to go back in time. It might be interesting to find very sensitive people and take them to an area known for time slips (e.g. Liverpool town centre) and see what they report. It would also be interesting if you tried to visualise the past in other towns that you have no knowledge of.

Any Worcester-ites here who could shed some light on this?;

A friend said something a while ago that may be interesting.

He was on a train and it came into Droitwich Spa station, which he was sure they'd already gone through. He joked about a time-slip happening. Just out of interest I looked to see if any time-slips had been reported there and I found this article from 2014- https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11406155.ghostly-mosaic-at-shrub-hill-station-worcester/ -I sent it to my friend and he said it was interesting as the station in question (Shrub Hill) is the next stop on the line from Droitwich.

I perhaps wouldn't have paid too much attention to my friend but for the fact he is a major train buff and was 'spotting' as a child back in the 1950s. He is one of these people who knows every line/station/connection etc (not to mention every disused line as well), so it struck me as odd that he would think they'd already gone through Droitwich when they hadn't.

As Carl has pointed out, if we can find evidence that there was once a mosaic at Shrub Hill, it would suggest a time slip had indeed occured.

I think they are more tied to a place, if a particular sensitive person goes to the place they may have a time slip, it would be interesting to find out the paranormal history of the people that experience time slips, like some UFO abductees have experienced lots of different phenomena in their lifetime

I think they are more tied to a place, if a particular sensitive person goes to the place they may have a time slip, it would be interesting to find out the paranormal history of the people that experience time slips, like some UFO abductees have experienced lots of different phenomena in their lifetime
I think it would also be interesting to look into the lives of the people who experience dimension slips. They don't seem, in the main, to be 'particularly sensitive', many seem to be people who never go on to have any other experiences. But it would be enlightening to see what their previous preconceptions about experiences such as this were, and whether they had any other kind of paranormal experience either previously or subsequently.

I think it would also be interesting to look into the lives of the people who experience dimension slips. They don't seem, in the main, to be 'particularly sensitive', many seem to be people who never go on to have any other experiences. But it would be enlightening to see what their previous preconceptions about experiences such as this were, and whether they had any other kind of paranormal experience either previously or subsequently.
All of the time slip witnesses that I have managed to make contact with say they have had other experiences, mostly conventional ghost sightings, but other things as well. I haven't had much to do with dimensional slip witnesses, but I'll see if I can find any that also have a record of odd things.

I think they are more tied to a place, if a particular sensitive person goes to the place they may have a time slip, it would be interesting to find out the paranormal history of the people that experience time slips, like some UFO abductees have experienced lots of different phenomena in their lifetime.
Seen UFO's, Spirts and I think I had a OBE but still waiting for the Time Slip.

Houses were usually owned by big landlords and 'let' rather than being owned - until we reached the Thatcher era of home ownership being the pinnacle we must all achieve. Certainly the smaller runs of terraces were generally rented - my parents, back in the late 50's were quite unusual in owning their home.
My parents did as well. My Dad and Grandad had such bad experiences with landlords that Mum and Dad agreed not to have children until they owned a house. They bought a half-complete one off a bankrupt builder and Dad and Grandad finished it.

I'm the same - I'd rather live in a caravan or tent than pay a landlord. When I was first married I had some ghastly experiences with renting, and it's no better today judging by the experiences of my young friends.

Re trains and time slips - back in my childhood trainspotting days I saw the same train twice within a few minutes - or thought I did. This was at Shenfield, Essex. Wrote the number down in my book and noticed it was the same as one I'd written down five minutes before. They were both going in the same direction, it hadn't gone past and come back again.

Last edited:
My parents did as well. My Dad and Grandad had such bad experiences with landlords that Mum and Dad agreed not to have children until they owned a house. They bought a half-complete one off a bankrupt builder and Dad and Grandad finished it.

I'm the same - I'd rather live in a caravan or tent than pay a landlord. When I was first married I had some ghastly experiences with renting, and it's no better today judging by the experiences of my young friends.

Re trains and time slips - back in my childhood trainspotting days I saw the same train twice within a few minutes - or thought I did. This was at Shenfield, Essex. Wrote the number down in my book and noticed it was the same as one I'd written down five minutes before. They were both going in the same direction, it hadn't gone past and come back again.
That's a pretty convincing slip. Don't suppose you can give your age, the approximate year, etc.?

Private landlords are not a good idea, but you can still get a few good council landlords and Housing Associations. You don't have to be on the poverty line to qualify.

Private landlords are not a good idea, but you can still get a few good council landlords and Housing Associations. You don't have to be on the poverty line to qualify.
You don't, but unless you have a high number of 'points' (disability, single parent, etc) you will be on a list for years.

That's a pretty convincing slip. Don't suppose you can give your age, the approximate year, etc.?

I'd have been about 13. I used to bunk off school and spend my lunch money on an off peak ticket to the nearest fairly busy station. Say 1968?

The train was one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_307

Recognisable by the nearly flat front and narrow driver's windows. Actually a really nice train after they were refurbished.

It may have already been reported but there was a case of one of the Western Diesel Hydraulics being recorded only problem was it had been cut up for scrap a few days before.
There is the famous case of 55020 Nimbus of the Deltics being spotted between the Hadley Wood tunnels a year after it was scrapped.

Having lived within earshot of the East Coast main line from 1979 to 1981 I'd have to say the howl of a nighttime Deltic is one of the most emotive sounds you will ever hear at 2 am - and if you are inclined to be superstitious it is fairly certain to make your hair stand on end, especially in a fog.

I'd have been about 13. I used to bunk off school and spend my lunch money on an off peak ticket to the nearest fairly busy station. Say 1968?

The train was one of these:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Rail_Class_307

Recognisable by the nearly flat front and narrow driver's windows. Actually a really nice train after they were refurbished.
Fascinating. Of course the average passenger waiting for a train would have had no idea which train was on time and which... wasn't.

There is the famous case of 55020 Nimbus of the Deltics being spotted between the Hadley Wood tunnels a year after it was scrapped.

Having lived within earshot of the East Coast main line from 1979 to 1981 I'd have to say the howl of a nighttime Deltic is one of the most emotive sounds you will ever hear at 2 am - and if you are inclined to be superstitious it is fairly certain to make your hair stand on end, especially in a fog.
That's interesting, if you can get a link for that it would be great. Of course you can get time slips that are purely audio.. I wonder how that sound would compare with the famous howl of the Vulcan bomber! That's pretty scary too.

You don't, but unless you have a high number of 'points' (disability, single parent, etc) you will be on a list for years.
True, the system used to be more flexible and landlords were allowed some discretion, but in recent years scores of regulations and restrictions have been brought in.

That's interesting, if you can get a link for that it would be great. Of course you can get time slips that are purely audio.. I wonder how that sound would compare with the famous howl of the Vulcan bomber! That's pretty scary too.
This is a pretty poor reference,

https://unusualthingsblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/02/the-ghost-deltic/

But back in the 1980's it appeared in various railway magazines and also a book. Pre Internet, I'm afraid.

Yes, it does compare with a Vulcan very well. By coincidence in the mid 1980's I had remarried and by then was living very close to Southend/Rochford airfield, near the end of the shorter runway. I've heard a Vulcan taking off from that runway when presumably it had to use full chat to get off and my goodness that's another sound you don't forget. Nor do you forget the sight of something like that apparently standing one one wing directly over one's house as it executed a somewhat violent turn after take off.

This is a pretty poor reference,

https://unusualthingsblog.wordpress.com/2017/08/02/the-ghost-deltic/

But back in the 1980's it appeared in various railway magazines and also a book. Pre Internet, I'm afraid.

Yes, it does compare with a Vulcan very well. By coincidence in the mid 1980's I had remarried and by then was living very close to Southend/Rochford airfield, near the end of the shorter runway. I've heard a Vulcan taking off from that runway when presumably it had to use full chat to get off and my goodness that's another sound you don't forget. Nor do you forget the sight of something like that apparently standing one one wing directly over one's house as it executed a somewhat violent turn after take off.
The reference is fine, it talks about ghost trains rather than time slips but gives the main info, thanks! Not sure how I got offered a video on YouTUbe of the Vulcan bomber and its amazing sound but it so fascinated me that I downloaded several more.

Apologies if this has been mentioned in the past, but it's not one that seems to crop up very often for some reason;

WEIRD NORFOLK: The Norfolk village where a family literally stepped back in time​

Author Picture Icon
Stacia Briggs And Siofra Connor

Published: 6:00 PM June 27, 2020 Updated: 6:15 PM October 13, 2020

Weird Norfolk: The main street in Horning. The village is said to revert to how it looked 100 years

Weird Norfolk: The main street in Horning. The village is said to revert to how it looked 100 years ago in a timeslip every five years. Picture: DENISE BRADLEY - Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020

An unsettling time slip in Horning: “The three began to feel uneasy, noting that a strange silence had descended…The landscape became blurry and the houses were replaced by ancient cottages.”

It was Norfolk’s own Picnic at Hanging Rock: a village where time stood still and where a family found themselves transported back in time as they stood in shock. The Margolis family were walking around the beautiful Norfolk village of Horning in the summer of 1978 – possibly 1979 – taking in the riverside views at one of the gems in the Norfolk Broads’ crown. Mr and Mrs Margolis and their 11-year-old son were suddenly overcome with uneasiness – the village had suddenly fallen entirely silent and, as they walked, the trio began to feel increasingly dizzy.

Realisng quickly that something was very wrong, they began to feel not only disorientated, but frightened. The landscape had started to melt away “like a big heat haze’ and the houses that they had looked at seconds earlier turned before their eyes into ancient cottages. In amazement they watched as the modern road transformed into little more than a muddy track and the cars into carts. A thin man wearing brown appeared walking alongside a battered cart drawn by a large horse: he didn’t so much as glance at the family. Then, as suddenly as they had moved from one time to another, they heard modern-day noises: cars, voices, the thrum of life with electricity. As quickly as it had appeared, the past had evaporated. In his book Cover-Ups and Secrets: The Complete Guide to Government Conspiracies, Manipulations and Deceptionsby Nick Redfern, he quotes an interview given by Mrs Margolis in 1997, after the death of her husband. She said that she appeared to have emerged from the trance-like state induced by the time slip far faster than either her husband or son and that they had seemed “out of it and distracted, as if they were underwater”.

I seem to remember that that first appeared as a Christmas ghost story in a Deltic enthusiasts magazine in about 1981 - it wasn't supposed to be a true story. I think it was then picked up by W. B. Herbert in his Railway Ghosts & Phantoms book and he treated it as if it were. Since then it's grown legs.

I too grew up - between about 1970 and 1984, within 100 yards of the ECML and used to hear the Deltics thundering past in the night blowing their horns. A hugely evocative sound.

I seem to remember that that first appeared as a Christmas ghost story in a Deltic enthusiasts magazine in about 1981 - it wasn't supposed to be a true story. I think it was then picked up by W. B. Herbert in his Railway Ghosts & Phantoms book and he treated it as if it were. Since then it's grown legs.

I too grew up - between about 1970 and 1984, within 100 yards of the ECML and used to hear the Deltics thundering past in the night blowing their horns. A hugely evocative sound.
Still, if there was a Deltic ghost you'd expect to find it climbing out of London on a sunny evening or hammering across the fens in a mist at dawn.

It would be interesting to find other occurrence of train timeslips, or even 'time stutters' of only a few minutes. There are a couple of others in Herbert's book but agreed he's not a reliable source.

I seem to recall a backwards one, as it were, where people somewhere in the rural US or Canada saw something that resembled a railway train years before railways became widespread.

Last edited:
Still, if there was a Deltic ghost you'd expect to find it climbing out of London on a sunny evening or hammering across the fens in a mist at dawn.

It would be interesting to find other occurrence of train timeslips, or even 'time stutters' of only a few minutes. There are a couple of others in Herbert's book but agreed he's not a reliable source.

I seem to recall a backwards one, as it were, where people somewhere in the rural US or Canada saw something that resembled a railway train years before railways became widespread.
Of course, Victor Goddard also famously time-slipped into the future as well.

The Deltic's sound like they are doing 100mph even on tick over.

Back