• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Would be interesting if we could get an address of the thached property in Stow to check on any old maps to see if anything once stood there (or to even just view from above on the modern google earth).
Good idea. Hopefully if he replies I will ask him.

Checked out an old map (1890s) and Google Earth. The steepest road/pathway seems to be the one heading West from the town. There's now a main road there. No obvious indications of a cottage that I can see. I'll ask the witness for more detail once he finishes his current project.

I’ve been pondering this for a while, just some meandering thoughts. Rather than create a new thread, I might as well post here. I had been reading the timeslips thread (yes, this one!) and bits about alternate realities and thought that I had hit a snag, then kept thinking and, well… Assuming that alternate realities exist, and occasionally people slip between them (big assumption, I know, but reading this thread got me thinking about this when walking down the street). You would occasionally expect people to turn up in a fatally wrong place and get run over by a car, for example. After such an accident, either the luckless dimensional traveller remains as a mysterious corpse (plenty of unidentified bodies in morgues, I suspect), or would “flip” back to their own reality with two immediate consequences – 1) the person who ran them over screeches to a halt and checks for a body, finding none – wow, road ghost, phantom accidents etc. 2) accident victim appears back in their own reality, with no culprit – apparently the victim of a hit and run accident, of which there are plenty. So one mystery leads towards causing others… Of course you would also expect the mystery reappearance of a corpse to be witnessed every now and then. Damn. There goes that idea!

... one mystery leads towards causing others… Of course you would also expect the mystery reappearance of a corpse to be witnessed every now and then. Damn. There goes that idea!
You lost me here at the very end. Were you implying / meaning:

- there are witnessed corpse reappearances, so the multi-realities scenario remains plausible?
OR
- there are no witnessed corpse reappearances, so the multi-realities scenario is arguably debunked?

You lost me here at the very end. Were you implying / meaning:

- there are witnessed corpse reappearances, so the multi-realities scenario remains plausible?
OR
- there are no witnessed corpse reappearances, so the multi-realities scenario is arguably debunked?
Sorry, that comes from trying to type up a meandering thought. I am assuming that no-one has witnessed the reappearance of a mystery corpse... not that I've actually searched for accounts.

Last edited:
I’ve been pondering this for a while, just some meandering thoughts. Rather than create a new thread, I might as well post here. I had been reading the timeslips thread (yes, this one!) and bits about alternate realities and thought that I had hit a snag, then kept thinking and, well… Assuming that alternate realities exist, and occasionally people slip between them (big assumption, I know, but reading this thread got me thinking about this when walking down the street). You would occasionally expect people to turn up in a fatally wrong place and get run over by a car, for example. After such an accident, either the luckless dimensional traveller remains as a mysterious corpse (plenty of unidentified bodies in morgues, I suspect), or would “flip” back to their own reality with two immediate consequences – 1) the person who ran them over screeches to a halt and checks for a body, finding none – wow, road ghost, phantom accidents etc. 2) accident victim appears back in their own reality, with no culprit – apparently the victim of a hit and run accident, of which there are plenty. So one mystery leads towards causing others… Of course you would also expect the mystery reappearance of a corpse to be witnessed every now and then. Damn. There goes that idea!
Actually, if you go through Reddit's Glitch in the Matrix forum, there is just about every possible kind of dimensional/time related/alternate reality scenario going. I recall one where a corpse allegedly appeared in the middle of the road, but it did read a bit like creative writing, and I see it's been removed now. There was a time slip case in Liverpool (one of Slemen's, but it seems fairly reliable) where a tram started to materialise ahead of a car and the driver and his vehicle passed through it. He pulled up, shaken, and an elderly lady came up and told him she has seen it as well, plus the road being replaced by cobblestones. Actually what is more common is for a driver to be targeted by a speeding car coming in the opposite direction, realises he has no chance of surviving, and then somehow the car has passed and he is OK. But in such cases there are often dimensional changes noted afterwards, his front door which was blue is now purple, there is a tree growing where his garden shed should be, etc. In one case where a mother and daughter seemed to escape certain death in a crash, they both had visions of the mangled wreckage and their bodies being put into an ambulance etc.

Actually, if you go through Reddit's Glitch in the Matrix forum, there is just about every possible kind of dimensional/time related/alternate reality scenario going. I recall one where a corpse allegedly appeared in the middle of the road, but it did read a bit like creative writing, and I see it's been removed now. ...
I agree about seeing examples of the various scenarios, with the exception of this particular category ... Off hand, I don't recall a mysterious corpse discovery story in which one or more observers were documented as having witnessed the corpse* appear out of nowhere.

* Or person in the process of dying (e.g., falling as if out of the sky or off a building).

Here's a more convincing one--

Also this one:

Bike accident, but no accident?

Well, after reading a story about a similar topic, I
immedeately thought of this.
My friends and me were riding back from school.
There was a T shaped crossing and we would
always go right because a friend lived there and it
was pretty much on the way.
A friend of mine said: We'll go left. I didnt really
believe him, because we always went right. I was
riding behind him, expecting him to go right. He
actually went left. My front tire hit his back tire and i
was launched off my bike. Mid air i thought: Holy
sh*t that is going to be painful.
Suddenly i am standing about 1,5 meters next to
my bike, with no cuts or bruises what so ever. It felt
like something was not right. It felt like i was pulled
up and sat down. Nothing like the real world, I
knew. Like Gravitation was just a myth.
To this day, I sometimes tell this story and
sometimes people tell me theirs. So many people
are just ignoring their "glitches".

Aw I’ve yet to come across one.

I do worry that some missing people have gone through to another time/dimension and got stuck though.
There are one or two cases where people have got into an apparent time slip and have been directed where to go to return safely by some helpful individual who clearly knew what was happening. On the other hand there are the cases from the Golosov Ravine in Russia where some people are said to have travelled to the future and been unable to return.

There are one or two cases where people have got into an apparent time slip and have been directed where to go to return safely by some helpful individual who clearly knew what was happening. On the other hand there are the cases from the Golosov Ravine in Russia where some people are said to have travelled to the future and been unable to return.
How interesting have you got any more information or a link ?

That mist again, Jenny Randles has written a bit about it hasn't she ?

I know it's not present in many cases but it's linked to that Oz factor

I am more likely to believe that people enter or see another dimension than travel forward and back in time which could explain most Fortean Phenomena, hang about have a stumbled across the theory of everything ?

Could we live besides countless other dimensions some the same or similar some wildly different and in some special places they can overlap

I can feel a Nobel prize coming on!

That mist again, Jenny Randles has written a bit about it hasn't she ?

I know it's not present in many cases but it's linked to that Oz factor

I am more likely to believe that people enter or see another dimension than travel forward and back in time which could explain most Fortean Phenomena, hang about have a stumbled across the theory of everything ?

Could we live besides countless other dimensions some the same or similar some wildly different and in some special places they can overlap

I can feel a Nobel prize coming on!
Good luck with the Nobel prize. I think it's both time and dimensional slips that are going on!

Checked out an old map (1890s) and Google Earth. The steepest road/pathway seems to be the one heading West from the town. There's now a main road there. No obvious indications of a cottage that I can see. I'll ask the witness for more detail once he finishes his current project.
Just been looking at an old picture of Stonehenge taken from what is now the A303 where it used to split with the old A344, with some cottages that were knocked down in 1938 (along with a cafe). Can't seem to find any trace of them on old maps, so it just shows you.

Attachments

• stonehenge-and-cafe-1930s.jpg
    stonehenge-and-cafe-1930s.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 17
  • stonehenge.png
    stonehenge.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
Just been looking at an old picture of Stonehenge taken from what is now the A303 where it used to split with the old A344, with some cottages that were knocked down in 1938 (along with a cafe). Can't seem to find any trace of them on old maps, so it just shows you.
There was an interview on BBC breakfast with a woman that used to live in one of those cottages as a child, and Stonehenge was something of a playground to her.

Here is different source

https://www.indy100.com/news/stonehenge-daughter-english-heritage-dad-australia-b1937380

I suppose that without aerial photography in those days the OS could only wander around and hope that they'd mapped everything. Must have been difficult work in wooded areas.

We had a bit of one t'other day.

On way home along a lane after a longish ride I noticed a sign next to an open gate that said 'OPEN'.

We'd actually been aiming for the pub at the crossroads further along which we could see from there.
In fact Techy had just jokily sung 'I see a little silhouetto of a pub!'

However, as the sign was colourful with what looked like a background of flowers I assumed it was a plant nursery where we might obtain coffee and delicious cakes.

I told Techy I wanted to turn back to investigate so we did, and saw that it was a nursery sign and there were large greenhouses.
No obvious cafe though so we set off again towards the pub.

We expected to arrive at the pub in a couple of minutes as we'd both seen it at the crossroads ahead but instead it took us over ten minutes to reach it. We both remarked on this.

At home I looked online for the nursery but couldn't find it.

So: we saw a plant nursery that doesn't exist and thought we were much further along a lane than we were because we could see our destination that was actually a mile away.

We're obviously getting something wrong!
I'll have a ride along there this week for another look.

Back