• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Quirks: Perceived Time Flow Slowing, Stopping Or Speeding Up

Our dog Dolly is a Bedlington Terrier. She has copper toxicosis which means that her liver cannot absorb copper. So she has to be on a special diet, has filtered water and has a Denamarin tablet once a day.

Bedlingtons are prone to Copper Toxicosis but it wasn't known about until relatively recently. They are an old breed of dog, apparently originating in the 18th century. Their average lifespan is 13 (human) years.

This is just info because they are an old breed of dog. Dolly is healthy and fit as a flea by the way.
Named after Dolly the sheep?

There have been internet reports that when a person is in an accident like a car wreck, escaping from a crashed plane, or something like a motorcycle accident, the person in the accident claims that time almost slows down to almost a stand still.

One lady waiting her turn to get off a crash airplane claims it seemed like everyone was moving in slow motion and time was non existent as flames were seen outside the windows.

We know time does not slow down, so what is going on ?

People who study this phenomenon struggle for an answer.

It is assumed that it is the adrenaline in “ fight or flight “ response.

The adrenaline puts the brain in fast gear distorting time.

The brain is a tricky thing, or does fear really slow time down, the power of our brain to do so ?
I somersaulted a car off the road once and my perception of time slowed. I was aware of everything happening around me and I was able calmly to equate noises with what was happening. As in there goes the rear window. That noise is the tool chest moving around (estate car so no boot) and so on. Would rather not do that again thank you very much.

Back