• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Slip

This is it:

There is an interesting future slip that I came across a few years ago in an author's personal site. Unfortunately when I searched for it recently it had vanished, and so had the file in my computer, so I wrote up the original story from my printout in a tidier way (pixieanne, the witness, had a rather casual approach to punctuation):

FUTURE TIME SLIP IN AUSTRALIA Posted originally on Anthony Peake website ca 2013, but no longer available.

Punctuation and spelling improved.

Hi,

I have also had an experience similar to these [previous posts]. I live in Australia and at the age of 23 travelled from Sydney in one state to the Sunshine Coast in another. At that time the highway was pretty much single lane, passing through most towns. During my holiday on the sunny coast I overheard some people talking of the great timecutting bypass around Newcastle, which is quite a large city. I was excited to try it on the way back, assuming that I must have missed the exit on my way up the coast, as I tended to be a bit of a day-dreamer, listening to my music up loud. Anyway, I made sure I paid close attention on my way back, and some distance outside a small town called Raymond Terrace, sure enough, there was my bypass. It was terrific, must have cut my time by about an hour. Some months later, I travelled back up the coast for a holiday with my then partner. It was shortly after the Newcastle earth quake, because we both made mention of what was happening on the news. It was another great time-saving trip there and back. It wasn't until later when we had an argument with someone regarding the new Newcastle bypass, who was adamant that it didn't exist, it was only in the planning stage, that I suppose we kind of wondered who was the “crazy” one, because we knew it was there. I had personally driven on it three times – twice with my partner. The next time we went up the coast on holiday, we couldn't find the bypass exit, we even ended up turning around to try and find it, but it wasn't there. It wasn't until years later that it came into existence in the entirety of which we drove. So I suppose the question is, did we experience a time slip or alternate universe, or was it an act of “consciousness?” I truly believed the road existed, and so it did, to the extent that I passed my belief to my partner, who in turn shared in the experience. Because it wasn't until there was doubt in my mind as to its reality that it was no longer there... I don't know. Pixieanne

Note:

The 1989 Newcastle earthquake occurred in Newcastle, New South Wales on Thursday, 28 December. The shock measured 5.6 on the Richter magnitude scale and was one of Australia's most serious natural disasters, killing 13 people and injuring more than 160.
So one question I would love to ask them is where there any other vehicles on the bypass when they travelled over it before it was built? If so, were any of the car registrations from the future?

https://forums.forteana.org/index.p...e-chesterfield-1969.68103/page-7#post-2275494

Looking at post #186 in the Ray Alan thread, it seems Pixieanne may have been mistaken about when the bypass was actually built, which is rather a boring explanation!
Good find! If you look at the area on Google maps there are more than a few routes along roads which could be classified as bypasses and which were all built at different times and then subsumed into new road schemes etc.

Back