• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Slipping

Interesting, although I will say that we've discussed quite a number of Time Slip reports in the main Time or Dimensional Slips thread, and this motif does not appear to have been mentioned in any of them.

I think that to a degree I would probably agree. Us on here, of the mindset to want evidence and answers, might. But everyday folk probably wouldn't. They may even have been skeptical of the notion that this old woman *was* a previous owner. As a workman you might well hold on to something given to in case you needed to return it or on the chance that somebody might come to reclaim it. But you wouldn't keep it forever. Time moves on. You'd probably chuck it eventually.

I would likewise agree with that. The latter is very much centralised on one or more person's perception of time passing. Time Slips generally involve persons or objects from one time period turning up in another one, in a fashion which cannot be readily explained.

Both are definitely laden with Fortean possibilities, but the term should not be considered interchangeable in what they cover.

Which is also perfectly possible, too.

That one strikes me far more as a ghost story. And I say that for one key detail in the narrative. 'Harry' asks to be taken up to the room where he had died.

This element of self-awareness over his death is what would largely invalidate this as a true Time Slip. Because if we were to accept that this really was Harry, a figure from the past straying accidentally into the present, then he would not *be* aware of his own passing. Unless he was simply a bit of a nihilistic fellow. But but it seems less likely.
Curious, I may be misremembering but I seem to recall some mention of the leitmotif of the overalled man in this podcast (I think it was - I listen to a lot of podcasts!):

https://www.astonishinglegends.com/...ep-149-dan-susan-micah-hanks-and-missing-time

Back