• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Slipping

so had you ever encountered the image you linked above while working there, is that photo to be found anywhere in the buildings etc

I have no intention of proving that a timeslip occurrence did not happen to you and your wife, but I took some time to research recent events in which large metal structures were erected in Roundhay Park. And as for the lake being seen through the trees, I supposed you took some time to study the park in detail and approach from different angles on the lookout for smaller trees and such?

I used "the wayback machine" to find the summer event schedule for Roundhay park, summer 2018. Not much seemed to be going on: A run, a dance workout, a rowing club. I came across some older concert pictures though; this one labelled as Roundhay Park 2006:

robbie-rhp06.jpg

Additionally, I can't find a date for this article, but it appears to show large structures in Roundhay Park, Leeds.

This is a very interesting case. I have been waiting for another Leeds case, having been a bit obsessed with the classic "One thing Leeds to Another" incident, where two sisters had a very weird experience in a newsagent in Roundhay Road. I managed to contact one witness, learned that the other was already dead, and then she too stopped replying to my emails -- not a good sign. There doesn't appear to be any interest in time slips amongst the local paranormal groups, and I'm sure there must be other slips waiting to be discovered.

No i had never encountered that image while working in the park and no the image is nowhere within the park whatsoever.We both know what we saw on that day.
Were there any stories that circulated among the ground staff? Fortean ones, I mean.

I found it timely to re-post this (from the four famous time slips thread):

CuriousIdent said:
Most time slip experiences, I agree, do feature a subject moving or entering a place or position where things begin to change around them. They may not notice it a first, but there could well be some kind of theoretical line crossed into (and out of) the timeslip.

But not all.

The example of the story above is more like (for want of a better analogy) a weather event. Like a cloud of rain passing over. Those involved did not move. The time slip event passed over the area, rather than their passing into it.

So in this case, it seems that Kev wandered into (and out of) the time slip experience by crossing some sort of invisible border containing the experience itself. Kev, could you roughly describe where you were when the experience both begun and ended? Coordinates from google maps would be incredible if you're able to -- just go here and then right-click a place and choose "What's here?" and then you'll see a little information box appear along the bottom where you can copy the coordinates.

Is the center area what you call the arena?
roundhay.jpg

CuriousIdent said:
Most time slip experiences, I agree, do feature a subject moving or entering a place or position where things begin to change around them. They may not notice it a first, but there could well be some kind of theoretical line crossed into (and out of) the timeslip.

But not all.

The example of the story above is more like (for want of a better analogy) a weather event. Like a cloud of rain passing over. Those involved did not move. The time slip event passed over the area, rather than their passing into it.

So in this case, it seems that Kev wandered into (and out of) the time slip experience by crossing some sort of invisible border containing the experience itself. Kev, could you roughly describe where you were when the experience both begun and ended? Coordinates from google maps would be incredible if you're able to -- just go here and then right-click a place and choose "What's here?" and then you'll see a little information box appear along the bottom where you can copy the coordinates.

View attachment 15069
That's an interesting idea. There usually is a very definite line of demarcation between the time slip area and that in normal time and I can't recall any case where the witnesses remained still and the zone passed over them, as it were.

I'm intrigued by Kev's details of the "smell which seemed like gunpowder" (ozone?) and the observation that the ground was damp. Had there been a thunderstorm immediately before you and your wife saw the old structure in the park, Kev?

I distinctly remember reading a timeslip account online, somewhere in the past 5-10 years, where a man described going to a cricket field with a friend after a thunderstorm, leaving his bike outside the pavilion/equipment shed, and going inside to find the equipment (stumps, balls?) to set up for a game. He then came back outside into much damper, post-storm type weather, to observe his bike missing, and no sign of the equipment (markers?) that had already been set up on the damp ground when he got there. Thinking he was being pranked, he walked right around the shed searching for his bike before going back inside for more equipment to replace the missing items, came out again with it...and found his bike and the equipment back in place. His friend had witnessed him come out, look angry and walk around the shed, but insisted the bike and markers had been there all along.

Of course, I can't find the account anywhere! ...But I know Carl has a vast repository of timeslip accounts catalogued, so perhaps he'll remember it? My point here is just to wonder whether stormy weather or associated atmospheric conditions triggered the event at Roundhay Park too?

That's an interesting idea. There usually is a very definite line of demarcation between the time slip area and that in normal time ...
is that true ?

the test of that would be the ability to physically move into and out of the affected zone ... rather than an effect which came and subsequently passed

and the implication would be that the cause was almost certainly, or largely, external rather than internal to the experiencer

... the test of that would be the ability to physically move into and out of the affected zone ... rather than an effect which came and subsequently passed ...

That's a good point. Off hand, I don't recall any time slip storylines claiming the 'other-time' was encountered more than once, much less fluctuating back and forth between 'other-time' and 'now-time'.

All the ones that come to mind involved a single slip with a variable length of time spent in the 'other-time' condition.

That's a good point. Off hand, I don't recall any time slip storylines claiming the 'other-time' was encountered more than once, much less fluctuating back and forth between 'other-time' and 'now-time'.

All the ones that come to mind involved a single slip with a variable length of time spent in the 'other-time' condition.
The Bold Street story about Sean the shoplifter - the lad who reportedly slipped back into 1967 while dodging a security man who was chasing him - said that, when he reached the "now" end of the street and looked back down it, he could still see "1967" going on in the distance.

is that true ?

the test of that would be the ability to physically move into and out of the affected zone ... rather than an effect which came and subsequently passed

and the implication would be that the cause was almost certainly, or largely, external rather than internal to the experiencer
There are two well known and fairly dramatic cases that do give fairly specific descriptions of the entry and exit process. The Liverpool case of Sean, a shoplifter who allegedly escaped from a pursuing security guard by travelling back to 1967: After wandering around in a panic he suddenly found himself back in the present, but when he glanced back people in the next street were still dressed in 60s clothing. The other, the Leeds case where two sisters looking to buy cigarettes entered a newsagents. The second one gave a warning to watch out for a customer examining magazines near the door, but as she did the first sister passed through the customer who faded away. They found themselves alone in a dark and cold shop which rather unnerved them and they quickly exited. After a few seconds they re-entered, and found it was now full of customers and brightly lit. When they approached the shop assistant in confusion, she backed away, clearly frightened. I have been trying to locate that lady, who may have been the wife of the shop's owner, Mr Taheris, because she would hopefully have seen the witnesses entering the shop and (I presume) fading away after walking through the customer near the door. As you say, this would clearly establish the process as external to the witness (in a sense).

The Bold Street story about Sean the shoplifter - the lad who reportedly slipped back into 1967 while dodging a security man who was chasing him - said that, when he reached the "now" end of the street and looked back down it, he could still see "1967" going on in the distance.
I see you beat me to it with this one!

Please do!!!
No luck so far -- I am hoping that someone who lives in Leeds and sees this might try visiting the shop (no longer a newsagents) and asking what happened to the previous owner, Mr Taheris. I got no reply to a letter asking if they could forward a letter to him. It would be hard, I think, to explain over the phone about time slips and how important it would be to get that lady's information!

The image is the shop as it is today. The pdf shows the original shop and the location.

Attachments

• 22968839.jpg
    22968839.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 25
  • Taheris.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 37
This is a very interesting case. I have been waiting for another Leeds case, having been a bit obsessed with the classic "One thing Leeds to Another" incident, where two sisters had a very weird experience in a newsagent in Roundhay Road. I managed to contact one witness, learned that the other was already dead, and then she too stopped replying to my emails -- not a good sign. There doesn't appear to be any interest in time slips amongst the local paranormal groups, and I'm sure there must be other slips waiting to be discovered.

I'm not sure I'm aware of that one Carl. Where did you come across it?

CuriousIdent said:

But not all.

View attachment 15069

And who am I discount the words of such a fine and learned fellow? I'd listen to his words if I were you! ;)

Yes, this certainly sounds like the former rather than the latter. The majority of possible Timeslip cases we have discussed on this forum share some kind of common ground with this.

the so-called doorway effect has us forgetting what we came into the room for, writ large could this be related : "The Doorway Effect occurs when our attention moves between levels, and it reflects the reliance of our memories – even memories for what we were about to do – on the environment we’re in."

Many thanks for accepting me into your group,i do appreciate it.

Before you read this i would just like to add that i used to work here as a gardener

Last summer here in the UK my wife and I we were out for our walk in the countryside of Leeds and on our return from our trip we always cross over Roundhay Park and over the arena(This is where the concerts and other events are held)This time upon the arena coming into view we both witnessed what looked like steel framing and a smell of what seemed like gunpowder and the ground was damp,it was a hot day by the way.All the people had disappeared who were there sunbathing and we could see someone banging with a hammer on the framework.Everything around us seemed a little bit different,ie the trees were smaller and lake was visible through the framework whereas today the trees are thick and you wouldn't see the lake.

What you see in the link is what we both wittenesed and as we walked a bit further on the arena was then back to how it would look normally

I did a bit of research and came up with this http://www.leodis.net/display.aspx?resourceIdentifier=200294_93156070&DISPLAY=FULL

I do hope that all this makes a bit of sense and we both know what we saw on that day.Many thanks

I hope that the link opens ok.

Edit:I just want to say many thanks for reading and understanding what i'm trying to say here as it all happened so quickly.Cheers

Welcome aboard, Kev.

Fascinating experience. Thanks for sharing it. Myself and Carl Grove have kind of become the guys who document all of the timeslip experiences which people post about on this forum. You can find more at Time or Dimensional Slips. It's a bit of a long read of a thread, so we have an Index Post linking quicker to reports on individual experiences.

Maybe you'll find some common ground there?

But first, I hope that you wouldn't mind me picking your brains for a minute.

Thinking back to your experience you noted a visual change in the environment (that's for sure) but also:
  • Did you recall coming in physical contact with anything during your experience? Touch anything? Or pick it up?
  • Did you converse or make eye contact with anybody whom you would perceive to have been part of this potential timeslip?
There is no right or wrong answers to those questions, btw. Just trying to get a bolder picture in my mind of what you and your wife experienced.

Likewise, you mention a very specific smell. That's interesting. Do you recall any of the following?

• A perceptible change in weather.
  • A shift in the time of day.
  • A change of season.
  • A change of lighting state.
  • A change in temperature.
  • Hearing sounds or voices (without necessarily locating their source)
  • Hearing a sudden change in the level of background noise.
Again, there is no right or wrong answer here. Just things which you might want to consider when thinking about your experience. If you have the time to answer these, it would appreciated.

And again, welcome to the boards! :)

Last edited:
source account contains nothing anachronistic ?
Not sure what you're getting at, but if you check out the link you will find that Naomi managed to save quite a few of these early (in internet terms) cases.

i suppose im saying its not a timeslip, as time was not a component of the account

i suppose im saying its not a timeslip, as time was not a component of the account
My initial assumption was that it was a time slip to a cold morning before the newsagent had started work (past or future). The alternative is a glitch in the Matrix kind of answer, i.e. the shop as a static image minus any of the customers or staff. When I mentioned this to Mandy, she said "It was a non place." Both sisters felt that whatever happened had been engineered to prevent some terrible accident involving them and the nearby bus stop. Interestingly, the lady, one of the older witnesses in the US case where they gave a lift to a young man late at night -- to them it was years in the past, to him the present -- felt that had the miracle not happened something awful would have happened to him. So in both of these cases where independent witnesses were allegedly involved, some of the participants sensed a purpose behind them.

No luck so far -- I am hoping that someone who lives in Leeds and sees this might try visiting the shop (no longer a newsagents) and asking what happened to the previous owner, Mr Taheris. I got no reply to a letter asking if they could forward a letter to him. It would be hard, I think, to explain over the phone about time slips and how important it would be to get that lady's information!

The image is the shop as it is today. The pdf shows the original shop and the location.
That was my grandparents' local shops. They lived on Bankside St which runs onto that road - in the 1920s-1971. My dad will have known that shop in the 1930s. Like the back of his hand. He was born almost opposite Roundhay Park then from aged 5 or 6, they had a business just off the Roundhay Rd. My great grandad grew up on a farm at Roundhay. I will have been in these shops when I was a kid in the late 1960s. Although I have no specific memory of it. Great grt uncle was a stunt rider/horse-trainer and extra in early UK made cowboy films and I'm told he did a show stunt riding on Soldiers' Field, some time after WW1.

ETA: Maybe grt uncle was at that event that Kev saw in the timeslip? My grandad very likely was. How weird.

Dad's been gone for over ten years - how I wish I could ask him about that shop. I'm certain if I'd showed him that picture, he'd have known what it was in the past.

Last edited:
Back