• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Time Travelers / Travellers: Self-Proclaimed

evilsprout

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Just a thought... is there any instances of people in the past who have claimed to be time travellers? Count St Germaine springs to mind as someone who could be one... anyone else?

Last edited by a moderator:
PAST TRAVELLERS

Evilsprout said:
Just a thought... is there any instances of people in the past who have claimed to be time travellers? Count St Germaine springs to mind as someone who could be one... anyone else?
A guy called Jesus perhaps.

Time Traveler makes Millions?

Hope this is a "New" thread. Has anyone found any other mention anywhere about the "time traveling" inside trader mentioned in a link

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/wwn/20030319/104808600007.html Most of which is below

on Breaking news? I have had a look around the Web but can not find anything! Perhaps he can tell us how long this stupid war will last or even if I can kiss my money in Marconi goodbye.

NEW YORK -- Federal investigators have arrested an enigmatic Wall Street wiz on insider-trading charges -- and incredibly, he claims to be a time-traveler from the year 2256!

Sources at the Security and Exchange Commission confirm that 44-year-old Andrew Carlssin offered the bizarre explanation for his uncanny success in the stock market after being led off in handcuffs on January 28.

"We don't believe this guy's story -- he's either a lunatic or a pathological liar," says an SEC insider.

"But the fact is, with an initial investment of only $800, in two weeks' time he had a portfolio valued at over $350 million. Every trade he made capitalized on unexpected business developments, which simply can't be pure luck.

"The only way he could pull it off is with illegal inside information. He's going to sit in a jail cell on Rikers Island until he agrees to give up his sources."

The past year of nose-diving stock prices has left most investors crying in their beer. So when Carlssin made a flurry of 126 high-risk trades and came out the winner every time, it raised the eyebrows of Wall Street watchdogs.

"If a company's stock rose due to a merger or technological breakthrough that was supposed to be secret, Mr. Carlssin somehow knew about it in advance," says the SEC source close to the hush-hush, ongoing investigation.

When investigators hauled Carlssin in for questioning, they got more than they bargained for: A mind-boggling four-hour confession.

Carlssin declared that he had traveled back in time from over 200 years in the future, when it is common knowledge that our era experienced one of the worst stock plunges in history. Yet anyone armed with knowledge of the handful of stocks destined to go through the roof could make a fortune.

"It was just too tempting to resist," Carlssin allegedly said in his videotaped confession. "I had planned to make it look natural, you know, lose a little here and there so it doesn't look too perfect. But I just got caught in the moment."

In a bid for leniency, Carlssin has reportedly offered to divulge "historical facts" such as the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden and a cure for AIDS.

All he wants is to be allowed to return to the future in his "time craft."

However, he refuses to reveal the location of the machine or discuss how it works, supposedly out of fear the technology could "fall into the wrong hands."

Officials are quite confident the "time-traveler's" claims are bogus. Yet the SEC source admits, "No one can find any record of any Andrew Carlssin existing anywhere before December 2002."

Weekly World News will continue to follow this story as it unfolds. Keep watching for further developments.

It's bollox...

Three words: Weekly World News.

There was another bloke who claimed he was a time traveller back in 2006, after he correctly predicted Belgium beating Australia 7-1 in the FIFA World Cup Final.

Edit: Oops, this is only 2003 isn't it? You're not meant to know that yet....

Bollocks or not it's a great story. :)

The Fish has human face ! article is good fun too.

Beat the Stock Exchange!

I say, if he reveals the location of Bin Laden, let him keep the money!

Spookery

Nah, if he reveals bin Laden's whereabouts it just means he's in CIA Spook relocation and knows where they stashed their erstwhile agent.

My bet? He's probably a used car dealer in Texas called Crazy Ozzie.

Has anyone heard of an alleged time traveller - Andrew Carlssin? - arrested in New York early this year for making too much money on stock exchange?

Yes!!!:D

Sorry....Don't have any info though! Except I remeber the odds of his trading being that successful through chance were less plausable than someone winning the lottery twice!

Anyone got more useful info?

... Ruffs first response pretty much sums it up ;) .

Heathcliff~ said:
"Has anyone heard of an alleged time traveller - Andrew Carlssin? - arrested in New York early this year for making too much money on stock exchange?"

Yes, this came from the WEEKLY WORLD NEWS, which makes up stories like this on a weekly basis.

The story was then picked up by a lot of major news agencies, but every last one of them published it under such headings as "Entertainment," "Humor" and "Just for Fun," and NOT under "News." Alas, a LOT of Forteans and Paranormalists appaarently took "Just for Fun" WAY too seriously!

Wash. attorney: 'I have physically traveled in time'

VANCOUVER, Wash. - The new Bruce Willis movie "Looper" opens this weekend, in which Willis' character is sent back in time to kill himself.

And while most scientists say time travel isn't possible, a Washington attorney claims he's done it dozens of times as part of a secret Cold War project.

"I have physically traveled in time," says Andrew Basiago, an attorney in Vancouver, Wash. "We have - we did over 40 years ago."

Now Basiago is on a mission - to reveal what he calls a 40-year government cover-up - of Project Pegasus - where he says he was teleported back and sideways in time, dozens of times.

"I have the whole story, I have hundreds of facts," he says. "I can tell you what personnel were at what locations where and which travel device was being used."

And his time travel wasn't recent - it's when he was a kid.

"I entered the program officially in the fall of 1969 as a third grader, age 7," says Basiago.

He says he was one of 140 kids, 60 adults - chrononauts, including his dad, who he says joined him on his first jump.

"My dad held my hand, we jumped through the field of energy, and we seem to be moving very rapidly but there was also a paradox and we seemed to be going no where at all," he says.

The TV show "Fringe" aired a similar scene two years ago. A coincidence?

Paradoxes, unscientific claims, unbelievable stories and encounters on Earth and Mars - including meeting Barack Obama when the president was a kid.

Basiago also says he time-traveled six times to the Ford Theatre on the day President Lincoln was shot - but he didn't see it happen. He also saw President Lincoln on another famous occasion, he says.

"In fact, during one probe, the one to Gettysburg, the Gettysburg Address, I was dressed as Union bugle boy," he says.

That's right - he was at the Gettysburg Address. He says a famous photo taken that day proves it. The picture shows a bugle boy who he says is him. It's the only visual evidence he provides for any of his travels - nothing else.

"I was physically at Gettysburg," says Basiago. etc etc etc

Source: http://www.komonews.com/news/local/Wash ... 52681.html

PS: This all sounded vaguely familiar - and indeed we had already covered this guy here:

http://www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43705

Link is dead. Current thread addressing Basiago is at:

http://forum.forteantimes.com/index...asiago-and-time-travel-project-pegasus.48589/

- EnolaGaia, August 2018

Time Machine inventor..just disappears...

Well this is interesting...apologies if someone has already posted it.

Man who claims he's invented a time machine...just disappears.

Time Machine inventor disappears

A man who called the Victorian Emergency Services “000? number 68 times on New Years Eve has allegedly disappeared.

Andrew Carlssin, a self professed scientist became known to emergency services after he called them repeatedly claiming to have invented a working time machine.

Jack Prescott of Emergency Services Australia said, “We had pretty much written off Mr Carlssin as a nuisance. We have all kinds of crazy people ringing up the ‘000’ emergency number. After so many calls we decided to send over a police patrol car to give him a stern talking to. We did not expect what happened next.”

Constable Toby McNeill revealed in an interview this morning, “We arrived at the person of interests house at approximately 12:02am and saw three large flashes of light that resembled lightning, coming from the garage area.”

“Upon entering the house there was a distinct smell of ozone and some light smoke at the scene. The garage contained scientific equipment and a large burnt area on the floor.”

“A search of the house revealed no sign of any residents. However, a note has been recovered and is under investigation at headquarters. City forensics and arson squad detectives are also currently at the scene.”
Emergency Services receive hundreds of calls each year reporting UFO sightings, missing dogs, minor chest pains or even asking for directions to the nearest service station.

Neighbours described Mr Carlssin as a quiet man who usually kept to himself.

Speculation is rife on social networking sites as to whether Mr Carlssin had actually invented a time machine and pulled off a New Years Eve travel into the future.

Ah! Victoria, Australia not '000' was the Emergency Services number during the reign of Queen Victoria....

:madeyes:

Mr Carlssin the famous time machine inventor is probably whizzing backwards and forwards through time at this very moment littering the historyscape with Our of Place Artifacts while giggling merrily to himself.

I know I would.

Tupperware jar, in Pompei
complicated cog and wheel thing that tells the time off the cost of Greece.
Models of figher planes and heliopters in aincient indian burial sites.
A microwave in the Kings chamber at Giza.

What fun

Hi. I have just been having fun going thru this time travel thread, which included a post by me which I had utterly forgotten!

Anyway, on the subject of time travel, I came across this short item on Youtube a couple of days ago:

Introductory text from the YouTube page ...
This is my story. It all happened on the afternoon the 30th of August. It was a beutiful day and I was on my way home from a job in Färjestaden. When I got home, I found water on the kitchen floor. Somehow there was a leak. I got my tools and opened up the doors to the sink. And started to work. When I reached in to examine the pipes, they seemed to be futher in than I remembered. I had to crawl inside the cabinet, and as I did so, I discovered that it just continued. So I kept on crawling further and further into the cabinet. In the end of the tunnel I saw a light, and when I got there, I realized I was in the future. I meet myself as 72 years old, the year was 2042. ...
Do I believe this? To be honest, no. But I did find it strangely moving. I thought it might have been posted up somewhere on this site, but I could not find it anywhere, so my apologies if it has been discussed elsewhere.

I have heard that this was merely an advert for a Swedish pension company, and maybe they did use it, but apparently the guy stands by his story. This does not make it factually true, of course.

I had the following thoughts:

(i) The fact that he experienced this by crawling into the cupboard under the sink, in my most humble opinion, makes it slightly more likely to be true, not less, because it's not the kind of thing you'd make up. I mean, if I had to make up such a story, I would probably say I saw a UFO, and it emitted a beam which enveloped me, and then I met an older version of myself etc etc. (no such thing has ever happened to me).

(ii) Supposing for the sake of argument that it's true, how did he get back from the future? Crawl back into the wormhole, if it was one, and back out the cupboard under the sink? He doesn't say.

(iii) Supposing, the day after this event, he had gone into town and had another tattoo on his arm, next to the "knife" one, and then played the film again - would the film show the second tattoo or not? In theory it ought to, because if he had another tattoo, he would have it in the future - but this is very much a murdering-your-grandmother-type argument, already much-discussed on this thread.

(iv) This kind of thing does go to the very heart of the "linear time" argument, and whether linear time is actually an illusion. This is a very old debate, I know that. But, I mean, supposing that our "now" is just one of an infinite number of "now"s? What does "now" actually mean? Maybe dinosaurs are eating each other now, and the Titanic is sinking now, and Armstrong is walking on the Moon now, and all other events are happening now. If so, we ought to take heed, because instead of today's events being a "here today, gone tomorrow" thing, maybe we are like needleworkers, embroidering events into the very fabric of eternity. if so, we ought to be even more careful to embroider beautiful pictures rather than ugly ones.

Anyway, like I say, I do not specifically believe that guy, but I thought that the short video was very interesting.

Best wishes to all on the board.

Bill Robinson

Big_Bill_Robins said:
Hi. I have just been having fun going thru this time travel thread, which included a post by me which I had utterly forgotten!

He seems like a nice guy, but he delivers his speech like an actor.

Re: Time Machine inventor..just disappears...

Moooksta said:
Well this is interesting...apologies if someone has already posted it.

Man who claims he's invented a time machine...just disappears.

Time Machine inventor disappears

A man who called the Victorian Emergency Services “000? number 68 times on New Years Eve has allegedly disappeared.

Andrew Carlssin, a self professed scientist became known to emergency services after he called them repeatedly claiming to have invented a working time machine.

Jack Prescott of Emergency Services Australia said, “We had pretty much written off Mr Carlssin as a nuisance. We have all kinds of crazy people ringing up the ‘000’ emergency number. After so many calls we decided to send over a police patrol car to give him a stern talking to. We did not expect what happened next.”

Constable Toby McNeill revealed in an interview this morning, “We arrived at the person of interests house at approximately 12:02am and saw three large flashes of light that resembled lightning, coming from the garage area.”

“Upon entering the house there was a distinct smell of ozone and some light smoke at the scene. The garage contained scientific equipment and a large burnt area on the floor.”

“A search of the house revealed no sign of any residents. However, a note has been recovered and is under investigation at headquarters. City forensics and arson squad detectives are also currently at the scene.”
Emergency Services receive hundreds of calls each year reporting UFO sightings, missing dogs, minor chest pains or even asking for directions to the nearest service station.

Neighbours described Mr Carlssin as a quiet man who usually kept to himself.

Speculation is rife on social networking sites as to whether Mr Carlssin had actually invented a time machine and pulled off a New Years Eve travel into the future.

Hey Mooks ever google Andrew Carlssin? Same name as the Stock Exchange time traveler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_trave ... e_traveler

So the cover story is "It's fiction"....but we know the truth....right. Traveled back from 2012 to 2003 just to make money.

Right?

This new on youtube.
Man claims to have been 100 years into the future and returned.

Back