• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

Thanks, that is too kind. Eye and other health problems forced me out of a conventional academic career, and although I was able to make a kind of living from a couple of part time jobs, I suppose I still had the urge to do research of some kind! And it all came together when I looked into the Rougham mystery, information of all kinds just fell into my lap when I needed it. Plus I've had a lot of my own bizarre experiences, so I can see things from both sides as it were.
I’m sorry to hear about your health problems.
I’m half way through reading your Rougham mystery write-up, another excellently researched piece. I can’t believe I’ve never come across the case before.
I'm trying to get him to share more of his many experiences on here!
That would be good

OK, you asked for it! This is still ongoing, but it's already complicated and weird enough!

https://www.academia.edu/89205107/The_Glitch_at_the_Grassy_Bank
Hi Carl!
I used to correspond with you years ago regarding your time slip research. So happy to see you still contributing!
Loved reading about the Rougham mystery.
I made it to England a few years ago but did not have the time or experience to schlep my way to that area for a look.
Maybe some other time.

Just read the PDF - wonderful stuff, so sorry to hear about the loss of your older dog.

But reading it, and your apparent surprise that someone else had the same mixed breed dog as yours reminded me of the time I was out with my odd mixed-breed terrier, Tiggy. She was a Border Terrier/Jack Russell cross (we used to call her a Brussell...). We met someone with a similar looking dog (rough coated, black and tan, scruffy) and discovered that their dog was ALSO a Brussell. Subsquent questioning turned up the fact that the two dogs were from the same litter.

After all, if there is one dog of that mix, then there are, presumably, the rest of the litter, and possibly past litters, if the dog and bitch are owned by the same (slightly lackadaisical about speying) people. Any chance your Poppy was related to the other dog you met, @Carl Grove?

Obviously I can't rule out that possibility, although given the huge disparity in their size and appearance it seems unlikely. A lot more is still going on in Marham and nothing would surprise me any more!

Hi Carl!
I used to correspond with you years ago regarding your time slip research. So happy to see you still contributing!
Loved reading about the Rougham mystery.
I made it to England a few years ago but did not have the time or experience to schlep my way to that area for a look.
Maybe some other time.
I have probably neglected quite a few of my correspondents in recent years, please email me and let me know who I should apologise to!

Obviously I can't rule out that possibility, although given the huge disparity in their size and appearance it seems unlikely. A lot more is still going on in Marham and nothing would surprise me any more!
Genetics can result in disparity in size between dogs in the sme litter though. Given that they were the same breed.. litter mates aren't identical twins.

I've just read this entire thread, and here's my take for what it's worth.

I have to say I don't find No. 9's story particularly persuasive or convincing - and her subsequent conduct toward Carl doesn't help inspire confidence.

I'm sure No.9 is convinced what happened to her that day was strange, but I'm not sure how much of the strangeness is actual or confabulated over the years.

It's a story that could easily become mundane if we view it with a slightly different lens.

I've just read this entire thread, and here's my take for what it's worth.

I have to say I don't find No. 9's story particularly persuasive or convincing - and her subsequent conduct toward Carl doesn't help inspire confidence.

I'm sure No.9 is convinced what happened to her that day was strange, but I'm not sure how much of the strangeness is actual or confabulated over the years.

It's a story that could easily become mundane if we view it with a slightly different lens.
Obviously there are going to be people who take that view, but having been in extensive contact with the witness for many years, I have to say that her basic story has remained 100% consistent over that period. The problems we had (I think it fair to say) arose through her changing interpretations of what happened that day. But the details have remained unchanged.

I know this is a little late to the party, but could anyone possibly link me to these collected experiences of N9/DollFeet?
I recall the DS threads and the cafe experience but have only a vague memory of another story involving a terrifying police videotape???
I have recently re-read the Digital Spy 'creepy' threads (and what fun it was to delve back in after 10 yrs!) but can't seem to find the rest of her posts.

Thanks Enid!
I read these around 10 yrs ago so whilst my memory is a bit hazy, I can't forget the unfolding horror of what I recalled to be Doll Feet's experiences. There were a few more than just these two (the train station and the weird creature).
I have wondered if I perhaps mixed her up with another poster, but having re-read the entire creepy threads I can't locate these others at all. I am absolutely nonplussed.

The 'Police' tape story was extremely disturbing; the writer described a video coming on at home that contained static and what seemed to be images of an RTA, maybe some dialogue of police sharing updates of the scene and wreckage. I can't recall more details of it but the full story was rather extreme and very surreal. Quite disturbing.

This poster (which I have presumed to be Doll Feet) had quite a few more posts on their experiences, and as Carl suggests, a lot of strange things happened to her throughout her life.

I would love to find those other posts, I have no idea why they are no longer at Digital Spy and have yet to search on here. I do know that it was briefly discussed on here some years ago as to the veracity of the experiences, but not sure. Most people only discuss the Piccadilly story. I wasn't reading any other forum at that time so it wasn't Reddit.

There is a possibility that it wasn't Doll Feet, but it very much reminded me of her. I know there was another poster called 'Again6' or 'Dolls'....I could have mixed things up in my memory.

Does anyone recall the police VHS thing at all? It was so disturbing.

I know this is a little late to the party, but could anyone possibly link me to these collected experiences of N9/DollFeet?
I recall the DS threads and the cafe experience but have only a vague memory of another story involving a terrifying police videotape???
I have recently re-read the Digital Spy 'creepy' threads (and what fun it was to delve back in after 10 yrs!) but can't seem to find the rest of her posts.
After she had been out of touch with me for a couple of years I uploaded my article summarising Doll Feet's experiences, thinking (given those past experiences) that something horrific had happened to her. Then she reappeared on the Forum here and it was clear that something I had said had really upset her, although I still don't quite understand what it was. Our major disagreement was over the two people who had helped her and taken her to the cafe. I thought it was obvious that the nice lady (whose body language changed as they went down to the cafe) and maybe the man, were trying to stop her meeting her boy friend, because they knew that he would be dangerous to her. They planned that he would go to the hotel, get the message saying to meet her at the cafe, find that no cafe existed and maybe get angry and break off their relationship. However her own perceptions told her he was upstairs and she ran up to meet him. (However, she disagreed about that!) Somehow that triggered a series of very scary events eventually ending their relationship. I remember how hard it was trying to work through the Digital Spy site just to download a single item. I presume the posts are still there somewhere, unless she has been able to get them deleted.

Thanks Enid!
I read these around 10 yrs ago so whilst my memory is a bit hazy, I can't forget the unfolding horror of what I recalled to be Doll Feet's experiences. There were a few more than just these two (the train station and the weird creature).
I have wondered if I perhaps mixed her up with another poster, but having re-read the entire creepy threads I can't locate these others at all. I am absolutely nonplussed.

The 'Police' tape story was extremely disturbing; the writer described a video coming on at home that contained static and what seemed to be images of an RTA, maybe some dialogue of police sharing updates of the scene and wreckage. I can't recall more details of it but the full story was rather extreme and very surreal. Quite disturbing.

This poster (which I have presumed to be Doll Feet) had quite a few more posts on their experiences, and as Carl suggests, a lot of strange things happened to her throughout her life.

I would love to find those other posts, I have no idea why they are no longer at Digital Spy and have yet to search on here. I do know that it was briefly discussed on here some years ago as to the veracity of the experiences, but not sure. Most people only discuss the Piccadilly story. I wasn't reading any other forum at that time so it wasn't Reddit.

There is a possibility that it wasn't Doll Feet, but it very much reminded me of her. I know there was another poster called 'Again6' or 'Dolls'....I could have mixed things up in my memory.

Does anyone recall the police VHS thing at all? It was so disturbing.
Yes, that VHS account was extremely disturbing. Part of Doll Feet's horrendous life.

Hi Carl, thank you.
I had wondered if the Digital Spy posts were deleted, but so many people replied to them and quoted them, that I would imagine a moderator would have had to delete all of those too!
Was the Police VHS thing in the collection you have? If not, I am confused as to who posted it or where I read it, but it will only have been at DS or here.

I actually came here this afternoon after leaping from the old Digital Spy threads. So I have read the communications between yourself and DF just today, and admit to having been a little bit shocked when her (late) response to you appeared.

My own opinion? Her accounts 'feel' genuine to me. A well articulated account should not have to dumb itself down to prove authenticity. There is often an overriding opinion that authentic, unexplained phenomena only ever occurs to unsuspecting 'simple folk' of limited intelligence. Problematic in itself!

I had the impression at Digital Spy that Doll Feet was happy to share only brief elements of her experiences in an effort to reduce the chances of derision. She stated this many times throughout the 'Creepy' threads, which possibly irritated some posters, who may have believed that she was teasing them somewhat.
I'm not sure what I make of that, but the details of the cafe experience felt a little too odd for fiction - in fact most of her posts did. The constant withholding might make sense, but for the reader it may provoke doubt. Why post at all? It was an anonymous forum, so what the heck, why not just indulge us? Her choice though, which is fair enough. I also strongly doubt that this has links with psychosis or medication.

I can only conclude that if Doll Feet is authentic, she needs to get in touch with Torchwood, because (and I say this as someone with a very limited interest in UFO phenomena) I am erring on the side of inorganic beings, or aliens :D

EDITED to add: I have an acquaintance who claims to have experienced a plethora of incredible phenomena. She isn't lying, but something does feel a wee bit off. This doesn't exactly mean that her experiences are untrue, but the sheer amount of them will (understandable) isolate her. I would imagine that this much immersion in the truly weird might have a rather severe isolating effect, soliciting little sympathy from family and friends, regardless their care or concern.
My acquaintances stories are less surreal and articulate than Doll Feet's, and tend to be shorter in duration. Perhaps something that occurs in childhood could make some of us more susceptible? I also thought less timeslip and more....interference of some sort.

Last edited:
Hi Carl, thank you.
I had wondered if the Digital Spy posts were deleted, but so many people replied to them and quoted them, that I would imagine a moderator would have had to delete all of those too!
Was the Police VHS thing in the collection you have? If not, I am confused as to who posted it or where I read it, but it will only have been at DS or here.

I actually came here this afternoon after leaping from the old Digital Spy threads. So I have read the communications between yourself and DF just today, and admit to having been a little bit shocked when her (late) response to you appeared.

My own opinion? Her accounts 'feel' genuine to me. A well articulated account should not have to dumb itself down to prove authenticity. There is often an overriding opinion that authentic, unexplained phenomena only ever occurs to unsuspecting 'simple folk' of limited intelligence. Problematic in itself!

I had the impression at Digital Spy that Doll Feet was happy to share only brief elements of her experiences in an effort to reduce the chances of derision. She stated this many times throughout the 'Creepy' threads, which possibly irritated some posters, who may have believed that she was teasing them somewhat.
I'm not sure what I make of that, but the details of the cafe experience felt a little too odd for fiction - in fact most of her posts did. The constant withholding might make sense, but for the reader it may provoke doubt. Why post at all? It was an anonymous forum, so what the heck, why not just indulge us? Her choice though, which is fair enough. I also strongly doubt that this has links with psychosis or medication.

I can only conclude that if Doll Feet is authentic, she needs to get in touch with Torchwood, because (and I say this as someone with a very limited interest in UFO phenomena) I am erring on the side of inorganic beings, or aliens :D

EDITED to add: I have an acquaintance who claims to have experienced a plethora of incredible phenomena. She isn't lying, but something does feel a wee bit off. This doesn't exactly mean that her experiences are untrue, but the sheer amount of them will (understandable) isolate her. I would imagine that this much immersion in the truly weird might have a rather severe isolating effect, soliciting little sympathy from family and friends, regardless their care or concern.
My acquaintances stories are less surreal and articulate than Doll Feet's, and tend to be shorter in duration. Perhaps something that occurs in childhood could make some of us more susceptible? I also thought less timeslip and more....interference of some sort.
One of the reasons that Doll Feet and I seemed to get on well was that (as you probably know from some of my posts) I too have had a lot of "weird" experiences, so I had no problem at all accepting her account. Thank goodness none of mine have been as terrifying as hers, even the ones in a haunted house, and my more recent time slip experiences. I could in any case recognise her complete sincerity. Actually I miss being able to talk with someone whom I know would accept my own strange stories!

One of the reasons that Doll Feet and I seemed to get on well was that (as you probably know from some of my posts) I too have had a lot of "weird" experiences, so I had no problem at all accepting her account. Thank goodness none of mine have been as terrifying as hers, even the ones in a haunted house, and my more recent time slip experiences. I could in any case recognise her complete sincerity. Actually I miss being able to talk with someone whom I know would accept my own strange stories!
Yes, I do see what you mean, and I too feel sympathetic to her experiences. I could not prove to myself that they are authentic, or (equally) find any reason to doubt them. To enter into a long term dialogue with you does add some credibility I must admit, the only other possibility being mental health issues - if we cannot relate to someone's lived experience they must be mentally unsound - again, problematic, both for those genuinely suffering with mental health problems and for those who are accused of it wrongly.
I do believe that a severe trauma in early life could potentially 'split' a person open to something akin to this, but whether such a trauma results in genuine contact with other dimensions/entities or just altered mind states, I have no idea. I remain open.

Psychology aside, I may have seemed flippant mentioning entities/aliens, but without total verification that nothing of this sort could possibly exist (impossible), then who knows what may move amongst us or within us..

I have read one heck of a lot of Fortean stuff in my time, and have experienced a touch of the weird myself, yet Doll Feet's accounts stand out in my memory above almost all that I have read. I had no idea that she had experienced a difficult life, and I am sorry to hear that. I hope that somewhere along the line she has accumulated the power to carry this burden safely and hopefully with people she can trust. If only one other human being can offer solace and belief, that's enough.

It is also unfortunate that your last communications ended uncomfortably. It would seem that you both (perhaps) have a different interpretation of how it ought to have worked, and that can't be helped. And (not aimed at you, Carl), sometimes us Fortean sorts can make jokes at the expense of genuine posters, with no harm intended on our part, I can see that on here quite a bit. It is a warm and welcoming place, but it can help to empathise with how a stranger with a burden might feel laying it all out on the line.

Last edited:
I can't imagine how I might have found that myself, so thank you!

I have just read the full thread that Enid kindly located for me, involving the police VHS tape and the story surrounding it.
The last comment in that thread (from 2014) suggests that Doll Feet's experiences sound like waking dreams.
Now, I had actually considered that all of these experiences seem to pan out with the disjointed quality of my own dreams, and a few other details made me wonder....she describes taking a terrifying phone call whilst babysitting which predicted a (future) scene in the Hitchhiker's Guide TV series involving the man with a rubber ducky. Possibly one of the oddest things I have ever read in my life! My feelings suggest that her experiences are genuine, yet I am not sure how to analyse them. They do, very much, sound like dreams. I have had dreams of a very similar quality, although not predictive to this degree whilst going through a very stressful time in my late 20's.

I do not know what a waking dream essentially is, so may have to do a bit of reading. Could it be a cessation of consciousness whilst still functioning?
This isn't remotely dismissive of DollFeet's experiences, on the contrary I feel even more that they are genuine, but I am curious how very similar to dream sequences they are - she reports that the phone call voice 'hypnotised' her and her memory of this event only came back years later.
So, if we get down to brass tacks, we are either dealing with a 'waking dream', which according to a quick search tends to be associated with hypnogogia, or waking from sleep, which Doll Feet apparently wasn't, or else something much more disturbing. Could a hypnogogic experience simply pop up during the day? She describes being very bored when testing the VHS tape, which could suggest she nodded off, but not so much the babysitting experience.

The 'something much more disturbing' would suggest Doll Feet was somehow open to some sort of manipulation from outside of herself. Some sort of interference.

What doesn't make sense regarding a waking dream is that these experiences seem to run along a 'string' - meaning they pan out over time, rather than a single event such as a dream might produce. Her grandmother telling her a secret she can't have known, then later the same secret coming up during a terrifying phone call when babysitting.

You can call me well and truly baffled and intrigued.

The part about the rubber duck reminded me I once predicted an episode of Red Dwarf that had not yet aired, albeit in a dream rather than over the phone, which isn't quite as interesting somehow.

I find Doll Feet's experiences to be some of the most intriguing I've ever encountered, but I really don't know what to make of them outside of some mental disorder or other, which does not seem to be the case!

Honestly, it’s because of experiences like those of Doll Feet (weren’t they NumberNine, here?) that I continue to look at things with a Fortean slant to them. Because they seem authentic. Certainly to the person who experienced them, who cannot truly explain them. If they could find a rational explanation then they wouldn’t be Fortean events.

I do personally find that I don’t have the need to 100% explain everything a person experiences. Especially when they are of such a personal nature. When somebody chooses to share such an experience it’s a fine line between questioning and what can quickly become dismissive and confrontational. And honestly if we are wanting to find out more from a person about what they experienced, then the latter needs to be avoided. You’re never going to shut a dialogue down quicker than by telling someone you don’t believe them.

I’ve met a few people in my life who do seem to be somewhat of a magnet for the bizarre and unexplained. To whom bad things or odd things just seem to happen. They tend to drift out of my sphere just as easily as they drifted in. But I will always listen to their experiences, and hear them out. I think that the world in general seems keen to armchair diagnose people with some element of mental illness or other impairment. I’m always reluctant to consider that as any kind of first assumption. I’m not a doctor. I’m not a psychologist. I can’t make that call.

I tend to think of Doll Feet as just one of those people who has experienced some shit. They can’t explain it. So they shared it in order to better understand it and get something stewing at the back of their mind out into the open. I see no real reason that they would hope to gain anything from it, on an anonymous forum. They just needed to get it out there. I hope wherever they are they’re doing okay.

Back