• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

Yes, seeing and touch are the most significant factors in the type 4 extreme time slips. But regarding trying to bring something back to this time -- WHAT could you bring back to the present that would provide solid evidence?

Well of course you would have to really bring something significant back to prove to others you had gone quote "elsewhere." Mainly though I was just thinking more along the lines of personal validation so that, no matter what anyone else thinks, you have this newspaper and it validates to you that it wasn't delusional or dreaming.

You probably know more about time slips than I do, but I am aware of some stories which seem to validate that "elsewhere" is out there. The 1954 incident for example where a man arriving at Toyko Airport was held by customs. ...

This refers to the Man From Taured story. It's been given its own thread:

The Man From Taured (Japan; 1954)
https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/the-man-from-taured-japan-1954.66992/

Last edited by a moderator:
A prolific writer and a good one. I read his book; "A Criminal History Of Mankind." An excellent book. As much as I respect Colin Wilson I demure that it is merely an Urban Legend. Thanks though for bringing this to my attention. I know Wilson was a professional and trustworthy source but I have my reasons.

PS: A legend it may be, a falsification it may be, but that it happened and had a purpose is another matter. A person would have to be very dedicated to back this story with anything I realize.
I have read somewhere that it began as a short science fiction story, but haven't tracked it down. It is an interesting tale.
Whether or not it is "true," it raises a question that needs to be addressed, namely how is it that people (mostly) appear to be returned safely to their own time (if not to the same location, given that they might have moved about during the slip)? Cases where people aren't, like the alleged Taured one, are very rare. Golosov Ravine, part of greater Moscow, is an ancient site where temporal anomalies have been claimed: e.g. a party of Tatar soldiers captured in 1621 claimed that they had encountered a green mist in 1571 and been moved forward in time; also two villagers having a late evening drinking session entered a fog where they met a nonhuman entity that told them that he couldn't return them to their own time but helped them return 20 years later. (Of course, this brings us back to the Gernon case). I have come across other cases where people lost in time or space have met people who seem to know how to direct them back to their own time.
In one Australian case this didn't happen, and the witness, who had wandered around a small wood, and left it some distance from where he entered it, saw himself entering the wood. He went back to his girlfriend and they departed.

http://spacetimeslip.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/a-double-through-the-...

Attachments

• Golosov ravine - Notepad.pdf
    24.9 KB · Views: 43
I have read somewhere that it began as a short science fiction story, but haven't tracked it down. It is an interesting tale.
Whether or not it is "true," it raises a question that needs to be addressed, namely how is it that people (mostly) appear to be returned safely to their own time (if not to the same location, given that they might have moved about during the slip)?
http://spacetimeslip.wordpress.com/2012/08/27/a-double-through-the-...

Well, there are those who don't return to wherever it is that Universe has transported them to. The one's that return are there undoubtedly to inform us that elsewhere exists somewhere, and somewhere is where we will find the lost ones. Why Universe operates this way, seemingly randomly sending some to neverland and others back home is a mystery with a design.

Universe undoubtedly has many secrets which I surmise are linked to the reason for our creation. In my opinion, humans represent an evolving awareness of complexity which they are themselves created from, and combined with our physical dexterity we also do create in ways no other life form we know of is capable of doing.

This implies that Universe wants us to succeed because it has notions of what it's creations are intended for. Universe is itself like a growing child, creating amusing toys out of clay. As a child the greatest gift my parents ever gave me was modeling clay, and together with my other brothers we would sit at the kitchen table and make our child fantasies in to reality. There really is nothing quite like clay for creating instant 3D reality. Anything imaginable is possible with modeling clay. Elephants to tanks, to people to space ships, all it takes is the desire and will to create. These are primary qualities that all children begin life with.

We are the progeny of Universes' creative dreams. Living clay models born in fantasy to act creativity. It is one of our true purposes for existing. Along the way we humans have picked up some passengers whom seem to have used their own creativity to catch a ride with us to who knows where. These passengers are no doubt not accidental but there for us because of what they are themselves; the living creations from which we ourselves sprung from: Our animal linage.

Our species is of course a source of endless entertainment, but Universe must have some issue it want's us, or intends for us to deal with. I think Universe intends that we are to act as a kind of helper, a proxy agent in the grand design, we are no more than microbial life forms at a cosmic level acting then as bio-bots and tools in that context.

To answer what concerns Universe maybe we need to understand what is life to Universe? It certainly involves what we ourselves experience as living beings, but on the Cosmic level of Universe what could concern Universe enough to create a creature like a human? What does it want from us? Does it want to end it's own life, does it want us to help it live, is something threatening the life of Universe and if so what would it be?

Time is a critical part of Universe obviously and these things we are blathering about are undoubtedly tied to our destiny as creations of Universe. As to the Tokyo traveler of 1954, stories like this one are either manufactured, or else they are representations of reality put in to a science fiction context in order to communicate a known truth in a cloaked manner. Could be either one, but considering what we think we know about time, such stories are theoretically possible.

Now I know I'm droning on here so I will try to cut this off, but referring to the illustration of the Minkowski Space-Time Continuum, imagine that the intersection of the past and future light cones is where you are now, because you are there, and so now imagine that going backwards or forwards in time (doesn't matter which way) follows a trajectory that's determined by your choices. In other words, how you live creates a curved path or twisted path intersected at each point in time by the moment you're living in.

As you move forwards or backwards along the time path, you're also exchanging a point in this path to make a progression which is going to be moving outwards somewhere's on light cones of time which are above or below. A little hard to follow I know, but it simply means you've gone from the center point to a point somewhere's away from center in the cones above or below. Think of this as sort of like the 3D chess boards you've likely seen. However the idea here is that if you fall into a hole in this matrix you could end up with the situation described by the fictional story.

Now of course I'm no Hugh Everett, and I have issues with quantum mechanics and quantum theory in general, and the many worlds ideas of Everett were created as responses to the then unexplained double slit experiment. Something which I, at least, feel has been now been explained quite logically. This doesn't necessarily mean the concepts of many worlds is wrong, but it does mean that the quantum explanation for the double slit experiment is wrong, and that means there's a heck of a big hole in quantum physics.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Many-worlds_interpretation

Yes, seeing and touch are the most significant factors in the type 4 extreme time slips. But regarding trying to bring something back to this time -- WHAT could you bring back to the present that would provide solid evidence?

Exactly. When we start talking about this subject longer term posters will inevitably find themselves drifting back to the story of The Transdimensional Gas Station, and the hand-written receipt from a plausible other era which the poster claimed to have held onto for years, and promised to photograph for the boards.

He never did, of course. :) But even if he had? What would that have proved? A hand-written receipt. Say it even had a date scrawled upon it from decades earlier than the poster's experience? How we he prove it not a fake? How would he prove it as anything more than a piece of paper scrawled upon by parties unknown?

It's a very difficult situation. Even if you brought back currency? Well, surely ANY coin can be polished up to make it look newer. Same for any piece of metal. Pretty much any artifact from the past can be kept in pristine condition if somebody wanted it to. It isn't necessarily evidence of an object leaping forward in time.

Even if Asami Yamazaki had brought us one of those 'strings' from Waterloo Station, or NumberNine still had the coffee cup from that mysterious cafe at Piccadilly Circus, it would be difficult to conclusively prove something from them.

Now if somebody managed to bring back a living Dodo, or a Tasmanian Tiger, or something *that* might be different! ;)

Well of course you would have really bring something significant back to prove to others you had gone quote "elsewhere." Mainly though I was just thinking more along the lines of personal validation so that, no matter what anyone else thinks, you have this newspaper and it validates to you that it wasn't delusional or dreaming.

So, for example, a newspaper archive article which validated a sequence of events you believed you had witnessed?

You probably know more about time slips than I do, but I am aware of some stories which seem to validate that "elsewhere" is out there. The 1954 incident for example where a man arriving at Toyko Airport was held by customs.
His passport said he was from an unknown country called Taured, which is actually the Principality of Andorra. Andorra is a micostate between France and Spain in the eastern Pyrenees mountains. I'm sure you know of this story.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Unresolved..._july_1954_a_man_arrives_at_tokyo_airport_in/

I am aware of that story, but as others have said it is believed to be an urban legend. A damned good story, but an UL all the same.

I guess if it were real? You'd expect some evidence of facsimiles of his passport, papers. The name of the company he claimed to be working for. Not to mention an actual name for him.

Though, if it weren't and UL? I guess we'd term it as a dimensional slip, rather than a Timeslip. Because that guy wasn't stumbling in time. Where he came from there was no Andorra. It went under a name which it seemingly never had, here in our world.

Which again is what makes for a captivating story. :)

Last edited:
I'm not a follower of psychic's but I know there are some whom are skilled and no real investigator would discount a good psychic's reading. I like this woman at psychicfocus. Now read this and think about the Bruce Gernon case. Sound familiar?

Malaysia Airline MH370
[Update from comments: 3/11/14 2:50 PM:
"How and Why did this plane slip into another dimension: To be honest I can't see the why or how, I just see what looks like an electric storm and the sky immediately surrounding the plane has this plasma look to it. When you stare at a hot road it gives the appearance of blurry vision in the space directly above it- well the sky looks like that around the plane. The next thing I see is that the plane is gone."
http://psychicfocus.blogspot.ca/2014/03/malaysia-airline-mh370.html

Additional links.
https://twitter.com/psychicfocus/status/702950155524427777
https://psychicfocus.blogspot.com/2016/02/mh370-pilot-found.html?spref=tw
https://proutscandinavia.blogspot.com/2014/03/psychics-know-where-malaysia-plane-370.html

Exactly. When we start talking about this subject longer term posters will inevitably find themselves drifting back to the story of The Transdimensional Gas Station, and the hand-written receipt from a plausible other era which the poster claimed to have held onto for years, and promised to photograph for the boards.

He never did, of course. :) But even if he had? What would that have proved? A hand-written receipt. Say it even had a date scrawled upon it from decades earlier than the poster's experience? How we he prove it not a fake? How would he prove it as anything more than a piece of paper scrawled upon by parties unknown?

It's a very difficult situation. Even if you brought back currency? Well, surely ANY coin can be polished up to make it look newer. Same for any piece of metal. Pretty much any artifact from the past can be kept in pristine condition if somebody wanted it to. It isn't necessarily evidence of an object leaping forward in time.

Even if Asami Yamazaki had brought us one of those 'strings' from Waterloo Station, or NumberNine still had the coffee cup from that mysterious cafe at Piccadilly Circus, it would be difficult to conclusively prove something from them.

Now if somebody managed to bring back a living Dodo, or a Tasmanian Tiger, or something *that* might be different! ;)

So, for example, a newspaper archive article which validated a sequence of events you believed you had witnessed?

I am aware of that story, but as others have said it is believed to be an urban legend. A damned good story, but an UL all the same.

I guess if it were real? You'd expect some evidence of facsimiles of his passport, papers. The name of the company he claimed to be working for. Not to mention an actual name for him.

Though, if it weren't and UL? I guess we'd term it as a dimensional slip, rather than a Timeslip. Because that guy wasn't stumbling in time. Where he came from there was no Andorra. It went under a name which it seemingly never had, here in our world.

Which again is what makes for a captivating story. :)
Exactly. We can't "prove" time slips, any more than we can "prove" anything except mathematical equations or arguments in symbolic logic. But two cases continue to intrigue me: the two Leeds sisters and the hope that someday the third witness (who didn't enter the slip herself) would come forward and give her side of the story; and the Jedite case where the witness had a lift from couple and a short time later met them again and they had aged noticeably and were amazed that he still looked the same as he had "years ago." (He has seen them twice since the incident and I have asked him to get a written statement from them if he sees them again.) Also the Liverpool Mothercare case. Why doesn't someone in Liverpool see if he/she can locate people who used to work there and who might recall a girl with a strange kind of credit card? Or get pictures of ex staff members and show them to the witness? It wouldn't require a huge demanding effort to take such actions.

Yes, it should -- but so far nobody has thought to use it, even in the shoplifter case in Liverpool, when the witness was wandering around the 1960s streets trying to get a signal!

There was a video at the link I tracked down which is only 3 minutes long and is somewhat helpful. Very conventional stuff here. Some now disputed.

Exactly. We can't "prove" time slips, any more than we can "prove" anything except mathematical equations or arguments in symbolic logic.

Agreed.

But two cases continue to intrigue me: the two Leeds sisters and the hope that someday the third witness (who didn't enter the slip herself) would come forward and give her side of the story;

Which case was that, Carl? Have we covered that one before?

and the Jedite case where the witness had a lift from couple and a short time later met them again and they had aged noticeably and were amazed that he still looked the same as he had "years ago." (He has seen them twice since the incident and I have asked him to get a written statement from them if he sees them again.)

That one was rather interesting. For others wondering, we covered it here in the other thread. Happened in Iowa. Jedite was the name of a poster on the Above Top Secret forums. Carl has interacted with them.

Also the Liverpool Mothercare case. Why doesn't someone in Liverpool see if he/she can locate people who used to work there and who might recall a girl with a strange kind of credit card? Or get pictures of ex staff members and show them to the witness? It wouldn't require a huge demanding effort to take such actions.

Okay, that one I'm not familiar with.

Although at this point I realise I am now somewhat going off-topic.

We had a thread dedicated to more specific discussion on Time and Dimensional Slips in the General Forteana forum.

The advent of the camera-phone should go some way to helping with that surely?.

Plausibly, yes. Could be very useful. Wouldn't have really been a help for the two cases in this thread, though. A bit too early for readily available cameraphones.

They are. I have come across these cases before, and some are more than "simple" time slips. It's a good compilation. I estimate there are at least 500 cases (in books and on the net), and I think that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'm sure the majority of witnesses don't report them (although they may confide in friends or family, and sometimes surface in that way), and it is quite likely that many aren't even noticed by the witness, if they go back only a few months or less. I reckon there could be several thousand cases yet to be uncovered.

Agreed.

Which case was that, Carl? Have we covered that one before?

That one was rather interesting. For others wondering, we covered it here in the other thread. Happened in Iowa. Jedite was the name of a poster on the Above Top Secret forums. Carl has interacted with them.

Okay, that one I'm not familiar with.

Although at this point I realise I am now somewhat going off-topic.

We had a thread dedicated to more specific discussion on Time and Dimensional Slips in the General Forteana forum.

Plausibly, yes. Could be very useful. Wouldn't have really been a help for the two cases in this thread, though. A bit too early for readily available cameraphones.

Sorry, thought I had mentioned the Leeds case in one of these forums. I will attach a file of the first account.

Basically, I spent some time trying to contact the witnesses, and eventually a newspaper appeal got an email from Mandy. Sadly, in the interim, her sister had died, but Mandy (a pseudonym) confirmed the basic story and gave me a few additional details. She didn't object to my sharing what she said, so I shall attach emails. Basically, she had had several previous experiences, one of which might have been a past life recall or even parallel universe case. She also indicated that the past (or maybe future) that they entered might have been a non place. Both sisters had the feeling that they had been taken out of circulation, as it were, to prevent a tragedy connected with a nearby bus stop. After this her emails stopped abruptly and I fear that she too might have gone the same way as her sister, which is a worrying thought.
One thing of importance is the name and location of the shop, and I shall also upload those. The third witness, who saw the slip from outside, would obviously have a hugely significant story. I have made slight efforts to find her, without luck. If someone in Leeds sees this, they would be in a better position to search for her. I posted the story on the Leeds paranormal site, with no replies at all!

Attachments

• One Thing Leeds To Another.pdf
    114.4 KB · Views: 56
  • PrintMandy.pdf
    69.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Taheris.pdf
    74.2 KB · Views: 76
Sorry, think you may have been talking about the Mothercare case. A young lady discovered a newly opened Mothercare shop with items at very low prices. She selected several items but the staff refused to accept her credit card. Later her mum told her that Mothercare had closed years before and there was now a bank on the site.

Attachments

• Tom Slemen's tales of Liverpool_ Imogen and future car.pdf
    656.8 KB · Views: 48
Sorry, think you may have been talking about the Mothercare case. A young lady discovered a newly opened Mothercare shop with items at very low prices. She selected several items but the staff refused to accept her credit card. Later her mum told her that Mothercare had closed years before and there was now a bank on the site.

Is Tom Slemen the only source for that? I feel like he's quite economical with the truth shall we say.

I think Tom Slemen tends to take people at their word, and a few -- very few -- of his cases could reflect the Liverpudlian sense of humour at work. Certainly he has had a big response from the public following the initial radio broadcast featuring the case of the off duty policeman. Whether he has time to check every tale in depth I don't know. Certainly he has done thorough research in some of the cases. I have seen several persons claiming that he "makes it all up" but they never come up with any evidence supporting this! His website shows evidence of an informed and intelligent approach, and he has a passionate interest in paranormal things, so I think his cases are as reliable as anyone else's. There are definitely more time slip cases in Liverpool than anywhere else, but in terms of quality they seem just as good as those from other sources.

I think Tom Slemen tends to take people at their word, and a few -- very few -- of his cases could reflect the Liverpudlian sense of humour at work. Certainly he has had a big response from the public following the initial radio broadcast featuring the case of the off duty policeman. Whether he has time to check every tale in depth I don't know. Certainly he has done thorough research in some of the cases. I have seen several persons claiming that he "makes it all up" but they never come up with any evidence supporting this! His website shows evidence of an informed and intelligent approach, and he has a passionate interest in paranormal things, so I think his cases are as reliable as anyone else's. There are definitely more time slip cases in Liverpool than anywhere else, but in terms of quality they seem just as good as those from other sources.

I admit I have no evidence, it just feels like as the years have gone by his books have gotten more sensational, which makes me a bit suspicious. I do read them, however - I have them all on my Kindle as we speak - but you could be right and it's just me being cynical! Although I'm pretty sure there's at least a couple of urban legends that have made it into his books, and you'd think he'd have realized what they were.

He does write in a sensationalist way, and where I do question his judgment is his quotes from some of the older ghost and haunting books, which I suspect he throws in to pad out his books and make up for the lack of contemporary cases. Wow--you have all his books! I've only got those that I know to contain time slips, but likely you have a few cases I've totally missed. I will attach a summary of cases I have (only 33 out of an alleged 100 or so). If you could copy any you have that are not on the list, I'd be very grateful!

Attachments

• Revised Liverpool list.pdf
    17.4 KB · Views: 32
He does write in a sensationalist way, and where I do question his judgment is his quotes from some of the older ghost and haunting books, which I suspect he throws in to pad out his books and make up for the lack of contemporary cases. Wow--you have all his books! I've only got those that I know to contain time slips, but likely you have a few cases I've totally missed. I will attach a summary of cases I have (only 33 out of an alleged 100 or so). If you could copy any you have that are not on the list, I'd be very grateful!

I could indeed do that, probably at the weekend. I do like his books I just tend to take them with a large pinch of salt these days even though I'd really love them to be true, especially the timeslip stories!

Thanks for that! I think about half the cases on my list come from Slemen, a few more from Parascience, and the rest are randomly sprinkled around the net. There isn't any obvious difference in the quality of cases from the different sources. We would certainly prefer to read first person statements rather than someone else's paraphrase but it isn't always possible.

Thanks for that! I think about half the cases on my list come from Slemen, a few more from Parascience, and the rest are randomly sprinkled around the net. There isn't any obvious difference in the quality of cases from the different sources. We would certainly prefer to read first person statements rather than someone else's paraphrase but it isn't always possible.

No problem, just bear with me because it might take a while. Is it possible to PM on here? I can't find the option. If it is would you mind PMing me? It might be a bit easier if I can just send you some stuff.

If you go to your profile and select "Conversations" then "Start a new conversation" that should work.

This is certainly interesting, but it would be good to have more detail. My understanding is that the vast majority of the D-Day dead are buried in the British and American cemeteries in northern France; the allies simply did not have the resources or the time to ship the dead back to the UK, certainly not in large numbers, and it would be interesting to know under what circumstances some where repatriated.

Fleetingly rare.

Sub. No: 1218
Subject: Return of bodies of deceased soldiers to the U.K. for burial.

1 . Enquiries from next-of-kin regarding the return of bodies of deceased soldiers to the U.K. for burial, may be answered by Officers i/c Records on the following lines.

2 . "Permission cannot be granted for bringing back, during the war, the bodies of those who have been killed abroad, for reburial in this country. Many similar applications have been received, but in no case has permission been granted, no exceptions having been made. It is not possible to say at the present time what will be practicable in this direction after the War."

3 . If further enquiries are made by next-of-kin they should be referred to the Director General, Graves Registration and Enquiries, The War Office, (A.G.13) 32 Grosvenor Gardens, London, S.W.1.

Cas. (L.) Misc B.M. 1694 A.G.1 (Records)
3 December 1944

http://discovery.nationalarchives.gov.uk/details/r/C2357371

Hello all! It's my first time posting here and just wanted to mention an experience I had, namely, back in May or June of 1992, I experienced what I can only think was a time slip.

Going up to London with a new boyfriend, we caught a train to Waterloo and then headed down into the underground. I can’t remember which entrance we took: I just remember heading down the escalators and seeing scraps of paper lazily blow past me up the other way. That was the first hint of weirdness. The paper wasn’t gusting like it normally would in the blast of subway air – this was deliberately slow mo.

It was at that point that I think I sensed the shift in atmosphere. From the normally bustling energy of Waterloo on a Saturday, it segued into a heavier depressing gloom. Everything was too quiet. Even though there were still people around, they all seemed subdued. It was almost like being underwater.

At the foot of the escalators, there were lines and lines of string, like multitudes of washing lines. Bits of cloth and rag were hung up on the lines, as though makeshift camps had been set up all along corridors and in any available spaces. It wasn’t just a couple of isolated areas, it felt like all the passages had been turned into living areas or camps. I don’t remember which underground line we were taking, but we seemed to be walking far further than usual. The strangest thing was, I felt so tense and at a gut level KNEW that the surroundings had flipped into something more alien, yet it never occurred to me to say something to my boyfriend.

Standing in a corner was a man in official uniform – I don’t really remember him, just have a sense that he was bareheaded, had shiny buttons on his jacket – whose presence made me feel no less uneasy. I was trying to convince myself that if he was there, it meant that all the weirdness of the clothes lines were somehow explicable. Only afterwards, when my boyfriend and I compared notes did we realise that we both sensed something archaic about his outfit and demeanour.

By the time I got on the semi-crowded tube train, I was beginning to feel seriously panicked. Sitting across from us was a man who looked close to tears, red faced, breathing frantically, a really scared expression on his face. My boyfriend gave a surreptitious nod in his direction – the first clue I had that I wasn’t actually the only one experiencing something disquieting. Then my boyfriend whispered, "Look, him too," and there was another man further down the carriage who looked in fear of his life. At that point, it STILL didn’t occur to us to ponder what the hell was going on – we just both thought that maybe we had a premonition or something and ought to get off the train immediately. Only afterwards did we realise it totally felt strange from the moment we headed down into the underground station.

I guess we both assume that maybe it was some kind of time slip or overlay back to maybe the second world war – I don’t know if they turned any parts of Waterloo stations into shelters.

Sorry it’s not as dramatic as hanging out with Marie Antoinette in Versailles, but it still creeped me out big time, and whenever I think about it, I still recall just how scared it made me.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I’ve just read this again and a thought occurred to me. What if it was WWI? The bare headed man has always confused me although surely even in the 1910s people would generally have a hat of some kind no matter where they were. Also the clothe lines don’t sound WWII but maybe WWI. It seems they were building Waterloo underground during the time. So some of it might have been accessible. I’ve had a look and Edwardian police look like they would have very shiny buttons. Maybe this person just took their headwear off to give their head an airing.
817DD928-7AE9-4655-87EC-0E8AA219AD52.jpeg
:dunno:

I’ve just read this again and a thought occurred to me. What if it was WWI? The bare headed man has always confused me although surely even in the 1910s people would generally have a hat of some kind no matter where they were. Also the clothe lines don’t sound WWII but maybe WWI. It seems they were building Waterloo underground during the time. So some of it might have been accessible. I’ve had a look and Edwardian police look like they would have very shiny buttons. Maybe this person just took their headwear off to give their head an airing.View attachment 24867:dunno:

That's a possibility that hasn't occurred to anyone before. It's a pity that the original witness seems to have left this thread and doesn't reply to attempts to make contact. She might have been able to respond to this notion. I'm not sure whether people in WWI shelters/tube stations would have worried whether they had their hats on or not.

That's a possibility that hasn't occurred to anyone before. It's a pity that the original witness seems to have left this thread and doesn't reply to attempts to make contact. She might have been able to respond to this notion. I'm not sure whether people in WWI shelters/tube stations would have worried whether they had their hats on or not.
I was thinking if the shiny buttoned man was a policeman which seems most likely that he would be there in an official capacity then he would be wearing his helmet. But perhaps it wasn’t a policeman maybe a doorman after he finishes work. Shame we haven’t got much to go on.

I was thinking if the shiny buttoned man was a policeman which seems most likely that he would be there in an official capacity then he would be wearing his helmet. But perhaps it wasn’t a policeman maybe a doorman after he finishes work. Shame we haven’t got much to go on.
Or maybe some railway official trying to cope with the unusual circumstances. Must admit, I had no idea that the underground was ever used as shelters in WWI. Odd that the witness didn't see anyone else connected with the lines of rags.

Or maybe some railway official trying to cope with the unusual circumstances. Must admit, I had no idea that the underground was ever used as shelters in WWI. Odd that the witness didn't see anyone else connected with the lines of rags.

There doesn’t seem to be a lot of information about the WWI Home Front especially compared to WWII. Even I don’t know much and I did the wars as part of my History degree. WWI is always about the politics and trench warfare. I know there were air raids (zeppelins freak me out by the way) and ships even came close enough to fire at places, this I learned of not that long ago. But I don’t really know to what extent there were raids and if there were as many shelters as WWII.

Back