• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Timeslip At Waterloo Station?

My point in providing the links to these stories was that I hoped by comparing the experiences of these people and perhaps other cases that some on here may know of and noting the parallels, between cases, some insight into who or what is behind the phenomena and the reason these people were interfered with ,may be realized.
It seems to me that there are two factors at play -- one, at least regarding time slips, is the earth's natural energy; and the other may be as you suggest, the actions of nonhuman entities -- fairies, jinn, whatever you call them. Lagarde's study showing that landings during the French wave of 1954 tended to cluster near fault lines is a good indication of what might be happening. (I reworked his data and found that occupant reports were even more closely associated with faulting.)

Okay, point taken as regards the writer being an academic. The second story (in Scotland) is weaker than the first and has a sense of almost wanting a further time slip to happen, with a reliance on the film being the length they thought it was, but was it?

I am fascinated by the time slip phenomenon and frankly a believer, however there is a lot of fiction masquerading as fact on Reddit paranormal threads so I tend to be rather cautious

Okay, point taken as regards the writer being an academic. The second story (in Scotland) is weaker than the first and has a sense of almost wanting a further time slip to happen, with a reliance on the film being the length they thought it was, but was it?

I am fascinated by the time slip phenomenon and frankly a believer, however there is a lot of fiction masquerading as fact on Reddit paranormal threads so I tend to be rather cautious
I tend to stick with their Glitch in the Matrix thread -- a lot of time and dimensional slips appear there.

I agree that a lot of the reddit stories are made up. This one, however, gave me a gut feeling that he's telling the truth. The second incident in Scotland is far less dramatic and you are right. We can never know the facts about the film, but academic/research types are usually rigorously precise and thorough with details like this. It was research he was doing for his P.H.D. so important to him. both the writer and his associate did lose an hour of time that they could not account for. If they had simply sat somewhere, or gone for a walk for an hour, it's very strange that neither of them have any memory of it.

The man in black story and the Doll Feet case both remind me of the Matt Damon movie, The Adjustment Bureau. M en in black type characters who can operate outside of time and dimension to make sure everyone sticks to the life path that's been mapped out for them. Maybe they really exist. Who knows?

had to re-remind myself of some of the details of this thread since rejoining (piccadilly circus cafe account) ... i did spend a fair bit of time @regentpalacehotel in mid-late 90s it was a riot, i did a few days in the city here and there each month for 4 or 5 years with work, always liked the bukowski vibe so elected to suffer the shared bathrooms in the name of fear and loathing, none of my colleagues understood obviously

and so i have some affection for the story on those grounds, but couple of things stand out after some distance and on a re-read

the poor girl must have been fairly frazzled after a coach trip down the country all the day before, crashing with some stranger the night before, sitting in a hotel lobby literally without getting up, and without eating or drinking all day, this cant have placed her in a strong position to be clear minded through the wierdness to come

but i see a non sequitur in her writing the note at the hotel reception indicating piccadilly station cafe, before she had got there, ie there was at that time the assumption that the cafe would be at piccadilly circus, when in fact that hotel had several street exits and is in a complex configuration of streets, being (or used to be) triangular

regardless of where precisely the cafe actually turned out to be that day, it had already been defined for her as piccadilly circus since, as when you write down a dream, its caught in the net that point onwards

the other thing, as i mentioned back in 2017, there was a ground floor cafe with a curved bar and a street entrance in the hotel, or there was in the 90s ... it was always empty as it was very unobvious from within the hotel, due to the gradient of the street there may have even been a few steps down to get in from the street, and of course it would let out onto the same street as in the account, and probably allow someone to suddenly "see" someone in the street outside

there were also a couple of subterranean bars with street entrances that led off to one side or other of the street between the hotel and piccadilly circus entrance in the nineties, who knows what they were before the bar culture explosion ... onesuch definitely used to lead to a lower level beneath of the regent palce, bono used to hang out there, i could never get in

had to re-remind myself of some of the details of this thread since rejoining (piccadilly circus cafe account) ... i did spend a fair bit of time @regentpalacehotel in mid-late 90s it was a riot, i did a few days in the city here and there each month for 4 or 5 years with work, always liked the bukowski vibe so elected to suffer the shared bathrooms in the name of fear and loathing, none of my colleagues understood obviously

and so i have some affection for the story on those grounds, but couple of things stand out after some distance and on a re-read

the poor girl must have been fairly frazzled after a coach trip down the country all the day before, crashing with some stranger the night before, sitting in a hotel lobby literally without getting up, and without eating or drinking all day, this cant have placed her in a strong position to be clear minded through the wierdness to come

but i see a non sequitur in her writing the note at the hotel reception indicating piccadilly station cafe, before she had got there, ie there was at that time the assumption that the cafe would be at piccadilly circus, when in fact that hotel had several street exits and is in a complex configuration of streets, being (or used to be) triangular

regardless of where precisely the cafe actually turned out to be that day, it had already been defined for her as piccadilly circus since, as when you write down a dream, its caught in the net that point onwards

the other thing, as i mentioned back in 2017, there was a ground floor cafe with a curved bar and a street entrance in the hotel, or there was in the 90s ... it was always empty as it was very unobvious from within the hotel, due to the gradient of the street there may have even been a few steps down to get in from the street, and of course it would let out onto the same street as in the account, and probably allow someone to suddenly "see" someone in the street outside
It's an ingenious theory, but I don't think it really accounts for the detailed facts of the case. The helpful lady who suggested going to the cafe in the station would have presumably known -- if you are right -- that the cafe would have been in the hotel itself, so why would she lead the witness and the other helpful male out of the hotel and down the stairs to the station to get there? Why would the witness, on running up those stairs soon afterwards, encounter her boy friend leaving his car in the street as she had just sensed?

not intended as a theory, just noting where i saw a degree of congruity with my own memory of @regentpalacehotel ... but its those weird little details that dollface fixates upon that make the story a great read, and of course the contemporaneous letter is gold ... didnt see this image on the thread yet, but it shows the (current i assume) layout of entrances and exits to the ticket hall, which is interesting to this case

Attachments

• picadilly-circus-tickethall.jpg
    picadilly-circus-tickethall.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 47
Great detective work. Would be interesting if anyone who is often in that area would care to get some pictures around the bottom of those stairs.

I thought, from reading Carl's account, that there was a kind of spur , where the cafe was located , at the bottom of the stairs, then a right turn. I don't see that on the map, but there is one at c

Yes, the witness said that the helpful lady turned at the foot of the stairs and that the cafe was indeed in a kind of spur, or at least a bit of corridor that ended level with the top of the stairs. When later she returned there she found no sign of the cafe, implying that the corridor did continue a short distance. Either the plan didn't bother to include it or maybe it has been closed off since.

Great detective work. Would be interesting if anyone who is often in that area would care to get some pictures around the bottom of those stairs.
I’ll be in the area early next month. If you want to PM me with a few more details of where to find the stairs I’ll be happy to get some photos.

Ok,I didn’t realise. I haven’t read the whole story so wasn’t aware of that.
If you scroll back up to the station diagram you need to find exit E, which is in Glasshouse Street. It seems there is building going on in the street at the moment but if the stairs aren't in use you can just find them from within the concourse and take a look at them. Is there any sign of a small piece of corridor to the left of the bottom of the stairs? And if there is you can take a couple of photos. I doubt it would tell us much, but you never know.

If you scroll back up to the station diagram you need to find exit E, which is in Glasshouse Street. It seems there is building going on in the street at the moment but if the stairs aren't in use you can just find them from within the concourse and take a look at them. Is there any sign of a small piece of corridor to the left of the bottom of the stairs? And if there is you can take a couple of photos. I doubt it would tell us much, but you never know.
I will have a look for you

there were also a couple of subterranean bars with street entrances that led off to one side or other of the street between the hotel and piccadilly circus entrance in the nineties, who knows what they were before the bar culture explosion ... onesuch definitely used to lead to a lower level beneath of the regent palce, bono used to hang out there, i could never get in

I once went to the subterranean "The Atlantic Bar and Grill", in Glasshouse Street.

Someone paid for the drinks, which was just as well, as it was not a cheap place.

And a mention for that "Taste of old Soho", the New Piccadilly Cafe, which closed in 2007.
Was in Denman Street, very near the hotel.

http://www.urban75.org/blog/remembering-the-new-piccadilly-cafe-in-central-london/

download.jpg

Last edited:
I remember getting lost in the tunnels under the ground at that station after a shopping trip. That station and the tunnels are disorientating at best. I wish I had checked the time before I got lost with the time afterwards when I got to the tube/escalator area now....just in case there was any missing time unaccounted for! :hahazebs:

interesting website here with photos of the original station, it seems the station was redesigned and rebuilt in the thirties to cope with increased footfall, the old station is still there, or parts of it, heres a quote from someone who was part of the hidden london tour of the old station there 2020 : "The small group of a dozen if us were led down the caged emergency stairs into another world ... "

london inheritance hidden london piccadilly circus tube tour

Many underground stations, including Waterloo, were used as air-raid shelters during the Blitz in World War II .. looks like you flipped into this time period.

I don't know how long at a time they would have been occupied, though.. the cloth and rag on lines aounds very strange indeed.
It is true that many underground stations were used as air-raid shelters during World War 2. During bad times, if you didn't have a shelter (which was rare), hanging out stuff on lines was common. However, the number of people using them as bomb shelters was higher during World War One. Given the brand new concept of urban bombing, it would have been a more common sight during WW1.
Does it become scarier suggesting you were further back in time? Perhaps that explains the general sense of people in deep fear (which happened in WW2 of course).
Apologies for the rambling.

@Carl Grove Just wanted to say I‘ve read your various pdf attachments on this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Such compelling cases, particularly the Doll Feet one. I wish I had something constructive to add, I’m afraid I don’t, but just wanted to show appreciation for the time you’ve put into recording the cases and for sharing your work here.

@Carl Grove Just wanted to say I‘ve read your various pdf attachments on this thread and have thoroughly enjoyed them. Such compelling cases, particularly the Doll Feet one. I wish I had something constructive to add, I’m afraid I don’t, but just wanted to show appreciation for the time you’ve put into recording the cases and for sharing your work here.
Thanks, that is too kind. Eye and other health problems forced me out of a conventional academic career, and although I was able to make a kind of living from a couple of part time jobs, I suppose I still had the urge to do research of some kind! And it all came together when I looked into the Rougham mystery, information of all kinds just fell into my lap when I needed it. Plus I've had a lot of my own bizarre experiences, so I can see things from both sides as it were.

but just wanted to show appreciation for the time you’ve put into recording the cases and for sharing your work here.
I'm trying to get him to share more of his many experiences on here!

Back