• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Tiny People Growing From Trees

A

Anonymous

after i saw that picture of the tiny person someone supposedly found recently, the one that lived for like 8 days then mummified real quick, made me remember something i saw on the discovery channel. they had some chinese dude on there, and he had a few of these little people that had like stems on their heads i think. he said they found them on the ground or something. this was a while ago so i may remember wrong, but it was really weird.they were supposed to do some tests or something, but as with alot of the weird shit they say their gonna do tests on, you never hear a damn thing about it. did anyone see this or hear of it?

Yes!! I do believe I did see and read about that!!!

But for the life of me I know not where!!(I also saw a photo of a giant bird creature nail to the side of a barn , when I was a kid and to this day it drives me nuts trying to remember where I saw that! but I did!) so..it might have been here or in fortean times because that is the only two places I can think of that I would have seen it, as It would'nt have been in the "UFO" mag.:confused:

kadingle said:
something i saw on the discovery channel. they had some chinese dude on there, and he had a few of these little people that had like stems on their heads i think. he said they found them on the ground or something.

Hi Kadingle, by coincidence I came across this another message board a few days ago! It's supposed to be a Thai herb called Naree Pon and resembles a little elf.

There are more details (and a picture) at http://www.cyberspaceorbit.com/nareepon.html

thanks for the replies :) that looks like them, but i thought they were more stout looking and had almost mushroom cap looking heads. maybe thats just something i made up over the years though, i tend to do that sometimes hehe.

Thanks --Rynner-- on thunderbird images--

great site to read if anybody out there has'nt read and seen photo's --a real "mind muck up" for people who think they've seen it"....

Maybe it was a TV programme or the sunday sport. If it was genuine it would be one of the biggest discoveries of all time.

what?.. people growing from trees --or--big bird?

posted --by-- KarlR Maybe it was a TV programme or the sunday sport. If it was genuine it would be one of the biggest discoveries of all time.

It all sounds very similar to the mythology surrounding the Mandrake.
which dates back to Biblical times. Its supposed resemblance to the
human form led people to regard it as a fertility charm. By Medieval
times, it was thought to grow beneath the gallows because of the
seminal drippings from hanged men. :cross eye

See Verdi's Un Ballo in Maschera for a scene which acknowledges the
connection without rubbing noses in it.

To gather Mandrakes was dangerous, so you had to harness poor
doggies to drag them from the ground and take the curse.

There is some debate about the identity of the Old Testament plant
and the Mandragora that was known to Shakespeare. Lots more on
this in Frazer's 3 volume Folklore in the OT - less popular than the
Golden Bough but full of juicy bits.

I gather that in the East, Ginseng root was first prized as a medicine
because of the way its knobbly root suggested men with two or three legs.

Esther Rantzen would have had a field-day - literally. :eek:

Back