• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

Yes, cause it was a tad thicker if i remember right and it always had that certain smell, not unpleasant tho, i think you can still get it, cant you?

Yes, cause it was a tad thicker if i remember right and it always had that certain smell, not unpleasant tho, i think you can still get it, cant you?
No, they stopped fairly recently AFAIK.
Izal. What was it really for? Was it a way of satisfying public demand for loo paper, but at the same time making it so unappealing that even crims wouldn't nick it?

It was like using tracing paper but even worse wasn't it? ..
It made very good tracing paper, we used to use it for that when I was a kid.
Later during a brief stint working for HM Inspector of Taxes, found that the toilets all had the hard type of paper and printed with "Government Property" (or something similar) on each sheet, obviously I pinched a roll (lost it a long time ago).

It made very good tracing paper, we used to use it for that when I was a kid.
Later during a brief stint working for HM Inspector of Taxes, found that the toilets all had the hard type of paper and printed with "Government Property" (or something similar) on each sheet, obviously I pinched a roll (lost it a long time ago).
One time my parents came to visit us, we all went to the Queen's Sandringham estate and house for the day .. obviously as tourists when no Royals were there .. I was going through a hard time at the time so when we were all in the car driving back to mine, my Mum presented me with a full roll of toilet paper that she'd somehow managed to nick from there just to cheer me up. It worked.

One time my parents came to visit us, we all went to the Queen's Sandringham estate and house for the day .. obviously as tourists when no Royals were there .. I was going through a hard time at the time so when we were all in the car driving back to mine, my Mum presented me with a full roll of toilet paper that she'd somehow managed to nick from there just to cheer me up. It worked.

I wouldn't boast about it like last person to nick a royal bogroll did...
images

Ten minutes is a VERY long time for a pee. If she didn't need to queue, she would be done and out in a couple of minutes

A common cause for complaint from women; queuing because of inadequate toilet facilities.

For example, Preston (Lancashire) railway station has one set of toilets (that's ladies' and gents') on one platform, with only four cubicles in the Ladies'. Four! At a busy commuter station! The queue regularly stretches out of the door. Undignified and disgraceful.

A common cause for complaint from women; queuing because of inadequate toilet facilities.

For example, Preston (Lancashire) railway station has one set of toilets (that's ladies' and gents') on one platform, with only four cubicles in the Ladies'. Four! At a busy commuter station! The queue regularly stretches out of the door. Undignified and disgraceful.
Which is why in many theaters women have liberated the mens' room during intermission. Long line -- no line.

Which is why in many theaters women have liberated the mens' room during intermission. Long line -- no line.

Paco Underhill, in his book Why We Buy, discusses this problem in the context of poor forward planning and bad customer service. Can recommend.

I met my wife while queuing for our respective toilets in a bar. The gents' queue may have been a lot shorter and quicker so I probably stepped out of the queue to chat to her. Never like Mills & Boon is it?

I worked in a very historic Victorian court building where the facilities were becoming a significant issue. When it was built there were no women barristers or solicitors or judges, no women clerks or civil servants and so there was a multiplicity of men’s toilet and very few women’s.

I worked in a very historic Victorian court building where the facilities were becoming a significant issue. When it was built there were no women barristers or solicitors or judges, no women clerks or civil servants and so there was a multiplicity of men’s toilet and very few women’s.

Really, hahaha! I bet THAT situation was soon shaken up! With plenty of grumbling, no doubt.

I don't think I would be comfortable using this method of unblocking a toilet. So much scope for error.

That is funny.
Works on a similar principle to a plunger, but as you have written, could go so terribly wrong.

From a manager of Ogilvy advertising :)

I promise I am not making this up. I have just been asked to upgrade the firmware for my new toilet.
It"s a Gerberit Aquaclean Japanese style bumwash toilet.

Some answers are ingenious and hilarious:

Rather use Dropbox
Or WeeTransfer.
Just check the logs.
You can "take your settings with you" when you use other Geberit toilets.
I cherish every day I don't have to log in to my toothbrush!

Please make this available to buy...

Charmin debuts a toilet paper robot and a bathroom smell sensor at CES 2020

Source: techrepublic.com
Date: 5 January, 2020

Don't squeeze the Charmin, but do check out the company's three new futuristic concepts at CES: the RollBot, SmellSense, and V.I.Pee designed to make a smart home even better.

Charmin is getting a bit cheeky at CES 2020 with a toilet paper robot.

That's right, a TP bot. It will bring your toilet paper to you in a hurry if you find yourself stranded on the commode without a roll. Consider it the ultimate in a smart home.

The bathroom, the last bastion of privacy from high tech, now has its own robot, thanks to Proctor & Gamble's Charmin's GoLab. At least, in theory. The product is one of three that P&G is debuting at CES 2020 as a concept, but that won't be available for sale to the public.

[...]

According to studies that Proctor & Gamble cites, on average, people use the bathroom six to seven times daily, and spend an average of 156 hours a year on the toilet. For such a critical room in a home, it's seen very little innovation—until now.

Charmin's three new technologies at CES, the RollBot, SmellSense and V.I.Pee, are conceptual prototypes are "made to deliver a better bathroom experience from start to flush," according to P&G.

https://www-techrepublic-com.cdn.am...obot-and-a-bathroom-smell-sensor-at-ces-2020/

From one of our great historians:

I had forgotten that one of the theories about Claudius' murder was that he was given a poisoned enema.

The comments are full of better and worse puns like:

A nasty end...
Administered by an ass-assin? (I'll get me toga...)
Coroviranus.
With friends like these, who needs enemas.

From one of our great historians:

I had forgotten that one of the theories about Claudius' murder was that he was given a poisoned enema.

The comments are full of better and worse puns like:

A nasty end...
Administered by an ass-assin? (I'll get me toga...)
Coroviranus.
With friends like these, who needs enemas.

I feel honour bound to mention one of the alleged ingredients of the said enema was juice of the death cap.

My mum was talking about the good old days when people weren't worried about the lack of toilet rolls in the shops as they used newspapers. She said she always knew when they were getting visitors - my gran would cut out the squares of paper using pinking shears.

My mum was talking about the good old days when people weren't worried about the lack of toilet rolls in the shops as they used newspapers. She said she always knew when they were getting visitors - my gran would cut out the squares of paper using pinking shears.

The newspaper couldn't be flushed in a proper bog. You could use it in an earth closet.

It has a particular smell. When I had a job doing home visits I'd occasionally catch a whiff and think 'Oh aye, the silly buggers're going to block their bog up!'

The newspaper couldn't be flushed in a proper bog. You could use it in an earth closet.

It has a particular smell. When I had a job doing home visits I'd occasionally catch a whiff and think 'Oh aye, the silly buggers're going to block their bog up!'
They had normal bogs - outside ones too, none of this namby-pamby, indoor nonsense with central heating and they had to share it with the neighbours.

She said she always knew when they were getting visitors - my gran would cut out the squares of paper using pinking shears.
When around 6 years old, we lived in a Glasgow tenement block which had a shared toilet.

By shared, I mean it was located at the top of stairs mid-tenement and used by all the tenants.

You have reminded that the, 'toilet paper' therein was always neatly cut squares of newspaper, impaled onto a small wall-hook. :)

Doing some housekeeping on my bookmarks and came across this forgotten one.

Should I mention it...

Ach why not, there's no obligation to follow it up.

Or should that be, 'follow through'... :wink2:

24 Types of Poop (Funny But True)

Poo comes in all shapes and sizes. It also comes is various odors and effort levels. In this article we’ll review the most common types of poop. Sure you might laugh at the descriptions but we promise you’ll laugh because they are true.

We spend so much time on the toilet but we understand so little about our poo. We hope this poo breakdown provides some clarity on what’s occurring in your toilet bowl. Let’s get started.

https://toilettravels.com/toilet-talk/types-of-poop-funny/

Back