• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

A new home is being sought for a museum-scale collection of toilet seats a 96-year-old man had assembled over many decades.

The ‘King of the Commode’ seeks an heir to his thrones
FOR SALE: One tiny kingdom, with many thrones. But it doesn’t come with a hereditary title.

That belongs, in perpetuity, to Barney Smith — the undisputed “King of the Commode.”

“There’s a lot of me in there,” he says, sitting in front of the corrugated metal garage he’s dubbed his Toilet Seat Art Museum.

There’s a lot of, well, everything in there.

Smith has one seat decorated with a chunk of the Berlin Wall and another with a piece of insulation from the doomed Shuttle Challenger. There are lids festooned with flint arrowheads, Civil War Minie balls, Amtrak train keys, Pez dispensers — even $1 million in shredded greenbacks from the Federal Reserve Bank in San Antonio.

Every inch of door, wall and ceiling space is covered.

The sign out front — a commode lid, of course — says Smith’s art is “NOT FOR SALE.” But after five decades and countless offers, the king says everything must go. ...

FULL STORY: https://apnews.com/005b4a652892437f...-of-the-Commode'-seeks-an-heir-to-his-thrones

When nature calls: Pay a visit to the bathroom full of living spiders

These photographs first appeared on Facebook post headed “Such a cool bathroom idea!!!” As you might surmise, this was on a page for those with a liking for insects, bugs, and spiders. The bathroom is (apparently) functional although it has been decked out to house several whip spiders or tailless whip scorpions—or amblypygi which is “an ancient order of arachnid chelicerate arthropods.” These amblypygi have eight legs but only use six for walking. The front two are used as “antennae-like feelers, with many fine segments giving the appearance of a ‘whip’.” They have pincer-like chelicerae which are used to hold and grind prey before digestion. They have eight eyes, are non-venomous to humans, and don’t weave webs.[/img]

16jh26p.jpg

https://dangerousminds.net/comments..._visit_to_the_bathroom_full_of_living_spiders

What happened to the drugs smuggling toilet striker? Has he exploded yet?

A man dubbed 'the poo jogger' after he was photographed defecating on a city sidewalk has been outed as a top business executive.

Andrew Douglas Macintosh, 64, is the national quality manager with retirement village giant Aveo and is also on a Brisbane City Council board advising on planning issues, reported The Courier Mail.

He was previously a Retirement Village Association director.

He will be infamously remembered now though as the 'poo jogger' after being charged with public nuisance.

4CF9A61E00000578-5812471-image-a-8_1528294717078.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ating-pathway-outed-hot-shot-businessman.html

A man dubbed 'the poo jogger' after he was photographed defecating on a city sidewalk has been outed as a top business executive.

Andrew Douglas Macintosh, 64, is the national quality manager with retirement village giant Aveo and is also on a Brisbane City Council board advising on planning issues, reported The Courier Mail.

He was previously a Retirement Village Association director.

He will be infamously remembered now though as the 'poo jogger' after being charged with public nuisance.

4CF9A61E00000578-5812471-image-a-8_1528294717078.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ating-pathway-outed-hot-shot-businessman.html

He's never going to live that photo down. The only thing which could make it more embarrassing would be a jobby dangling.

He's never going to live that photo down. The only thing which could make it more embarrassing would be a jobby dangling.
I'd be just as embarrassed that my balls weren't visibly in shot.

Last edited:
Well, he's close to retirement age and will probably get a payout (as he is senior management - ordinary wage slaves wouldn't). It won't ruin his career, as he can just waltz into retirement.

Well, he's close to retirement age and will probably get a payout (as he is senior management - ordinary wage slaves wouldn't). It won't ruin his career, as he can just waltz into retirement.

He'll still be notorious locally as the poo jogger & will probably have to move somewhere far away. I wonder what it was all about - was there some sort of grudge going on? What was the point, if there was one..

Paging Techy! Paging Techy!

You know that old saying that if you're scared of your boss, imagine that he's sitting on the toilet when he's telling you off ? ... look at Andrew Douglas Maccy D's face .. it's completely unfazed even as he's caught taking a shit on a pavement ! .. no fear in his eyes whatsoever : "Yeah .. and ?" ... I'd hire him.

I'd like to think this doesn't represent the quality of our conversations generally. But last night Mr E and I were contemplating why human beings usually need to use toilet paper (or a leaf or water), but apart from the occasional skidooing dog, animals seem to be able to just poop and go, their fur remaining nice and dung free.

If you know I'd love to hear.

Maybe it's my lack of experience of looking at animals' bums. Actually I suppose you do see mucky sheep sometimes. But perhaps they're unnaturally furry.

sorry

My cats clean their own arses - but not directly after crimping one off.

Maybe it's a buttock thing?

My ex flatmate went through a phase of, without warning, suddenly and absolutely having to take a crap .. not diarrhoea but an honest poo .. so we'd be walking somewhere, nature would call and he'd jump into someone's front garden and curl one out. We gave him the nickname 'The Brown Pimpernel'. The funniest one was when me and him were walking back from his stepdad's house down a never ending straight wooded road on Christmas Day not far from Cromer, he gave me the warning so I kept walking and he dropped his load on the side of the road .. at the exact same time a traditional family car we hadn't noticed drove past. The horrified faces pressed against the windows were priceless :win: ..

My cats clean their own arses - but not directly after crimping one off.

Maybe it's a buttock thing?
Yes, humans have big, fat arse cheeks. Most animals don't.
Also...the consistency of animal poo is different from most human poo (it's usually drier and firmer).
That may be why.

A super powered toilet demonstration (with uplifting music)

Some toilet news from Singapore.

Kim brought his own toilet

Although Kim’s suite at the five-star St Regis hotel in Singapore came with a luxurious ensuite bathroom, the North Korean leader will only be relieving himself in a portable loo brought from home.

This is not the first time Kim has taken such a precaution. The armoured car which brought him to his milestone meeting with South Korean president Moon Jae-in April has its own toilet, and he reportedly brings one with him even on travels within North Korea.

The practice “allegedly stems from Mr Kim's fear that foreign agents will look at his stools to gain an insight into his secretive life”, The Independent reports, potentially uncovering health problems which rival states could use to their advantage.

The almost total absence of concrete information about Kim’s health or personal life is also “a useful negotiating factor”, says Slate: “Kim knows more about the publicity-loving U.S. president than Trump knows about him”.

http://www.theweek.co.uk/94221/why-...letter&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

Judging by the size of him, I dread to think of the size of the Great Leader's "stools". Maybe he just didn't want to block the plumbing?

Judging by the size of him, I dread to think of the size of the Great Leader's "stools". Maybe he just didn't want to block the plumbing?
Very considerate of him.

Back