• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Toilet Talk

The Magic Poo Trap for dogs. Don't watch this while you're having your breakfast .. :welc:

More toilet techno ..

USB rechargeable poop illuminator with p*ss-flap.

Well, who hasn't done that after a shandy or two?
I've known many that took a pee outside after a few -many cocktails. But shi*ing on another's property is Frickin gross. You'd have thought that he would have been the bugger that got hit and not the home owner for bringing it to the idiots attention.

Last edited:
Apropos of toilets, but really in the sphere of sociology, I remember a 'Thinking Allowed' episode on BBC R4 at least 10 years ago which mentioned a family that apparently had always used the toilet facing the cistern for at least 3 generations.

Since toilet use is generally only learned from parents/close relatives, they were not surprised - an initial adult, maybe when confronted with their first flushing toilet, had chosen to use it facing the 'wrong' way. And then had taught their children to do so, not knowing this was 'unusual'!

I swear on Mr Fort's grave this was an actual feature and is not a Mandela false memory. At least I hope not...

Now you can piss a brick.

Human urine has been used to create environmentally friendly bricks by university students in South Africa.

They combined urine with sand and bacteria in a process that allows the bricks to solidify at room temperature.

"It's essentially the same way that coral is made in the ocean," Dyllon Randall, their supervisor at the University of Cape Town, told the BBC.

Regular bricks need to be baked in high-temperature kilns that produce large amounts of carbon dioxide.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-45978942#

You could almost build a shit brick-house, not a brick shit-house...

I referred to a work colleague once as a shit brickhouse.

You mean 'brick shithouse', said another.

No, I did not - said I.

It's actually a very useful insult as, should anyone notice, you simply claim an involuntary spoonerism.

Another favourite is 'buttock force'. Employed when being ordered to perform an action by someone rude.

aOYBbwE_700b.jpg

Apropos of toilets, but really in the sphere of sociology, I remember a 'Thinking Allowed' episode on BBC R4 at least 10 years ago which mentioned a family that apparently had always used the toilet facing the cistern for at least 3 generations.

Since toilet use is generally only learned from parents/close relatives, they were not surprised - an initial adult, maybe when confronted with their first flushing toilet, had chosen to use it facing the 'wrong' way. And then had taught their children to do so, not knowing this was 'unusual'!

I swear on Mr Fort's grave this was an actual feature and is not a Mandela false memory. At least I hope not...

In the Daily Mirror in the early '70s there was a series of readers' letters about 'plug-enders', who sat next to the taps in the bath. They all thought that was normal, too.

You might have a go at searching the Thinking Allowed archives, or even emailing the programme.

Apparently these are still being made and sold .. three questions: what if you need to do more than one wipe, who cleans it and how?

abottomwiper.jpg

Last edited:
Apparently these are still being made and sold .. three questions: what if you need to do more than one wipe, who cleans it and how?

And a fourth question, since it has a gift aid label: who the hell would want to buy a second-hand arse wiper?

And a fourth question, since it has a gift aid label: who the hell would want to buy a second-hand arse wiper?

You could easily google all that. This is an aid to independence for people with disabilities. Mock ye not, you might need one some day and you'll be grateful.

As Swifty will know, one of the secret skills of careers is to discreetly assess a client's lavatorial capabilities without asking. A client who possesses one of these items is determined to keep their independence.

In fact, a very famous fillum's big reveal was ruined for me when I didn't see evidence of one of these.

You could easily google all that. This is an aid to independence for people with disabilities. Mock ye not, you might need one some day and you'll be grateful.

As Swifty will know, one of the secret skills of careers is to discreetly assess a client's lavatorial capabilities without asking. A client who possesses one of these items is determined to keep their independence.

In fact, a very famous fillum's big reveal was ruined for me when I didn't see evidence of one of these.

Promoting independence and fostering dignity and equality as I remember the training Skargy ..

I saw the independence writing on the box but it's honestly the first time I've seen one of these .. after use, are they put in some sort of sterilising solution bowl similar to a bog brush?. I presume you can buy replacement foam parts?

I saw the independence writing on the box but it's honestly the first time I've seen one of these .. after use, are they put in some sort of sterilising solution bowl similar to a bog brush?.

They're used with bogroll or medicated wipes so it's not like a strigil (where everyone shares a sponge on a stick). It's a tricky skill to master, I'm told, but someone determined enough to manage alone can do it.

I'm sure I'd be grateful for anything that made life easier, but I think that, if affordable, I'd feel much more comfortable if my toilet paraphernalia was new and not second-hand, being a bit of a germophobe.

They're used with bogroll or medicated wipes so it's not like a strigil (where everyone shares a sponge on a stick). It's a tricky skill to master, I'm told, but someone determined enough to manage alone can do it.
So that's what the hole in the middle of the sponge is for? ... to sort of slot in the paper or wipes?. Clever.

I'm sure I'd be grateful for anything that made life easier, but I think that, if affordable, I'd feel much more comfortable if my toilet paraphernalia was new and not second-hand, being a bit of a germophobe.
I expect it's never been used.

As it's in its box it's probably an unwanted gift from a well-meaning adult daughter or son to their parent whose health was deteriorating.

I could tell you exactly how and why such a situation could come about but after reading it you'd have to burn your laptop.

As it's in its box it's probably an unwanted gift from a well-meaning adult daughter or son to their parent whose health was deteriorating.

I could tell you exactly how and why such a situation could come about but after reading it you'd have to burn your laptop.
Melena stools and at that stage the patient's usually bed bound anyway ..

On a more cheerful note, you've just reminded me of a HCA who'd started with us .. I asked her one day to attend a patient's buzzer with "Doris needs to go to the toilet if you can take her?" .. "But don't the nurses do that? .. "No, that's our job. Didn't anyone tell you? ... OK, can you please finishing helping Jim here and I'll see to Doris" .. I thought I'd better ease the HCA in gently after dropping that bombshell on her. She ended up being an excellent HCA, I think she went on to nurse training.

Melena stools and at that stage the patient's usually bed bound anyway ..

On a more cheerful note, you've just reminded me of a HCA who'd started with us .. I asked her one day to attend a patient's buzzer with "Doris needs to go to the toilet if you can take her?" .. "But don't the nurses do that? .. "No, that's our job. Didn't anyone tell you? ... OK, can you please finishing helping Jim here and I'll see to Doris" .. I thought I'd better ease the HCA in gently after dropping that bombshell on her. She ended up being an excellent HCA, I think she went on to nurse training.

Many medical students do a stint as CA before training. It gives them pocket money and hands-on experience and looks great on the CV. I met quite a few at work in hospitals and care homes. They'd all agree it was an eye-opener!

Many older people who're becoming infirm have nice presents like these from their families. I used to buy those warming pads, like little electric blankets, from car boot sales, brand new in their original boxes. My pets loved them, unlike the original recipients. (I even gave my disabled former father in law one, as it was still sealed in its packaging. He was delighted!)

You could pick up helpful stuff for disabled people if you needed to. My local Community Pantry benefits from some walking sticks with three 'feet' that I've provided. They are useful for people who need a hand free to carry a basket. Independence, y'see!

Back to the plastic bum-wiper - they often arrive when the person is becoming too frail or whatever to manage toileting alone. Even if their kids will take them shopping or help with cleaning they often don't want to be doing that sort of thing. Sadly, it might soon become clear that Mum or Dad has other difficulties apart from the physical awkwardness so a gadget is no good.

Back